Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2017 Range Rover HSE
Country flag
As I started my search for a type r. I found most dealers in my area of nj have 1 or 2 available. So I thought “Hey this isn’t hard to find”. The. I began calling and emailing. Every one of them are asking 10 k over sticker. Lol. I do want one and I would pay sticker. so I say you can find them pretty easy but finding them at a reasonable price is the hard part. I don’t want it bad enough to pay over sticker. So if anyone sees on at sticker please post here.
Sponsored

Deleted member 51112

Not crazy, really greedy....problem is lots of fools are paying these stupid prices, so I'd blame the idiots more than the stealerships. The last boost blue in my area sold for 5k over MSRP. I'm gonna laugh when the market craters in a year or two because just like gravity, what goes up must come down.

OP
OP
Gabbman

Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree I won’t pay it. i Think of all the incredible mods I could do with that 10 k. I laughed as he told me “no dealer will sell to me for sticker”. I replied than I won’t buy it.

OP
OP
Gabbman

Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We have 4 used in the area that I know of right now, all marked at about 39-40k, one 2017 with 49k miles on it too that reeks of cigarettes.
They did offer me a 2018 used with 1500 miles for 38k. Super clean car but I wasn’t interested

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
ciocca harrisburg pa, had 2 for 40k.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Back in April, it took me seriously well over 65 dealers all the way up the east coast to finally find three that were willing to do MSRP, or close to it. I gave a friend of mine the CW R I found at MSRP and he scooped it up that weekend. I wanted SGP or BB, so it was a little trickier. Ended up finding a dealer that was willing to do $2k over MSRP, but I countered at $1k over and we agreed. Right now is even worse with the market the way it is and the last R's arriving or already at dealers. I wish it was like Canada and it was illegal to sell over MSRP, but oh well... GL!

They did offer me a 2018 used with 1500 miles for 38k. Super clean car but I wasn’t interested
For example, the original MSRP of the 2018 R was only $35k, so it me it doesn't make sense to pay over for a used one. I would rather much pay a smidge more for current MSRP or close to it, to have a 3 year newer. It will help will value in the long run, and it has all the added upgrades and improvements too. But maybe that's just me.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
As I started my search for a type r. I found most dealers in my area of nj have 1 or 2 available. So I thought “Hey this isn’t hard to find”. The. I began calling and emailing. Every one of them are asking 10 k over sticker. Lol. I do want one and I would pay sticker. so I say you can find them pretty easy but finding them at a reasonable price is the hard part. I don’t want it bad enough to pay over sticker. So if anyone sees on at sticker please post here.
There are sticky threads on this topic. Lots of good info.

Not crazy, really greedy....problem is lots of fools are paying these stupid prices, so I'd blame the idiots more than the stealerships. The last boost blue in my area sold for 5k over MSRP. I'm gonna laugh when the market craters in a year or two because just like gravity, what goes up must come down.
Yet this has been going on for 4+ years…

OP
OP
Gabbman

Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am looking for a cw so it’s pretty common to find. I have found at least 12 so far. Just gotta get a dealer willing to do business

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
It's not a willing to do business thing - it's supply and demand and the realization the next model may be stupid ugly so get the cool one while you can. I think you can find 'acceptable' over amounts and still get one, but MSRP is not happening at this moment esp with the run being completed and 2021 the last year for the FK8.

sguler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
my brother is looking for a new car in NJ area as well. He was interested in new Elantra N line and dealers were asking %15 of the sticker price as a markup. then he found one dealer in Queens and they were not charging mark up. I guess the best way to do it is calling dealers in the neighboring states or county. because of the Chip crises, it is gonna get worse, because there aren't many cars available. even very regular base models have mark ups on the pricing. if your need is not urgent I would say postpone your purchase plan.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
In addition to the unfortunately all too common markup on the CTR, every car is in short supply now. The car shortage has been the subject of a lot of press, and it has driven up the prices on everything from trucks to minivans as well as cool cars.

OP
OP
Gabbman

Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In addition to the unfortunately all too common markup on the CTR, every car is in short supply now. The car shortage has been the subject of a lot of press, and it has driven up the prices on everything from trucks to minivans as well as cool cars.
Yes. I purchased a 21 hrv for my daughter a month ago. Had to go to ny to get a fair deal. And they had a yellow type r. 10k over list. They said someone from Puerto Rico bought it. I said if you get a white one at list I’ll take it. They all laughed ?

niknatar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 1999 Mazda Miata
Country flag
I traded in my 2019 with 4k miles to a dealer for $41k, and they sold it for $46k. Granted, it was basically in perfect condition, but the market is absolutely insane.

You can find dealers selling at MSRP out there, just have to call around. I placed a deposit on an MSRP CW 21 with a different dealership, but who knows if they'll get another Type R. I'd try focusing on dealers in the midwest and maybe the northeast.

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
. I wish it was like Canada and it was illegal to sell over MSRP, but oh well... GL!

I don't know why people keep repeating this. It certainly is not the case. Not in Quebec, anyways...

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
I always feel bad looking at these threads the last few months and really hate to say it like this. You aren't getting a Type-R at sticker, period. What's at dealers are it for stock, they aren't being made anymore, the dealers know this and I can't blame em one bit. Supply and demand. You're paying msrp plus markup or you're not getting a new Type-R. It's that simple.

Used market, it doesn't matter the year, you're going to be paying msrp pricing for a 2021 plus some for an unmodified, low mileage and clean Type-R.

Accept these conditions, you'll be wheeling a Type-R. Don't accept them and you're not going to be wheeling a Type-R.

/thread
Sponsored