mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Stopped at the gas station. Turned my car back on and the instrument cluster stopped working.tach doesn’t move, no fuel gauge, no temps, speedo still works.

my ac also isn’t getting cold
Honda Civic 10th gen Instrument cluster not working A4DCE425-648B-4449-914C-1D5F079721B3
Sponsored

Arashishozen

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI sedan (black)
Country flag
Stopped at the gas station. Turned my car back on and the instrument cluster stopped working.tach doesn’t move, no fuel gauge, no temps, speedo still works.

my ac also isn’t getting cold
A4DCE425-648B-4449-914C-1D5F079721B3.jpeg

You'll need to start pulling codes. Gauges not working will set some. There's so much electronics on these that without a code, it's like shooting in the dark.

OP
OP
naldy

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You'll need to start pulling codes. Gauges not working will set some. There's so much electronics on these that without a code, it's like shooting in the dark.
I turned the car off, went inside for an hour and came back out to it working perfectly fine again. I just checked for any codes right now with my Ktuner and nothing popped up. But it's probably cleared by now anyway

@booost My car is tuned on a Ktuner 21PSI dual basemap. I did a couple highway pulls before getting to the gas station, but nothing crazy and not WOT. Maybe something overheated? Ambient temps were in the 80s

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I turned the car off, went inside for an hour and came back out to it working perfectly fine again. I just checked for any codes right now with my Ktuner and nothing popped up. But it's probably cleared by now anyway

@booost My car is tuned on a Ktuner 21PSI dual basemap. I did a couple highway pulls before getting to the gas station, but nothing crazy and not WOT. Maybe something overheated? Ambient temps were in the 80s
Naw, happened to me before when I recently flashed a tune and for whatever reason it didn't flash correctly. I had to reflash and make sure my internet connection was really strong when I did the reflash. It solved it for me.

Honda Civic 10th gen Instrument cluster not working image0

Arashishozen

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI sedan (black)
Country flag

I haven't used k tuner so I don't know how far it can read for codes. But there should had been some pending codes, even if it's working now. Pending codes are temporary issues that pop up, and permanent codes are issues that are one for 2 drive cycles or more.

I haven't seen any that have over heating issues in the gauges. And we've had ambient Temps over 100 a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
naldy

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Naw, happened to me before when I recently flashed a tune and for whatever reason it didn't flash correctly. I had to reflash and make sure my internet connection was really strong when I did the reflash. It solved it for me.

image0.jpeg
Huh weird, mines been tuned for a few months now, most recently. Maybe I'll try a reflash just to be sure

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
My ex-wife has a 2020 sport hatch bone stock and her cluster did the same thing the other day also no a/c. I told her to exit the car lock it and wait 30 seconds and go back and try again and that fixed it. Not sure the issue but it's 100% not related to anyone tuning their car.

OP
OP
naldy

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My ex-wife has a 2020 sport hatch bone stock and her cluster did the same thing the other day also no a/c. I told her to exit the car lock it and wait 30 seconds and go back and try again and that fixed it. Not sure the issue but it's 100% not related to anyone tuning their car.
That's interesting to hear, I honestly cant find much info on it anywhere

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
That's interesting to hear, I honestly cant find much info on it anywhere
I couldn't find anything on it either. Bringing it in to the dealership at this point wont do anything since it will need to act up on them to diagnose it. Guess wait and see if it happens more or if honda issues a service bulletin on it at some point.
Sponsored