The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding your Type R.

Are those the stock wheels with some trim added? They look cool.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rikuhj

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
It may be that many CTR owners bought them and leave them alone. Let's face it, the rest of us are basically playing catch up through tuning and bolt ons.

I personally enjoy turning a basic economy car into something sportier than just buying an out of the box race car. God knows the money it takes to push these could've covered the cost of a CTR by the time you get done playing!
Tuning a sh*tbox car does make sense cuz you know, insurance cost.

WhosClunk

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Honda Civic EX Sedan 2.0L CVT

Total tuned time: 17 Months

Total tuned mileage: 19,000miles

Current mileage: 57k tuned @ 38k

Tune used: @anatuned, locally tuned. felt a noticeable gain in power off the butt dyno car was running really good

Additional mods: RV6 Downpipe, aFe Intake, Ktuner, Muffler swap and res delete, American Modified grille, BC Coilovers, godspeed camber arms

Problems/Issues: I have this weird idle about half the time it fluctuates about 200rpm
(not tuned related) Loud ass clanking coming from passenger side camber arm, worn front right shock rip.

Fuel Used: 91 Chevron

Driving style: spirited about a 1/3 of the time I’ll be honest

Also recently got hit in a parking garage, upgraded to hatch bumper, paint matched the lip, and american modified grille

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 8F774541-9F38-4494-9316-107276725FC3

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
Thanks for adding your Type R.

Are those the stock wheels with some trim added? They look cool.
yea stock I dropped them off at a local pinstriper and told him if he gets an idea run with it. So that’s what he came up with.
I like them. Especially since nobody wants them and with 27mm spacers they fit so mint.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I changed the original post to reflect a new perk for people who've added their car here.
As a thank you for having added your car here, I'll gladly read your datalogs at no charge (Hondata or KTuner). Just put them in a .zip file and make sure the KTuner logs are in .kdlg format only.
As I mentioned last week in another thread, I won't be reading or helping with datalogs unless the car is a part of this thread.

Last edited:

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Am I able to start a datalog thru tunerview lite in the head unit and save it to a usb drive? Or do I have to hook up the laptop? Only ask because I feel like I don’t get a good connection always from the ktuner to my laptop lol

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Am I able to start a datalog thru tunerview lite in the head unit and save it to a usb drive? Or do I have to hook up the laptop? Only ask because I feel like I don’t get a good connection always from the ktuner to my laptop lol
No matter what, I don't read Tunerview logs. They are nothing but spreadsheets and tedious to read/view. The native .kdlg KTuner logs show all parameters in an easy and usable real time graph.

Last edited:

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I changed the original post to reflect a new perk for people who've added their car here.

As I mentioned last week in another thread, I won't be reading or helping with datalogs unless the car is a part of this thread.
Good, that should be a perk for contributing data to your thread, not something that you do for just anyone. Great idea!

Also, cheers to 200 pages! Another milestone will be 3,000 posts here. I'll be 2,998 at the time of this posting.

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
No matter what, I don't read Tunerview logs. They are nothing but spreadsheets and tedious to read/view. The native .kdlg KTuner logs show all parameters in an easy and usable real time graph.
Ok that’s cool. I wasn’t aware of that. When I get a couple though I’m going shoot you a DM, if that’s cool.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok that’s cool. I wasn’t aware of that. When I get a couple though I’m going shoot you a DM, if that’s cool.
Only if they're native .kdlg KTuner logs. I won't look at spreadsheet files like I said.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only if they're native .kdlg KTuner logs. I won't look at spreadsheet files like I said.
Congrats on being the 3,000th post on your thread! ?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just saw something a little bit disturbing. Since the thread is close to it's two year anniversary, I decided to message people who posted back then and ask them to add a new post with updates if they haven't already.

Sadly, I saw a number of them had updated/edited their original posts. And I get it, in most threads editing a post isn't a bad thing.

Unfortunately, by overwriting their old original info, there's basically no way for me to update the thread stats.

I check the thread daily to see if there are updates. If instead of doing a new post, you edit your old post, it will get lost in the shuffle and I'll never see it. And that's a problem.

People need to do a NEW POST showing any additional miles or other changes since your last post. Then, I can easily compare the original post and the new update and add the updated info to the first page stats.

I have a note on the correct way to do updates in the first post of the thread and I try to explain this every month or two but I'm not getting through. Sigh.

Last edited:

av31094

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic Si Coupe

Total tuned time: 4 years +

Tuned miles driven: 50k+

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1, currently using tsp stage2 flex fuel tune

Fuel used: e37 blend (speedway 93 and w-85)
Additional related mods: PRL cobra cold air intake , rv6 catted dp /fp combo , full race exhaust , custom flex fuel kit, mishimito catch can ,

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: slightly above granny driving
Tuning experience notes: Coming from a previously customed tuned fbo 8th gen si by vitviper, you can’t beat the bang for buck that these cars provide , just a tune will transform the car entirely! I’m leaving the 10th gen scene as the dad life has taken over but I will definetly miss it! Sad to part ways with my 10th gen si coupe, hands down best Civic yet.

dbagged86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Vehicle: 2016 EX-T Sedan

Total tuned time: ?

Tuned miles driven:
A lil over 4,000 miles

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata RACE Flashpro

Tunes used: Hondata Custom street tune, Optimized turbo response, Disable secondary O2, Upgraded throttle response stage 3 improved, Stage 2 increased throttle sensitivity, Increased fuel pressure, Artificial knock disable, Traction control street launch

Fuel used: US West 91 Octane blended with E85 to make 94 octane

Additional related mods: PRL Turbo Inlet Upgrade, PRL 3" street downpipe, PRL 3" front pipe, Agency 3" Catback Exhaust, Injen intercooler, Injen intercooler charge pipes, ETL transmission oil cooler kit for the CVT transmission, Cusco front strut tower bar, EBC slotted brake rotors and yellow stuff brake pads, 235/45/17 tires

Problems/issues: None at this time

Driving style: Casual/spirited

Tuning experience notes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Total tuned time: ?
Tuned miles driven: ?
Tunes used
: Hondata +6 psi and PRL big turbo upgrade basemap
Thanks for adding your car but I have a few concerns and questions.

For one, you don't know approximately how long you've been tuned or roughly how many tuned miles you've driven? The miles are a really important item for the reliability stats.

You also posted that you have an aftermarket TIP but not an upgraded turbo and you're running a tune designed for a bigger turbo? Is that correct?

Finally, are you datalogging to see how things are running?
Sponsored

Last edited: