**The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!**

conbonfk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Ran 285 slicks for the last bit of the season and could not believe the levels of grip with them. I killed them on their outside edges with negative 4 degrees camber on the front, fwd is just hard on front tires no matter what.

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** 20210928_161534
Sponsored

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ran 285 slicks for the last bit of the season and could not believe the levels of grip with them. I killed them on their outside edges with negative 4 degrees camber on the front, fwd is just hard on front tires no matter what.

20210928_161534.jpg
Nice. What slicks?

Jason@DASHautosports

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

20210928_161534.jpg
I think you have something wrong here, possibly tire pressure too low or just plain overdriving the traction available. It is hard to imagine that you would wear to the cords the outer edge at 4° camber. Our road race car we run 3.4° to 3.7° camber at most tracks and run 8+hr endurance races with pretty even tire wear, but most wear is on the inner 1/3rd.

conbonfk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Yeah, that set of slicks is a take off set that was given to me from a friend with a pretty modified s2000. When I got them, they had some noticeable wear patterns from him. I typically run at a very tight and technical race track with 1:07 lap times and there is no doubt I have noticed myself overdriving the car as well. I will be installing a fresh set of slicks for the next season and monitoring the wear with a close eye. I will run Pyro my first track day next season and see how the tires are doing :). I actually did Pyro for a friend and his race car m3 this past weekend as we setup his compression and rebound on his car (Which had a 200 pound passenger in the car so the right side numbers are a bit off, lol) but the track surface was only 9 degrees and his pirelli slicks never got fully to temp as he is still getting used to the car due to it not being on track in over 2 years.

I used to be the crew chief for an IMSA GT3 team and have looked after porsche gt3 cup cars on track for around a decade now.

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** Screenshot_20210721-214451_Instagram

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** Screenshot_20210720-163224_Instagram

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** 20211003_133732

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Already did an Autox even this last weekend and already singed up for my net HPDE down here in Homestead Speedway. Consider my self bitten lol. Pads should be here before next event.
When is the next event in Homestead? I was on the website and I just see test and tunes, and what look like private events.

hesitation

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 // 2007 AP2
Country flag
track season is over for me but managed to squeeze one last day in yesterday. sub 1:50 at ridge motorsports park! it's unofficially the fastest FWD time i believe. it's not a heavily contested record but still felt great to get reach my goal of sub 1:50 in the car.

switching to actual race seats (recaro spg profi) made a world of difference and even with the OEM 3pt belt i was being thrown around way less than before. this lets you drive with more confidence and consistency which plays a huge factor when out on the track.

i was able to put on a used set of a052 and the tires are insanely fast when they have peak grip. not a lapping tire at all but phenomenal ride quality and grip. they live up to the hype.

i dont think i will build out the car too much more to keep it a street car but new rotors and pads are going to be a must for next season. the CSG spec C1 pads will probably be my choice.

the car still has alot of potential and my driving was an 8/10 at best. still have lots to learn. my front pads were at 20% life to to begin with and the a052 destroyed them in 2 sessions.

i think i could've gotten a 1:48 easily if i got to run a few more sessions, but lesson learned: less material on pads = they heat up super fast and wear away even quicker.

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** PXL_20211009_173436388

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** PXL_20211008_054326937~2

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Day 1 of 2 down at BIR here in Mn. I've topped 5th out down the straight which is a fucking blast because it goes into a banked corner you can take at 120+. Has been great so far.

Big fan of the GLOCs so far they have great bite and allow for good modulation.

Ambient temps are low 70s, so far I haven't gotten the coolant gauge much past 1/2 mark and my temp gauge is reading 230~ saw 240 at the end of my last session. Luckily my Varis hood I've been told is stateside.

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** IMG_20211009_170537_815

Supposed to rain tomorrow so we'll see how that goes

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** PSX_20211010_205516

Day 2 Recap -. Ended up getting three 25 minute sessions in, 2 of them dry, 1 wet. Opted out of the last two just because it started raining harder.

Was definitely more gunshy yesterday, so I pushed the car much harder today.

Temps were in the low 60s, car did great, only once did I really get it up to 3/4 full right around 230 on my external temp gauge. This is all on just a Koyo rad.

Ran the Yokohama Advan Apex all weekend and I was very impressed by them as a lapping tire. Not once did they show signs of giving up on me. For reference, I started the weekend taking a banked sweeper off the straight at 90ish and ended entering at 120+. Tires held wonderfully.

Turn 2 was similar, high speed. Just flat. Car did perfect.

My brake setup is GLOC R10 up front and PMU Bforce in the rear and ATE fluid. Setup was rock solid all weekend. GLOCs have yet to squeal.

Overall, car performed well, even in the wet. My instructor had nothing but praise for the car and how well it handled and gave me some great feedback.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Track days #6 & 7 for me this weekend. Wildhorse Pass west track. First time on that track for me. Car continues to be amazing, had lots of praise from different folks. Not too many folks with transponders, from my best lap in session 1 to overall best lap dropped five seconds.

Lots of traffic and tended to be second fastest car in the groups I ran. Saturday was a Corvette I was hunting and Sunday a Cobra Mustang.

I'm running a stock 2020 with Endless MX-72 pads and Advan A088 tires. Loved the tires, very consistent with way more grip than the Contis or my daily PS4S's (as expected). I did not have any heating issues. But a friend's 2018 with bolt-ons did. Videos here; https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/madmage-on-the-track-videos.64442/

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
a few more shots from this weekend running with the Audi Club of North America (glacier lakes) at Quattroberfest. Overall, a very well run event!

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** Quattroberfest -6548

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** Quattroberfest -7068

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** Quattroberfest -6606
Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** Quattroberfest -6624

My panning shots need a lot of work.. hehe

saijintrunks

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Camry TRD
Country flag
Well, I guess good news for me. Ran at Thunderhill Raceway this past Thursday for a 5 Mile event, 75 degrees, overcast and had no issues of overheating based on the dummy temp gauge on the dash and was making power throughout the entire day. All bone stock on 200TW Federal tires and aftermarket wheels.

Then Saturday I ran the same track but only the 2 mile with the same setup, 75 degrees and same results. No overheating or issues with lost of power. Had a great time and was pushing the car. I know it not crazy hot out there but glad I don't have issues with the car in mid 70 degree weather. We will see once it reaches 80+ but for now I will enjoy it the way it is until the cooling mods are needed.

So far so good with the car and I seem to enjoy it for the time being.

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** GBME1814

saijintrunks

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Camry TRD
Country flag
There was also another fellow Type R there as well but didn't get to chat. He ran all day as well with no issues from what I've seen.
Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** 20211007_140843
Sponsored