Amazing what just a 10 degree drop in temp can do.

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
We've finally had a few nights of <100 degree temps. Its also been a little dryer. Its crazy what just a 10 degree drop does to these cars. Feels totally different in regards to power.Cant wait to get a K-Tuner and really see what she can do. But right now I have to be an adult and pay bills and stuff. :(
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Priorities in order...

# 1. Get a KTuner

#2. Upload a tune

#3. Drive your car and go WOT

#4. Laugh uncontrollably

#5. Pay bills.

NukeKS14

First Name
A.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 1995 240sx, '65 Cobra Repl.
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
We've finally had a few nights of <100 degree temps. Its also been a little dryer. Its crazy what just a 10 degree drop does to these cars. Feels totally different in regards to power.Cant wait to get a K-Tuner and really see what she can do. But right now I have to be an adult and pay bills and stuff. :(
I'll be selling my 1.2 if you were interested

OP
OP
Velonici

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I forgot the gas mileage as well. I was wondering how some of you guys were getting 35+mpg. Best I could do was 32 and that was driving it like an old lady. 95 degree temps and I hit 38 on the same route with a little bit of spirited driving.

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I forgot the gas mileage as well. I was wondering how some of you guys were getting 35+mpg. Best I could do was 32 and that was driving it like an old lady. 95 degree temps and I hit 38 on the same route with a little bit of spirited driving.
Hmm are you a lead foot at red lights when they turn green?

OP
OP
Velonici

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmm are you a lead foot at red lights when they turn green?
The highway out here just goes up and down a lot. But like I said, the same route just different temps and it makes a big difference it seems. I just throw on the ACC set at 75 so Im guessing it doesnt have to give it as much throttle to get up the hills/bridges. Its seems pretty consistent as well. So it wasnt a one off thing.

NukeKS14

First Name
A.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 1995 240sx, '65 Cobra Repl.
Country flag
The highway out here just goes up and down a lot. But like I said, the same route just different temps and it makes a big difference it seems. I just throw on the ACC set at 75 so Im guessing it doesnt have to give it as much throttle to get up the hills/bridges. Its seems pretty consistent as well. So it wasnt a one off thing.
I manage between 37-40 mpg calculated at fill-ups. I had to take a different route to work over the past 2 weeks due to road construction and I noticed my fuel mileage went down to mid 36s. The MAJOR contributor, I think, is the speed difference. On my normal route to work, I get off of a 75mph freeway and take a back road at ~60mph the rest of the way to work. On my 2-week detour, I was taking the freeway another 10 miles and the main highway I was exiting onto was about 70mph most of the rest of my drive. I only made it to work a couple of minutes faster but it really impacted my fuel mileage. Today I was able to take my usual route again and made it to 39.5 mpg on the drive in. If you can stand to go down to 65mph you'd probably see another improvement.

Another thing I found that helped improve my mileage was to oscillate slightly on speed when I'm on the freeway. I don't really use the cruise control anymore and when I get to hilly sections, I'll accelerate a couple mph down the hill and let it carry me up the next one, where I'll usually wind up a couple mph lower than my desired speed. I have the liberty of traveling in midwestern KS where there isn't hardly any traffic in the morning. That probably wouldn't work out too well in a busy city.

There are several hyper mileage tips out there, some I'm not entirely willing to do, but I'm pretty content if I can keep it around 40mpg on my work commute.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cruise control is your friend. The more I use it the better mileage I get.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
As many perks as it has, adulting can suck! Been trudging through adulthood for almost 40 years.

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow insane, I was just talking with a friend about how much better the car felt in the morning when temps were at 60-65F.

I feel like there is a significant increase in power but was wondering if it was just my butt dyno telling me that.

Anyone know if there is any truth to a 30F delta and if there is a significant increase in power?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow insane, I was just talking with a friend about how much better the car felt in the morning when temps were at 60-65F.

I feel like there is a significant increase in power but was wondering if it was just my butt dyno telling me that.

Anyone know if there is any truth to a 30F delta and if there is a significant increase in power?
Think of it this way. Colder air is denser in oxygen and basically the turbo doesn't need to work as hard to build boost. My favorite time to drive my car aggressively is on a nice 50 degree early fall morning. The roads are empty and my car is a rocket!
Sponsored