Mishimoto Race Intake R&D Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Wait for 3rd party testing. Their performance intake loses power vs stock despite their hp gains claim.
Any intake with a bigger maf housing will outperform the OEM intake.

Some need it some not.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys!

As promised, more info on our Race Intake kit! Make sure that you check out the entire kit on our engineering blog!

HEAVIER BREATHING – 2017-2021 HONDA CIVIC TYPE R RACE INTAKE R&D, PART 3 – FULL KIT TESTING

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Race Intake R&D Thread NLT_2626-1-scaled

It’s old news that the FK8 Honda Civic Type R is a record-setting speed machine. Now that the years have passed, plenty of drivers are looking for ways to take the Civic’s record-setting run even further, and we’re ready to deliver the solution.

The main attraction to this kit is the oversized MAF housing. On intakes designed for stock tuning, the MAF housing needs to stay close to the original size to avoid throwing off fuel trims which would trigger a check engine light. The issue is that the housing is typically a bottleneck in flow, requiring custom tuning to go larger. Well, that’s exactly the plan with this setup. Our 82mm or 3.2″ MAF housing removes this chokehold and comes to life with custom tuning.
Many thanks to @Jason@DASHautosports for helping us out during the development of this kit!

These are now on a limited time discounted presale, so make sure that you get your's today:

RACE AIR INTAKE, FITS HONDA CIVIC TYPE R 2017+
Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Race Intake R&D Thread MMAI-CTR-17RBK_1

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited:

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
good job ya'll looks good for those that want to push the envelope on this car with their own unique Tunes

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Props for pricing this kit right, you guys are offering a significant value proposition by offering an upgraded MAF housing, upgraded intake, and upgraded inlet pipe all at a value that beats any current inlet + intake combo in price.
Much appreciated!

The race air intake includes the inlet pipe and the MAF correct?
Correct! The race kit includes the new airbox, MAF, and inlet pipe. The other option is for just an inlet upgrade, which includes the inlet, and a new silicone coupler for adapting the Performance Intake kit

Congrats you guys really knocked it out of the park with this! Just a few questions how long will the presale be going for? Also is the maf 3.2 od or id?
Great questions! We're aiming to start shipping these as early as next month, but that is subject to change, so I'll be sure to keep you guys posted! And 3.2" MAF is the ID

-Nick

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ctr championship white, Aegean blue 18 civic ex sedan
Country flag
I pre-ordered the inlet so I can have matching parts finally.
But I do in the future want to get the race intake but would like to see it sold without the inlet for those of us who chose to buy the inlet first.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
I pre-ordered the inlet so I can have matching parts finally.
But I do in the future want to get the race intake but would like to see it sold without the inlet for those of us who chose to buy the inlet first.
Not a bad idea! That's definitely something we can look into!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to bump this up with some good news! All of our Race intake components arrived early, so we're going to start shipping these out ASAP! We're also going to keep rolling with our special presale pricing for the same duration too, so plenty of time to take advantage!

-Nick

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to bump this up with some good news! All of our Race intake components arrived early, so we're going to start shipping these out ASAP! We're also going to keep rolling with our special presale pricing for the same duration too, so plenty of time to take advantage!

-Nick
Is the elbow going to be available for the non race intake? Like if you purchased the race but may just run the inlet pipe (with the mishi performance Intake) while waiting on other parts?
Or maybe just make that available to us especially if it’s just 1 piece required ??‍♂

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Hey Guys!

-Nick
Hook it up when you ship my order out lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.