How rare or common to spot a Type R in your general area?

Cartpusher

First Name
Cuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Hey guys I’m just wondering how often or how rare have you seen a Type R on the road since the beginning of its production til now and what color have you observed? For me in my area it’s a suburb of South Jersey and it’s a good amount of people in the general area. I have counted within the last 4 years maybe about 7-10 Type R in between traveling on the road way or knowing people that owned one between the colors of Black, Grey, White, and Red. The only color I haven’t seen is the yellow. How many have you seen and what were their colors?
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Other than 2 of my neighbors both having 2021 CTR’s in boost blue and red, I can go weeks without seeing any on the road. I’m in south Florida palm beach county

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Other than 2 of my neighbors both having 2021 CTR’s in boost blue and red, I can go weeks without seeing any on the road. I’m in south Florida palm beach county
Haha, I am too. I travel to Broward for work and usually another one on my way to work maybe twice a week.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
Haven’t seen another LE yet.
Rarely see them around here, but I need to get out to more meets with the NC Type R group.

I have seen a red, a white, and the original gray (not SGP). It’s been a while since I last saw one in the wild.

OP
OP
Cartpusher

Cartpusher

First Name
Cuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Yeah that’s what I thought. I mean they made a decent amount of them and every time I see one I snap my neck and same goes for SI. But I haven’t seen as much Type Rs. I guess they’re evenly spread through out the states.

Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
I see a few every day. Live in bay area

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
My son has a black 2019.
I have a BBP 2021.
Since 2017 I have seen one red, one other black, and two BBP.
That's it. They are (obviously) not common around NH.

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think there's a SGP that lives relatively close to me so I've seen that a few times. Other than that I may have seen one red and a blue one since 2017.

I'm in the Binghamton, NY area.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Yeah that’s what I thought. I mean they made a decent amount of them and every time I see one I snap my neck and same goes for SI. But I haven’t seen as much Type Rs. I guess they’re evenly spread through out the states.
I see Si’s all the time. I’m actually nervous because we have been getting a lot of them stolen lately. My neighbors was broken into a few days ago. And he parks right in front Of his front door, maybe 15 feet. No alarm. Broke the lock, got in, had 2 cables that looked like obd2 plugs under the steering wheel unplugged. Car had zero power, had to get towed to Honda. Bought a faraday signal blocking pouch right away.

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
I've seen like maybe 4 CTRs in my area since the release of them. NoVa has a tone of Si though lol. I would see this one CW CTR every morning on my way to work and each time I saw it, it motivated me to keep saving up for one.

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ouchy. RIP
I told him to see if hes parting it out. Since he obviously cant drive it.
Stopped traffic and dude smacked the jeep. Lol

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
I live near a Army base so I see them often in addition to that I see STIs, RSs...SS...GTs...the list goes on, all young guys too. That government money sure is nice ?
deployment money and those joes paying 15% interest.
I had to counsel joes over my 20 years doin that dumb shit. Only to get the car repoed 6 months later.

I have seen 8 in total now. Most were black and white. One bbp, my sgp and one aegean blue.
Sponsored