First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
not $30k... being optimistic I think it could start as low as $33k but my gut tells me it will be right under $35k
I agree, I figure with any options it will top out at 41k at the most.

I've been saying, if it goes north of 40K there are just too many cars that can give some luxury without compromising the fun.
Sponsored

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Don't hate me for this but I'm really not feeling the "over-the top" rear of the hatch or the Type R. If the R is priced somewhere between 30k-35k then I might trade my Touring Sedan for it. But if its 35k-40k then I'll just get an Audi. And if I do get the R, I'll have to do something about those wing(s) back there..

But this looks awesome. Gives me an idea of what color to wrap my sedan in.

roner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Is anyone know why the type r's seat are not ready? Those seat seems like a regular seat but not a sport seat

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I wish someone would take a pic underneath the car from the back to see if there's a rear differential.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Well the back seat area is more akin to the seat area in the coupe than the sedan due to the shorter rear overhang/cargo area. As someone else stated, they might have had the front seats pushed all the way back and reclined slightly for taking better interior pictures.

Having looked at probably every small car on the market in the civic's class even the coupe rear seat area is larger than most. Something i've noticed among the ford, chevy, toyotas is the lack of rear seat space, even in 4 door sedans. The only back seats i've seen bigger/comparable have come from hyundai/kia.
I sat in the back seat of a hatchback today, I'm 6'3" with front seat adjusted for me. I have to splay my legs around the front seat - i'd say it loses an inch to the sedan, but still better than a Mazda 3. Has more headroom than the sedan, my head no longer touches the ceiling in the back seat.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now I'm hoping that the CTR will come with an auto transmission option. (Don't judge me)
That's destroying the purpose of the Type R though. It's like hey let's make a fuel efficient car and then dropping in a monster V8 engine.

mhwkr01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic LX sedan ASM, 2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan BNP
The number of times we've been shafted by getting decontented Civics in the US vs. Canada and Europe. It's like feature # 11 that we're not getting.
That makes sense. I'm sure once it becomes mainstream in Europe we would be able to order that part for our own cars.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is anyone know why the type r's seat are not ready? Those seat seems like a regular seat but not a sport seat
where you are seeing the interior?
I can't make out anything about the seats from these pictures.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag