Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I'd recommend Epitome pretty good stuff even with a pretty high caffeine intake I don't drink coffee at all so I wouldn't know how much energy it actually gives in comparison with the preworkout but I have tried bang, reign an c4 drinks from the vending machine a few times also a few other preworkout products like gorilla mode, c4, woke af and defiant unleashed and none of them compete with Epitome by a long shot also ran me about 47$ with about 20 servings but I share it with my workout partner and a bottle with 1 - 2 scoops gets us going even after 10 hrs work days for me.
So you take it in the evening? Any trouble sleeping later? I have to be careful with caffeine after work for that reason.
Sponsored

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
So you take it in the evening? Any trouble sleeping later? I have to be careful with caffeine after work for that reason.
Nah not for me or my gym buddy but then again we also workout for 2 hours followed by 10 mins of cardio but we feel the effect start to go away towards the end of the workout. Also sometimes if all I've had to eat the whole day is a banana for lunch I get nauseous ( shocker).

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why do you feel you need a pre-workout? Might want to look into lifestyle factors that are leading to a lack of energy in the first place, if youā€™re feeling as such.

My qualifications to make such a statement: Ph.D. In Psychology with a major emphasis in health + long-term fitness fan whoā€™s tried multiple powders, potions, pills, & diets. These days, just healthy food 90% of the time across the week (we know what that means ), fasting, + black coffee makes The Magicā„¢ļø happen. ?

Always happy to chat exercise & fitness!

OP
OP
jjm0315

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Why do you feel you need a pre-workout? Might want to look into lifestyle factors that are leading to a lack of energy in the first place, if youā€™re feeling as such.

My qualifications to make such a statement: Ph.D. In Psychology with a major emphasis in health + long-term fitness fan whoā€™s tried multiple powders, potions, pills, & diets. These days, just healthy food 90% of the time across the week (we know what that means ), fasting, + black coffee makes The Magicā„¢ļø happen. ?

Always happy to chat exercise & fitness!
I lead a pretty healthy lifestyle, aside from my caffeine addiction.
I meal prep my breakfasts and lunches weekly, plus peanut butter ā€œprotein ballsā€ for snacks.
Aside from my caffeinated beverages, I drink only water.
Occasional alcohol, but I donā€™t like all the sugar in it. Makes me feel bad.
I donā€™t smoke.
I can not fast. I was diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia a few years ago. I have to have some form of protein about every 3 hours, and keep my carb count low(which is why I started meal prepping)
I havenā€™t been able to master black coffee. I currently sweeten it with a protein drink(my only meal supplement)

I think a lot of mine is mental fatigue that makes me feel I need the pick me up after work. I am a nurse in a clinic setting, but my afternoon is spent calling patients with test results. This means telling several people they have skin cancer on a daily basis. On top of trouble shooting other issues.

Iā€™m a huge fan of doing things the healthy way. Iā€™m not trying to drop a lot of weight quick or anything. Iā€™m actually happy where Iā€™m at, just maintaining and building muscle.
Iā€™m willing to try some supplements in place of caffeine, but Iā€™m not sure what else I can do with my eating habits. Open to suggestions!

Iā€™ve been unhealthy before. Lived on protein shakes and worked out excessively. It was during an unhappy marriage and that was all I could control.
I also had the onset of an eating disorder in middle school.

I also love chatting about health and exercise. So much that Iā€™ve considered going back to school to make it a career.

OP
OP
jjm0315

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Nah not for me or my gym buddy but then again we also workout for 2 hours followed by 10 mins of cardio but we feel the effect start to go away towards the end of the workout. Also sometimes if all I've had to eat the whole day is a banana for lunch I get nauseous ( shocker).
I donā€™t work out that much lol. Closer to an hour. Depends on the day.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I lead a pretty healthy lifestyle, aside from my caffeine addiction.
I meal prep my breakfasts and lunches weekly, plus peanut butter ā€œprotein ballsā€ for snacks.
Aside from my caffeinated beverages, I drink only water.
Occasional alcohol, but I donā€™t like all the sugar in it. Makes me feel bad.
I donā€™t smoke.
I can not fast. I was diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia a few years ago. I have to have some form of protein about every 3 hours, and keep my carb count low(which is why I started meal prepping)
I havenā€™t been able to master black coffee. I currently sweeten it with a protein drink(my only meal supplement)

I think a lot of mine is mental fatigue that makes me feel I need the pick me up after work. I am a nurse in a clinic setting, but my afternoon is spent calling patients with test results. This means telling several people they have skin cancer on a daily basis. On top of trouble shooting other issues.

Iā€™m a huge fan of doing things the healthy way. Iā€™m not trying to drop a lot of weight quick or anything. Iā€™m actually happy where Iā€™m at, just maintaining and building muscle.
Iā€™m willing to try some supplements in place of caffeine, but Iā€™m not sure what else I can do with my eating habits. Open to suggestions!

Iā€™ve been unhealthy before. Lived on protein shakes and worked out excessively. It was during an unhappy marriage and that was all I could control.
I also had the onset of an eating disorder in middle school.

I also love chatting about health and exercise. So much that Iā€™ve considered going back to school to make it a career.
Thanks for doing what you do! ??????

Week-long caffeine fast? Would probably help, but it'd be the longest week of your life, I'm sure.

OP
OP
jjm0315

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Thanks for doing what you do! ??????

Week-long caffeine fast? Would probably help, but it'd be the longest week of your life, I'm sure.
Thank you. Iā€™m no where near as amazing as the nurses in hospitals and stuff, but it still can be draining.

Iā€™m afraid that would land me with some withdrawal headaches.
Iā€™ll start by cutting out the energy drinks, then go from there.
If I could get to just a cup of coffee in the morning, I think thatā€™s reasonable.

Still doesnā€™t fix my need for a boost before I exercise though.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you. Iā€™m no where near as amazing as the nurses in hospitals and stuff, but it still can be draining.

Iā€™m afraid that would land me with some withdrawal headaches.
Iā€™ll start by cutting out the energy drinks, then go from there.
If I could get to just a cup of coffee in the morning, I think thatā€™s reasonable.

Still doesnā€™t fix my need for a boost before I exercise though.
Yeah, 5PM can be rough, especially if we start early in the day. What about an apple beforehand?

OP
OP
jjm0315

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
From the words of famous health practitioner Paul Chek, if you don't think you can improve your performance of your previous workout by 1-3% then you really shouldnā€™t be going into the gym to work out and should be ā€œworking inā€ instead. That means stretching, foam rolling, mediation, low intensity cardio, etc.

Get some quality sleep, let your CNS reset and your cortisol levels go down before trying to workout again. Iā€™m sure you will find preworkout unnecessary.

Not sure if it is an option for you but you should really try to schedule your workout first thing in the morning right after your morning caffeine boost. Not only will the caffeine help fuel your workout, you will also be more consistent with your workouts because you wonā€™t make excuses later in the day to avoid them.

OP
OP
jjm0315

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
From the words of famous health practitioner Paul Chek, if you don't think you can improve your performance of your previous workout by 1-3% then you really shouldnā€™t be going into the gym to work out and should be ā€œworking inā€ instead. That means stretching, foam rolling, mediation, low intensity cardio, etc.

Get some quality sleep, let your CNS reset and your cortisol levels go down before trying to workout again. Iā€™m sure you will find preworkout unnecessary.

Not sure if it is an option for you but you should really try to schedule your workout first thing in the morning right after your morning caffeine boost. Not only will the caffeine help fuel your workout, you will also be more consistent with your workouts because you wonā€™t make excuses later in the day to avoid them.
I sleep great. Unless my anxiety is acting up.

Morning workout isnā€™t an option for me, and I donā€™t have problems with consistency thankfully. Iā€™m pretty disciplined that way.

Appreciate the input though.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
I sleep great. Unless my anxiety is acting up.

Morning workout isnā€™t an option for me, and I donā€™t have problems with consistency thankfully. Iā€™m pretty disciplined that way.

Appreciate the input though.
Since you sound like you are still looking for suggestions on what to try Iā€™ll leave this link for you that provides alternatives to energy drinks/preworkout supplements.

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/supplements-articles/energy-drink-alternatives/

Side note: I know Ben has taken some heat for constantly seeming to be promoting his brand of supplement products and may be a bit too woo woo for some people. I still value his advice when it comes to health and nutrition

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
If you can't do coffee straight, then buy a few Nutpods to give it a little flavor; i usually buy mine from Publix.
Sponsored