Anime Watchers - What are You Watching Right Now?

OP
OP
bscags

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm kinda worried about the Bebop live action getting proper fucked, but so far, netflix has done good with whatever they've dipped their hands into. That's more disconcerting that they're not consulting Watanabe... I hope that's all heresay
Yeah hope they don't drop the ball with it. Did you get a chance to see the Live Action Death Note? I heard mixed reviews about that
Sponsored

OP
OP
bscags

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just trying to catch up on My Hero Academia before the movie comes out on Oct. 29th. I'm an entire season behind.
Just an entire season? Those are rookie numbers! haha I'm only on episode 3. Started watching like a year and a half ago and never got the chance to pick it back up. Really been meaning to! Same goes for Mob Psycho. Watched the first season entirely but with it in the background while doing something else

OP
OP
bscags

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jujutsu Kaisen
Haikyu!!
Code Geass
Full Metal Alchemist
Seven Deadly Sins
Fire Force
One Piece
Mob Psycho
Gangsta
Bungou Stray Dogs

Just to name a few...
How is Fire force? I think I watched the first episode but I was exhausted after work and couldn't give it my full attention. I'm pretty sure when I'm tired and watch anime my brain ignores the subtitles and pretends it knows Japanese.

OP
OP
bscags

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I only really watch Sword Art Online, it's the only one I can truly get into.
Yeah I feel you. I haven't been able to truly get into most of the new anime's. Been rewatching a lot

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
How is Fire force? I think I watched the first episode but I was exhausted after work and couldn't give it my full attention. I'm pretty sure when I'm tired and watch anime my brain ignores the subtitles and pretends it knows Japanese.
It's definitely worth a watch and grows on you as the story unfolds throughout each episode; totally underrated.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Ive also been trying to read up on the manga Witch Hunter, but I dunno whats happened to that one, it was about to get epic. I really wish they would animate that.

Another great epic, and long manga is Feng Shen Ji, and I totally wish theyd animate that as well.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah hope they don't drop the ball with it. Did you get a chance to see the Live Action Death Note? I heard mixed reviews about that
My buddy said it was good, but I haven't checked it out yet, myself. I haven't really watched anything lately that requires me to pay attention to it and/or read subtitles because anything I've put on lately has just been background noise that I can occasionally glance up at.

I know it's not technically anime, but I'm hoping they don't drop the ball on the live action Avatar: The Last Airbender, considering how the creators noped out of it at some point.

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm kinda worried about the Bebop live action getting proper fucked, but so far, netflix has done good with whatever they've dipped their hands into. That's more disconcerting that they're not consulting Watanabe... I hope that's all heresay
From what I've seen, they were using him as a "creative advisor" but I remember seeing Shinichiro tweet something along the lines of him only being an advisor, it is entirely up to their discretion whether they actually listen to his advice. Maybe they'll have learned from their other live actions/shows that are doing good now.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Currently watching:
- 7 Deadly Sins
- Baki Hanma (watched the other Baki series also)

Recenty watched (in the last year or so):
- Magi
- Darwin's game
- Record of Ragnarock
- Attack on Titan
- Jojo Series
- Hunter x Hunter
- Black Butler
- Code Geass
- Food Wars!
- Beastars
- Blue Exorcist
- Erased
- Parasyte
- Fate series
- Sword Art Online
- Great Pretender
- Trese
- High Rise Invasion

OP
OP
bscags

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Give Black Clover or Seven Deadly Sins a watch if you haven't already.
I second this! Only watched the 1st season of Seven Deadly Sins but it was super well done

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
Currently I'm watching Yashahime & Fena Pirate Princess. Kinda got out of watching anything recent but have been going back & watching some of the old Golgo-13(Duke is my hero) movies & reaquainting myself with Macross(all versions).

OP
OP
bscags

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My buddy said it was good, but I haven't checked it out yet, myself. I haven't really watched anything lately that requires me to pay attention to it and/or read subtitles because anything I've put on lately has just been background noise that I can occasionally glance up at.

I know it's not technically anime, but I'm hoping they don't drop the ball on the live action Avatar: The Last Airbender, considering how the creators noped out of it at some point.
Yeah I definitely feel ya on that haha I basically have shows on that I've seen a million times like House and Family guy on as background noise while working on stuff.

And yeah I really hope it works out! Just recently rewatched Avatar and it still is as great as it was since I last watched it as a kid

Spudrock512

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Ok all you anime watchers. For a newbie like me, what is one amine series is a must watch? I did watch Afro Samurai back in the day. I enjoyed it and always want to start something else, but never really knew what good ones to watch.