repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
I'm so happy for those excited for the new 11th gen., but I'll wait to see what the 12th gen. looks like.

Until then, I hope that single mass flywheel fits on our 10th gen.
Sponsored

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Same wheel size, same brake size, same swaybar size on a slightly bigger and heavier vehicle. I'm sure the stiffer links make up for the difference. I'm really interested to see if the tested performance numbers are all that different.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Same wheel size, same brake size, same swaybar size on a slightly bigger and heavier vehicle. I'm sure the stiffer links make up for the difference. I'm really interested to see if the tested performance numbers are all that different.
The way they have tuned it, it seems even with slightly less hp it's going to perform in a straight line exactly like the stock 10th gen. The power curve peaks all the way up to 6000 RPM. The more aggressive gearing does bring down the MPG's. If people are upset about less HP over the 10th gen, that's nothing to be upset about because performance wise there shouldn't be much change. If they are upset about Honda not increasing the HP, that should have been expected and welcome to the club. My 2010 IS350 has 306 HP and 11 years later the 2021 IS350 has 311. A tune will address the power issue

NJSi19

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

Now that would be pretty nice. The styling of the 11th gens are meh. I'll hold my thoughts until I hear how it drives.

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm so happy for those excited for the new 11th gen., but I'll wait to see what the 12th gen. looks like.

Careful holding out for too long--the automotive world is being turned upside down by emissions regulations and EVs. With as rapidly as things are changing, I wouldn't say that a non-electrified 12th gen Si is a given. Honda has already stated the 11th will be the last non-electrified Type R. Maybe a hybrid works for you, maybe it doesn't. But it's undeniable that change is happening much more rapidly than anyone anticipated...

That said, absolutely nothing wrong with keeping the 10th gen forever. Long live the 10th gen!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Careful holding out for too long--the automotive world is being turned upside down by emissions regulations and EVs. With as rapidly as things are changing, I wouldn't say that a non-electrified 12th gen Si is a given. Honda has already stated the 11th will be the last non-electrified Type R. Maybe a hybrid works for you, maybe it doesn't. But it's undeniable that change is happening much more rapidly than anyone anticipated...

That said, absolutely nothing wrong with keeping the 10th gen forever. Long live the 10th gen!
As much as I love ICE, EV's are way better. You can make a ton of reliable power way cheaper with electric motors. And you really don't need a lot of hp with an EV because they have a ton of instant torque. When I say instant, I mean instant! I leased a 2020 Hyundai Ioniq EV for my wife's work commute, and that thing not only drives amazing, but saves me a lots of money costing me roughly .04 cents a mile. And with no oil changes or maintenance other than tires and brakes, it was cheaper to lease the Ioniq and park my wife's 2013 Sienna. Next year I'm replacing her Sienna with a Ford F-150 Lightning with the 300 mile range battery pack. Almost 600 hp, 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and it gets equivalent 85 mpg, so there is no penalty for the size and power it produces

Of course I live in California, charge my car mainly at home and have a ton of public chargers all around me, but as they get adopted more widely, the charging infrastructure will expand

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
As much as I love ICE, EV's are way better. You can make a ton of reliable power way cheaper with electric motors. And you really don't need a lot of hp with an EV because they have a ton of instant torque. When I say instant, I mean instant! I leased a 2020 Hyundai Ioniq EV for my wife's work commute, and that thing not only drives amazing, but saves me a lots of money costing me roughly .04 cents a mile. And with no oil changes or maintenance other than tires and brakes, it was cheaper to lease the Ioniq and park my wife's 2013 Sienna. Next year I'm replacing her Sienna with a Ford F-150 Lightning with the 300 mile range battery pack. Almost 600 hp, 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and it gets equivalent 85 mpg, so there is no penalty for the size and power it produces

Of course I live in California, charge my car mainly at home and have a ton of public chargers all around me, but as they get adopted more widely, the charging infrastructure will expand
I think EVs will be mostly better for everyone _eventually_. Today there are still some big trade-offs... cost being chief among them. Even in the long-term, there will be some exceptions as well, with driver engagement being on of those.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

You're not wrong. Part of the reason I bought my STi now. It's port injected, Hydro steering, AWD, turbo flat 4, 6MT. One of the last few drivers cars we're gonna see. When it's paid off I'd probably get an EV daily and turn it into more of a weekend/track car.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think EVs will be mostly better for everyone _eventually_. Today there are still some big trade-offs... cost being chief among them. Even in the long-term, there will be some exceptions as well, with driver engagement being on of those.
There are trade-offs for sure, but they are not really that bad. For example you have to plan out long distance trips to make sure your route has chargers. Also depending on the fast chargers available, it may take 20 to 40 minutes to charge from 0-80 percent. As far as how they drive...superior to any ICE car. So unless you must have the sound of a revving engine, the trade-offs are completely worth it

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're not wrong. Part of the reason I bought my STi now. It's port injected, Hydro steering, AWD, turbo flat 4, 6MT. One of the last few drivers cars we're gonna see. When it's paid off I'd probably get an EV daily and turn it into more of a weekend/track car.
Old school, the way I love it!

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
That's disappointing. Lower power and it's heavier than before.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Not a spectacular improvement over the 10th Gen but nice to see them including rev matching and individual mode. The broader powerband looks to be a wash from the outgoing Si. Probably good for an extra tenth at most.

I suspect the noticeable improvements will come with the interior and chassis tuning. Glad to see they got the SMF issues ironed out (they had wanted to do one in the 10th gen).

Regardless of the disappointments, it's nice to see Honda continuing to build the Si's. Though there's certainly room for a mid-range player in this space *cough* Integra *cough*.

EDIT: Looks like no ADS either.

Last edited:

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I am massively disappointed. I had owned a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 and watched it's demise. Now I see this. It's a disgrace. I am 54 years old and am watching the end. No more combustion engine. No more stick shift no more coupe. It's over. It is completely over. You can't make enough excuses to possibly call this car a success. Flywheel doesn't cut it. I feel sick. What a massive loss.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am massively disappointed. I had owned a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 and watched it's demise. Now I see this. It's a disgrace. I am 54 years old and am watching the end. No more combustion engine. No more stick shift no more coupe. It's over. It is completely over. You can't make enough excuses to possibly call this car a success. Flywheel doesn't cut it. I feel sick. What a massive loss.
I would withhold that judgement until it's actually taken out and driven. Savagegeese just reviewed the 2022 Civic Sport and said it's the best car he's driven in this segment. He couldn't stop praising it, even though it had a CVT. You'll probably find it's better than the 10th gen. Although it is true that the combustion engine is coming to an end, EV motors are way, way better in every way
Sponsored