2022 BRZ

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know there's already an 86 thread and they are very similar cars, wondering if anyone decided to go the BRZ route?

I initially really was set on the 86, but the delivery date was a bit far out... I also managed to get 1k under MSRP for my BRZ. I also think getting MSRP will be slightly tougher for the 86, and even though I initially liked the styling more, the BRZ has grown on me a ton.

Placed a pre-order almost 2 weeks ago, got the Limited Trim 6MT in World Rally Blue. Super excited for my first blue car and also first RWD :D Very excited to start sliding and to see the aftermarket options out there
Sponsored

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
There better be some pics posted here when it comes in.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There better be some pics posted here when it comes in.
You already know im boutta be spamming with every angle I can get ahahh

Really excited for this platform I have so many plans for it

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Makes me think of a poor mans 911. Not an insult, just how the body is shaped.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Makes me think of a poor mans 911. Not an insult, just how the body is shaped.
Completely agree the front definitely gives me porsche/Nissan Z vibes. Plus they both also have boxer engines. Poor mans porsche it is!!!

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
You already know im boutta be spamming with every angle I can get ahahh

Really excited for this platform I have so many plans for it
I was interested in what kind of Toyota specific options might be available but they won't put up a build tool for it. Just the old one.

I built a BRZ though and like it. Most people are raving about how fun it is to drive which is nice to see.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was interested in what kind of Toyota specific options might be available but they won't put up a build tool for it. Just the old one.

I built a BRZ though and like it. Most people are raving about how fun it is to drive which is nice to see.
Yeah partly the reason I went BRZ. I do like the GR86 front bumper more and the black side mirrors but I don't think they'll be available for some time.. also toyota dealers are much harder to bargain for MSRP so i expect a markup which I will not pay.

Planning on painting the lower black trim of the BRZ front bumper to color match my World Rally Blue which I think will make it look much better/more aggressive

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I know there's already an 86 thread and they are very similar cars, wondering if anyone decided to go the BRZ route?

I initially really was set on the 86, but the delivery date was a bit far out... I also managed to get 1k under MSRP for my BRZ. I also think getting MSRP will be slightly tougher for the 86, and even though I initially liked the styling more, the BRZ has grown on me a ton.

Placed a pre-order almost 2 weeks ago, got the Limited Trim 6MT in World Rally Blue. Super excited for my first blue car and also first RWD :D Very excited to start sliding and to see the aftermarket options out there
I think it's gonna be a great car. I am gonna binge all the YouTube content that comes out for it.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it's gonna be a great car. I am gonna binge all the YouTube content that comes out for it.
Been binging all of it for a month now, pretty sure I've watched every video

funnily enough i was going to start shooting youtube vids for this with my gopro. I've shot a couple ones for a civic but never posted anything, mostly used it as a learning experience on how to shoot and edit but this time around I feel prepared for the brz :)

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After doing much research, somebody found out that it looks like a major cargo ship carrying a whole range of BRZ's has just recently landed in Rhode Island. This vessel will be offloading them there and then will be heading to Boston Autoport to offload some more.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-566971000

Super exciting news, I have a December ETA but I was the first order at my dealer, hoping that they get their allocation sooner.

I originally thought that these BRZ's were built to order, but it looks like they send over a bunch of cars in likely specs that people will buy (Like a 6MT WRB), which is a popular color/combo.

Hype!!

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The reviewers say it drives great, so I am looking forward to an in-depth evaluation, relative to the Civic, of how much it squeaks and rattles, average mpg, and whether my short friends have any chance of fitting in the back seats :p

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag

Wow the HKS exhaust sounds amazing. I wish civics sounded that good. But we know that story....
Agreed. The TypeR sounds a lot less deep. Not sure why the engine is so quiet.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Well with the si ? reveal, i imagine this will be the car for most si owners to go to in time.
Sponsored