Does this workaround work for you?

• Total voters

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
the workaround listed at the top of this thread.
I got it. Lol. I had to go all the way up. Hahahaha. The Honda link app messed me up once too. Had to delete all instances of it and reboot iPhone don't forget to delete the phone from the CarPlay on phone too before rebooting. Also remove the phone from the car. And reboot the radio as well in the car.

midiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
I got it. Lol. I had to go all the way up. Hahahaha. The Honda link app messed me up once too. Had to delete all instances of it and reboot iPhone don't forget to delete the phone from the CarPlay on phone too before rebooting. Also remove the phone from the car. And reboot the radio as well in the car.
yep, did all of that. Thought it had fixed it, but the first "no device connected" came a little later than normal, but came nonetheless.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
yep, did all of that. Thought it had fixed it, but the first "no device connected" came a little later than normal, but came nonetheless.
Did you change your 'source' to something else that you had previously. Obviously you don't want Bluetooth because there is 'no device connected'. Lol. Make sure you change your source to FM or something. That's if you removed your phone from Bluetooth devices on the cars screen. Sometimes I shut my Bluetooth off and when I get in car it tries to connect but can't. So I get the no device connected.

worth mentioning.
Also after you plug phone in and then disconnect it. I believe it goes to last used source so it tries to connect your phone probably which if it's not plugged in next time than 'no device connected' will appear. Unless you changed the source to FM after you connect the phone. Try that. Change source to FM after connecting iPhone. I really never had that issue. I do get the no device connected because I see it has changed the source automatically sometimes like BT. You can remove your BT devices as well and see if that helps removing the phone from automatically connecting to BT. So if your BT is off on your phone it can connect to it hence you will get the no device connected.

Lol. I'm just rambling. Hahahha

Last edited:

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I assume you are getting the "No Device Connected" after two minutes. If so, that is what I am getting as well. The only consistent workaround I have found for this one is to restart my iPhone 6+ running iOS 10.0.2 prior to connecting it to my car. If I do that, I can't recall that it has not worked. But if I don't restart, I will get the "No Device Connected" message right around two minutes every single time.

Seems like this thread has branched into two different issues. Sounds like the original workaround presented by FusionTurbo was for the "incompatible" message that comes up if you leave your iPhone connected and shut off your car and come back later.

RC

OP
OP

FusionTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Thank you all for your feedback and ideas!

Even though the 'Enable Once' route still works consistently for me, I'm going to try the 10.1 Beta 2 first and see if it makes any difference. If not, I'll then downgrade to 10.0.2 and see how that works.

Will report back.

Dr. Arvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Downloaded iOS 10.1 beta 2 and fixed the CarPlay connection issue I was having on iOS 10.1 beta 1! No need to reboot your phone every time you connect or select "enable once" each time you connect your phone!

Dr. Arvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Downloaded iOS 10.1 beta 2 and fixed the CarPlay connection issue I was having on iOS 10.1 beta 1! No need to reboot your phone every time you connect or select "enable once" each time you connect your phone!
Just to follow up I meant the "not compatible" issue which is completely different than the other issue reported that CarPlay disconnects after 2 minutes. I've never had the disconnecting issue after 2 minutes on 10.0.2, 10.1 beta 1 or beta 2.

OP
OP

FusionTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Just to follow up I meant the "not compatible" issue which is completely different than the other issue reported that CarPlay disconnects after 2 minutes. I've never had the disconnecting issue after 2 minutes on 10.0.2, 10.1 beta 1 or beta 2.
Interesting. I got 10.1 Beta 2 installed on Tuesday but still the same issue...

Dr. Arvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Interesting. I got 10.1 Beta 2 installed on Tuesday but still the same issue...
I also used iTunes to completely restore my iPhone as new and installed iOS 10.0.2 using my previous backup then upgraded to 10.1 beta 2. Maybe a clean restore will do it for you? That's all I can think that I did differently this time and it's been working since Tuesday.

gehang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe, 95 civic ex
What worked for me was getting a new phone. Not that it's an acceptable solution for anyone, or that it works for everyone. I think I'm just lucky.
I had a 6s with ios9 when I bought my ex-l, and carplay worked great. When I upgraded the phone to ios10 the carplay went to shit. It just so happened my upgrade was due so I picked up a 7 a few weeks ago, and I haven't had a problem since, its working as well now as it was with my 6s on ios9.

RoverFl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 EX
I had the same problem....when i upgrade to 10. I downgraded to 9.3.5 and started from scratch. I didt restore from back up or anything and everything is working flawlessly.

Stea1thninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
What worked for me was getting a new phone. Not that it's an acceptable solution for anyone, or that it works for everyone. I think I'm just lucky.
I had a 6s with ios9 when I bought my ex-l, and carplay worked great. When I upgraded the phone to ios10 the carplay went to shit. It just so happened my upgrade was due so I picked up a 7 a few weeks ago, and I haven't had a problem since, its working as well now as it was with my 6s on ios9.
I did the exact same thing.
Sponsored