Hybrid Racing Adjustable Shifter (10th Gen Civic)

HybridRacing

Elite Sponsor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey everyone, it's about time we make an official post about our short shifter assembly! If anyone has any questions, comments or feedback about this product, feel free to share it here!

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Racing Adjustable Shifter (10th Gen Civic) fk8_1024x1024

Praised for being one of the best stock shifters in the automotive industry, improving on Honda’s design can sometimes be a challenging task. When we set out to design our short shifter, we focused on all of the areas where the factory unit disappoints. With over 20,000 street and track miles and a year of testing completed in our own Civic Type-R, we put together the strongest, best feeling shifter available!

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Racing Adjustable Shifter (10th Gen Civic) 4_b0c17060-1d91-49f5-9eea-138232f249c1_1024x1024

KEEP IT SIMPLE
Reliability comes through years of experience in design and manufacturing. Any experienced racer knows that fewer parts mean less chance of failures or issues. Our one-piece robotically welded steel frame is not only strong, but you’ll never have to worry about bolts coming loose!

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Racing Adjustable Shifter (10th Gen Civic) 6_9379a933-4fe7-4371-a705-bc438642d68a_1024x1024

ALL THE FEELS
There is no greater feeling than crisp gear change. A loose or hard shifter changes the way you drive and can affect the way you feel about your driving experience. The best shifters have tight, direct shifts that require little effort. Our innovative design allows the end-user to customize the stiffness by swapping out the internal spring. We ship every new shifter with our favorite stiff spring, but we also include a softer spring if you want to change it up. Use what feels BEST to YOU!

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Racing Adjustable Shifter (10th Gen Civic) 2_96c71ea5-b176-45a8-bea2-5352f24f877c_1024x1024

STAY ON POINT
Not only have we engineered a shifter that is easy to assemble, adjust and use, it culminates years of design and testing. Our new 4-link wishbone rocker design allows extremely short and precise movements while keeping the shifter cables at their optimum angle. Other’s on the market offer cable reinforcement brackets and “tie-downs” but that’s a solution to a problem that shouldn’t exist. Torsion springs can offer inconsistent resistance which is why we chose to place a single internal spring that can stay constant during every gear change and for super-smooth centering action.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Racing Adjustable Shifter (10th Gen Civic) 7_f6f9c550-6a36-4ccf-b525-3ae7f57904df_1024x1024

UNMATCHED QUALITY
The Hybrid Racing 10th Gen Civic shifter goes through our most stringent design and quality tests. The laser-cut and robotically welded steel frame is made to withstand years of abuse without fatigue. Our proprietary three-step finishing process that has become a market standard ensures all of our billet aluminum parts are in perfect form.

Civic Sport MT (FC2/FC4/FK7) – (10%-50%) Reduction
Civic Si (FC1/FC3 Si) – (10%-30%) Reduction
Civic Type-R (FK8) – (+10%-20%) Reduction

Production Version in Dust Red:

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Racing Adjustable Shifter (10th Gen Civic) 03_HYB_SAS_01_36_RL_E_2000x

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Racing Adjustable Shifter (10th Gen Civic) 05_HYB_SAS_01_36_RR_E_2000x

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Racing Adjustable Shifter (10th Gen Civic) 11_HYB_SAS_01_36_MID2_E_2000x

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Racing Adjustable Shifter (10th Gen Civic) js1_1024x1024

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I have a couple questions. First, does this apply to a 2018 civic lx 6mt ? Also I see y’all added a dust black model, is there pictures of that one. And the one I was mostly interested in the dust gold model, when will that one be available. But if you could just tell me the availability of all the models it would be helpful. And one last question. If I were to order the shifter, mount bushings, and cable bushings, could a get like a package discount? Thanks for any help

OP
OP
HybridRacing

HybridRacing

Elite Sponsor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a couple questions. First, does this apply to a 2018 civic lx 6mt ? Also I see y’all added a dust black model, is there pictures of that one. And the one I was mostly interested in the dust gold model, when will that one be available. But if you could just tell me the availability of all the models it would be helpful. And one last question. If I were to order the shifter, mount bushings, and cable bushings, could a get like a package discount? Thanks for any help
1. Yes, this will work perfectly in all 10th Gen Civic models, including the LX, Si & Type R.
2. Dust Black has not been released. It will not be available for another few weeks. Dust Gold has been discontinued.
3. Check out Holiday Sale next week for the best deal, but you'd have to get what we have in stock. You also do not need the base bushings since our shifter mounts solidly to the floor.

Let us know if you need anything else!

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
1. Yes, this will work perfectly in all 10th Gen Civic models, including the LX, Si & Type R.
2. Dust Black has not been released. It will not be available for another few weeks. Dust Gold has been discontinued.
3. Check out Holiday Sale next week for the best deal, but you'd have to get what we have in stock. You also do not need the base bushings since our shifter mounts solidly to the floor.

Let us know if you need anything else!
I just ordered my shifter and cable bushings with your Black Friday sale. Thanks!

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Just installed the shifter yesterday. It feels tight? I'm using the softer spring, but it still requires more force than I'd like to shift, should I add some grease somewhere or is it possible I over torqued the spring housing?

OP
OP
HybridRacing

HybridRacing

Elite Sponsor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just installed the shifter yesterday. It feels tight? I'm using the softer spring, but it still requires more force than I'd like to shift, should I add some grease somewhere or is it possible I over torqued the spring housing?
Check to make sure the spring isn't binding if you swapped it. If you think there is still something going on, shoot us a video to [email protected] and we can help sort it out for you.

OP
OP
HybridRacing

HybridRacing

Elite Sponsor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just ordered my shifter and cable bushings with your Black Friday sale. Thanks!
Awesome, thanks for the support!

number9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic SI
Country flag
I just installed one in my 2017 Si coupe, one of the main reasons I did this was the stock shifter has a huge amount of travel, and I wanted to get rid of it.

A few notes:

Probably negatives:

1) the shifter requires an immense (insane?) amount of force compared to stock. You said at the top of this thread "The best shifters have tight, direct shifts that require little effort.". This shifter requires bear-arms effort.
2) the front cable bracket on the shifter is much more forward than stock from the rear cable. (perhaps right, left cable). This make installation a real pain. Not sure why you did not make the same as stock, I know Acuity shifters are the same distance away. I can not tell you what kind of PITA this made it to install.
3) you have to tighten the bolts on the top to an insane amount to get it to stop moving (the shift pin). If you tighten them "damn tight") it will still slip. I had to really bear down a lot more than I wanted to when I put the shifter on top of the unit (e.g. I was preforming a left-right adjustment to make the shifter rod a little closer to the driver).
4) Why did you make the right cable mount 90 degrees away from stock? It really wants to pull away, and I drive down the road thinking about it.
5) From the factory, my Si had a hard time getting into reverse. I kind of joke about it that the car does not want to go backwards. Usually putting it in 5th then 6th then reverse helps. After I changed the shifter, however, it is a real challenge. I find myself actively thinking about how to park without needing to go into reverse. Not sure what is up with that, and it was like that from the factory, but now that problem is worse.

Positives:

Short throw. I used the maximum length pins to get the shortest throw, and it is short.
Feels good when you can find the gear.
Did I mention how much shorter the trow is?

IheartEg6

First Name
Torrez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic race car 2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I just installed one in my 2017 Si coupe, one of the main reasons I did this was the stock shifter has a huge amount of travel, and I wanted to get rid of it.

A few notes:

Probably negatives:

1) the shifter requires an immense (insane?) amount of force compared to stock. You said at the top of this thread "The best shifters have tight, direct shifts that require little effort.". This shifter requires bear-arms effort.
2) the front cable bracket on the shifter is much more forward than stock from the rear cable. (perhaps right, left cable). This make installation a real pain. Not sure why you did not make the same as stock, I know Acuity shifters are the same distance away. I can not tell you what kind of PITA this made it to install.
3) you have to tighten the bolts on the top to an insane amount to get it to stop moving (the shift pin). If you tighten them "damn tight") it will still slip. I had to really bear down a lot more than I wanted to when I put the shifter on top of the unit (e.g. I was preforming a left-right adjustment to make the shifter rod a little closer to the driver).
4) Why did you make the right cable mount 90 degrees away from stock? It really wants to pull away, and I drive down the road thinking about it.
5) From the factory, my Si had a hard time getting into reverse. I kind of joke about it that the car does not want to go backwards. Usually putting it in 5th then 6th then reverse helps. After I changed the shifter, however, it is a real challenge. I find myself actively thinking about how to park without needing to go into reverse. Not sure what is up with that, and it was like that from the factory, but now that problem is worse.

Positives:

Short throw. I used the maximum length pins to get the shortest throw, and it is short.
I have this shifter and feel the complete opposite it works extremely well for me and I have no issue like you mentioned. If you are not using a weighted knob that was a big difference for me. The weighted knob helps offset the shifter.

scotsmandc

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 9th gen

A few notes:

Probably negatives:

Positives:

hello, I just got mine installed and having similar issues that you have regarding the reverse. I never had reverse issues before but now I feel like I need to do some bicep curls to shift gears lol. Now that you had it for a while, did it get better. Maybe just a break in period?

number9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic SI
Country flag
No. In fact, I purchased mine used with (IIRC) about 10,000 miles on it.

hello, I just got mine installed and having similar issues that you have regarding the reverse. I never had reverse issues before but now I feel like I need to do some bicep curls to shift gears lol. Now that you had it for a while, did it get better. Maybe just a break in period?

scotsmandc

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 9th gen
No. In fact, I purchased mine used with (IIRC) about 10,000 miles on it.
that’s too bad. Mine is getting better now.. no problems getting in to gear but still takes a bit of strength. I think my new HR shifter cables and selector springs just need to be broken in.

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey everyone, it's about time we make an official post about our short shifter assembly! If anyone has any questions, comments or feedback about this product, feel free to share it here!

fk8_1024x1024.png

Praised for being one of the best stock shifters in the automotive industry, improving on Honda’s design can sometimes be a challenging task. When we set out to design our short shifter, we focused on all of the areas where the factory unit disappoints. With over 20,000 street and track miles and a year of testing completed in our own Civic Type-R, we put together the strongest, best feeling shifter available!

4_b0c17060-1d91-49f5-9eea-138232f249c1_1024x1024.png

KEEP IT SIMPLE
Reliability comes through years of experience in design and manufacturing. Any experienced racer knows that fewer parts mean less chance of failures or issues. Our one-piece robotically welded steel frame is not only strong, but you’ll never have to worry about bolts coming loose!

6_9379a933-4fe7-4371-a705-bc438642d68a_1024x1024.png

ALL THE FEELS
There is no greater feeling than crisp gear change. A loose or hard shifter changes the way you drive and can affect the way you feel about your driving experience. The best shifters have tight, direct shifts that require little effort. Our innovative design allows the end-user to customize the stiffness by swapping out the internal spring. We ship every new shifter with our favorite stiff spring, but we also include a softer spring if you want to change it up. Use what feels BEST to YOU!

2_96c71ea5-b176-45a8-bea2-5352f24f877c_1024x1024.png

STAY ON POINT
Not only have we engineered a shifter that is easy to assemble, adjust and use, it culminates years of design and testing. Our new 4-link wishbone rocker design allows extremely short and precise movements while keeping the shifter cables at their optimum angle. Other’s on the market offer cable reinforcement brackets and “tie-downs” but that’s a solution to a problem that shouldn’t exist. Torsion springs can offer inconsistent resistance which is why we chose to place a single internal spring that can stay constant during every gear change and for super-smooth centering action.

7_f6f9c550-6a36-4ccf-b525-3ae7f57904df_1024x1024.png

UNMATCHED QUALITY
The Hybrid Racing 10th Gen Civic shifter goes through our most stringent design and quality tests. The laser-cut and robotically welded steel frame is made to withstand years of abuse without fatigue. Our proprietary three-step finishing process that has become a market standard ensures all of our billet aluminum parts are in perfect form.

Civic Sport MT (FC2/FC4/FK7) – (10%-50%) Reduction
Civic Si (FC1/FC3 Si) – (10%-30%) Reduction
Civic Type-R (FK8) – (+10%-20%) Reduction

Production Version in Dust Red:

03_HYB_SAS_01_36_RL_E_2000x.png

05_HYB_SAS_01_36_RR_E_2000x.png

11_HYB_SAS_01_36_MID2_E_2000x.png

js1_1024x1024.png
Does an FK8 assembly fit on an FC3 ? Or is it different