CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
LOL what? youre talking out of your ass my friend.....
you know what you are correct I was mistaken I looked at a sales chart this year vs last year. Car sales have definitely gone up in this uncertain economy???
Amazing...

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
you know what you are correct I was mistaken I looked at a sales chart this year vs last year. Car sales have definitely gone up in this uncertain economy???
Amazing...
I don't get it to be honest - I understand if you NEED a car but people are buying cars like if things have flipped where it's a buyer's market and it's not. Where I live - it seems like we see 'brand new/new to me' cars all over the place and I just think - with the inflation increasing, uncertainty about the economy and people are still buying cars. Again - each to their own - but man, right now I would just hold - but then again - it's different for everyone as far as their job situation etc.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Low interest rates on loans are incentivizing people to buy. If they can work out the monthly payments to a workable amount, people care less about the end price. Especially if they aren't holding onto the car for long, but if they finance and try to trade it in 3-4 years from now they might be under water depending on how hard the car market corrects.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I don't get it to be honest - I understand if you NEED a car but people are buying cars like if things have flipped where it's a buyer's market and it's not. Where I live - it seems like we see 'brand new/new to me' cars all over the place and I just think - with the inflation increasing, uncertainty about the economy and people are still buying cars. Again - each to their own - but man, right now I would just hold - but then again - it's different for everyone as far as their job situation etc.
There is more value in the average new car than used. Plus, with inflation, you are buying now at a discount to the future price and converting your money (which will be worth less in the future) to a hard asset. Low interest rates makes this even more desirable as the buyer pays the loan with future funds which are worth less.

Of course, there is an assumption of need...

Fenrir07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda 3
Country flag
Was contacted by a nearby dealer that they were receiving a championship white Type R and they would sell it to me for MSRP. Thought I'd lucked out since I'd given up at this point. They sent me some finance figures. I asked for the final price just to confirm it and was told they'd be selling it for above MSRP. Going to tell them MSRP or nothing and see what they say.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
There is more value in the average new car than used. Plus, with inflation, you are buying now at a discount to the future price and converting your money (which will be worth less in the future) to a hard asset. Low interest rates makes this even more desirable as the buyer pays the loan with future funds which are worth less.

Of course, there is an assumption of need...
I get it - if inflation is going to hit - then the prices now are supposed to be better than in the future. My question is ‘is the chip shortage throwing that off where people are paying inflated prices due to inflation but teh chip shortage is also driving that. I just feel that the average consumer needs to think it through bc if inflation hits hard, the GOVT raises interest rates to balance it out and then businesses slow down bc of the cost of borrowing money - I just think I would rather have money in investments and maybe some cash on teh side for if things go sideways. Just my .02 and of course peeps do what they want :)

Granted I didn’t graduate with an economics degree - so i could be completely wrong (which I’m sure there will be several people who will correct me) ;)

Last edited:

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Low interest rates on loans are incentivizing people to buy. If they can work out the monthly payments to a workable amount, people care less about the end price. Especially if they aren't holding onto the car for long, but if they finance and try to trade it in 3-4 years from now they might be under water depending on how hard the car market corrects.
Yep, interest rates drive people to act in a certain way. This is the reason why governments shouldn't be in the business of setting the price of money. Anyone remember the housing bubble? Natural interest rates should be much much higher right now, but our leaders can't let it float since we wouldn't be able to pay even the interest on the national debt, and people would scream if they couldn't buy shit they couldn't really afford lol.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Factory must have released another batch not too long ago because I went from seeing almost nothing these past few weeks/months to a bunch in transit here in MA now.

A few of the dealerships I know sold Rs at MSRP (excluding LEs) have a few coming in too. I think the colors on those MSRP dealer cars were BB, RR, and SG.....saw quite a few CWs in transit too but not familiar with those dealers.

Not sure if the car crazyness got to those MSRP dealers too but they were definitely zero ADM for the longest time when I was looking for myself and others. Good chance at a new one for MSRP even in this market for anyone interested and willing to make a bunch of phone calls.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
If I am not mistaken, one of the members here had a "In Transit" list available somehow. I am not sure how it was obtained but if looking for specific areas you can go to automobiles.honda.com and put in the zip code for models in stock or in transit.

Hacklespur

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Bill Marine Honda in Springfield, OH has a BB Type R going for about $44k. They installed some hatch options (protectors, net, applique) so this one is about $5k ADM unfortunately.

Outside of the price, this dealership was great to work with. Ask for Tamara if you're interested (tell them Ryan sent you).

shreddy100896

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Country flag
Jeffrey Honda in Roseville, Michigan, has a white CTR at $41k. I'm pretty sure if you negotiate a bit, you can get it closer to sticker.

Here's the number to the guy I was talking to. Tell him Mike sent you. 248-223-8257

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma

Burt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic LX, 1992 Mazda Miata
Country flag
I don't know if they've been covered in this thread or not, but Lester Raines Honda in South Charleston, WV sells for MSRP. My wife and I bought a manual sport hatch from them three years ago, and I asked the salesman if the CTR on display had a bump sticker or not. He looked at me like he didn't know what I was talking about. Fast forward to this past Friday, and after every other dealer within about a 4 hour drive had 5-10K over sticker on any Rs in stock, Lester Raines got an unexpected Sonic Grey Pearl R on the delivery truck. My wife and I brought it home ~3 hours after I first heard about it. Great experience as always.

migm_92@

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FA5
Country flag
Any luck?
So after what feels like, years!! I put a deposit on a SGP for msrp!

But now the wife is asking me to look into an accord sport 2.0t with a manual??‍♂ Does anyone have any experience with both? Which would you say is better? I have 2 children, a 5 year old and a 2 year old. Any help is appreciated!! Just sucks that she pulled that on me when I placed a deposit on a Type R. Luckily it’s still in transit so I still have some time to decide.
Sponsored