XXR 527 Size & Offset

delayedend

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hyundai Kona N, 17 Civic Coupe Touring (Sold)
Country flag
Hello, I’m interested in getting some new wheels and the XXR 527’s caught my eye. I have a 2017 Civic Coupe Touring. I’m wondering what size and offset I need. Also, how much rubbing should I expect? Is there a setup with these wheels that won’t rub at all? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

joeyp19

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just ordered a set. I haven't received them just yet, but I went with the 18x8.75 with a 35 offset in chromium black. Been researching for a while, I paired them with 235/40r18 michellin pilot sport tires and D2 springs. Again haven't received them yet but from the research I've done this fitment should sit pretty flush.

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hello, I’m interested in getting some new wheels and the XXR 527’s caught my eye. I have a 2017 Civic Coupe Touring. I’m wondering what size and offset I need. Also, how much rubbing should I expect? Is there a setup with these wheels that won’t rub at all? Thanks in advance!
I like the design too but the weight of the XXR is slightly on the high side. When I was shopping to upgrade my wheels, XXR was under my wishlist. But as I dig further, lightweight wheels do give some benefits, it reduces the rotational mass, resulted better acceleration and save some gas as well. Moreover, there are 4 wheels i.e. 4X the weight saving. Hence, I settled with ADVAN Racing RGlll 18x8. RGlll weights about ~16lbs each wheel, I saved 12.5lbs per corner, total 50lbs weight saved. Immediately I feel better acceleration and a fuel saving of ~5% since and make me enjoy my drive even more.

OP
OP
delayedend

delayedend

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hyundai Kona N, 17 Civic Coupe Touring (Sold)
Country flag
I like the design too but the weight of the XXR is slightly on the high side. When I was shopping to upgrade my wheels, XXR was under my wishlist. But as I dig further, lightweight wheels do give some benefits, it reduces the rotational mass, resulted better acceleration and save some gas as well. Moreover, there are 4 wheels i.e. 4X the weight saving. Hence, I settled with ADVAN Racing RGlll 18x8. RGlll weights about ~16lbs each wheel, I saved 12.5lbs per corner, total 50lbs weight saved. Immediately I feel better acceleration and a fuel saving of ~5% since and make me enjoy my drive even more.
Yeah I like the look of the XXR but they weigh barely less than the stock wheels. What offset are you running? (Edit: Saw the picture on your profile)

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Yeah I like the look of the XXR but they weigh barely less than the stock wheels. What offset are you running? (Edit: Saw the picture on your profile)
+37. I wanted +35 for a dead flush look, but RGlll 18x8 does not has +35.

Take your time to explore further, look out for light weight wheels. The sweet spot is 18x8.5+35 wrap with 235/40/18. This setup will give you a dead fender flush look. Also, if one day you would like to drop your ride e.g. Eibach Pro-kit lowering spring (which I did), this setup can afford to lower 1” w/o any rubbing issue and still stay within oem alignment.
Sponsored

Last edited: