What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Car came out pretty good. Not sure this was worth $200 though. They did manage to get rid of some scratches.

20211024_154542.jpg
i like that lip, do you have a link/name?

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Installed the 27WON 70a rear motor mount in my car.. Definitely makes the cabin shake like crazy lol. Fixed the 2 issues that were annoying me with the car though, the rubber banding feeling that I thought was just a CVT issue and I feel much more planted and able to put more power down while cornering. Went up the mountains to drive yesterday and the rear motor mount definitely makes me feel more confident going faster on turns while before I felt like I didn't have enough control.

Bit mixed on it overall since this is my daily driver. Hopefully it dies down a bit after its broken in because while I like way it feels to drive a lot more now, I don't know how I'll feel if I want to take a longer trip in the car.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Next up is Whiteline 22mm RSB and Accord endlinks. Question: Should I get the lateral locks? I've seen it highly recommended (required?) for the FSB, but not sure if it is a good idea for the RSB?
Get the lateral locks.

I went though a few weeks of nightmarish clunking from my endlinks. They only stopped with loctite and double nuts. I have the lateral locks and I feel like they really help too

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Decided to troubleshoot my parking lot speed rear suspension knocking noise that got pretty exaggerated over the weekend. I'm running BCR coilovers and a Whiteline 22mm RSB and adjustable links.

I was initially thinking my sway bar was the culprit, but once I had it up on jacks, I saw the problem immediately. My springs moved around easily with some tugging, so my preload was obviously way off.

It hit me that when I first installed them, I had the perches at the bottom, and used the included thin 'isolator' on the spring side. That's how I set the preload. When I flipped the perches to the top, I added in the OEM isolators and forgot to compensate the load for the extra thickness! After a quick preload reset, she's running nice and quiet, and feels much tighter when cornering again.
Well, the clunk at low speeds came back, so I put it up on jacks and did some more investigating. Through some tugging on my wheel and suspension components, I figured out that my driver side Skunk2 rear camber arm front bushing was gone, and the resultant play was 100% responsible for the clunking. It doesn't pose any immediate danger, but would wear through the bolt sleeve and bolt eventually.

I ordered some replacement bushings from Amazon that should arrive by Wed. They appear to be common for many Skunk2 products, and for $12, I'll risk it.

In the meantime, tightening the somewhat loose bolt down seems to have taken care of the rattle while I await the parts. I figure the bolt gap was created when the bushing disappeared.

I've only had these in a couple of months, so my best guess is that my buddy who installed the driver side arm either went too tight, crushing it, or too loose where there was vibration that broke it. These are polyurethane, not rubber so they can actually break.

The bushings are these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008L0GCIK?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Installed the 27WON 70a rear motor mount in my car.. Definitely makes the cabin shake like crazy lol. Fixed the 2 issues that were annoying me with the car though, the rubber banding feeling that I thought was just a CVT issue and I feel much more planted and able to put more power down while cornering. Went up the mountains to drive yesterday and the rear motor mount definitely makes me feel more confident going faster on turns while before I felt like I didn't have enough control.

Bit mixed on it overall since this is my daily driver. Hopefully it dies down a bit after its broken in because while I like way it feels to drive a lot more now, I don't know how I'll feel if I want to take a longer trip in the car.
These are my exact feelings after installing the Hasport 62A rear motor mount. The confidence I have in corners is magnified. The downside is the vibration at 1k rpm. I can't wait to get a sway bar and better tires to further improve the car's handling.

I ordered the Hardrace version which provides better results in terms of NVH and the rubber durometer is 65A.

PontiacFan

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport, 2020 Accord EX-L, 1971 LeMans
Country flag
Get the lateral locks.

I went though a few weeks of nightmarish clunking from my endlinks. They only stopped with loctite and double nuts. I have the lateral locks and I feel like they really help too
Thank you for the reply and insight!

PontiacFan

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport, 2020 Accord EX-L, 1971 LeMans
Country flag
What is all required to remove the sedan trunk panel? I pulled the stock emblem and replaced it with an OEM blacked out emblem but the 3M isn't instilling a bunch of confidence in it's hold ability. I'd like to put the peg locks on the new one just so I can forget about it.
My nerves were the worst part. I did not want to break any clips and create a rattle. I carefully followed the directions from CollegeHillsHonda.com and used a lot of patience. (Emblem set: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08F20-TBA-100.html?Category_Code=civic-sedan and instructions for 2020 model: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2020/4dr/blackemblems.pdf) Give yourself a couple hours and it should be good. In the end I am really happy I removed the panel and installed the new black emblems "the right way".

nicmartim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
My nerves were the worst part. I did not want to break any clips and create a rattle. I carefully followed the directions from CollegeHillsHonda.com and used a lot of patience. (Emblem set: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08F20-TBA-100.html?Category_Code=civic-sedan and instructions for 2020 model: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2020/4dr/blackemblems.pdf) Give yourself a couple hours and it should be good. In the end I am really happy I removed the panel and installed the new black emblems "the right way".
So, it's just pop-clips and one bolt? No 3M tape or anything. I had this built up in my head as though it were more difficult than the front bumper. Guess time to start prying. Thanks for the links!!!

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

I've got the 27won as well. I've had it in for a few months and it's definitely alot less shaky then on fresh install. It's a little shaky at sub 1k rpms (which is mostly while in reverse). It's not perfect luxury smooth but now I definitely don't mind it like I did when I first installed.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Bit of a fail today. I was planning to wrap my roof black.. I think the combination of cheap vinyl (ebay) and me incorrectly measuring the length I needed set me up for failure. I got pretty close but ended up peeling it back off. I'd prob pay for this to get done... For those who want to attempt themselves, do not be intimidated by the shark fin, it comes out very easily you just have to drop the headliner and get a 16mm in there. There is one wire connection in the passenger side C pillar that needs to get unclipped as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) F96B22A9-CB72-4BA7-A800-115B5CA291D7

Edit: As cool as it looked in that photo, it was a crap job. Needed to be redone.
Sponsored