2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos

whudgens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Civic, 1995 Civic,
Tbh I think we've just seen too many pictures of the Sport Touring and all it's hyped up features, and now that you see an EX model with small wheels, halogen lights, no exhaust tips, it looks underwhelming. Remember, the Sport Touring was marketed to be more premium than the sedan and it is, but are the EX/base models as impressive? No obviously
Yes.. I would love to see any EX-(L) , too :)

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
This is one of those cars where you buy the best/top of the line model or nothing. It really is ugly in that trim

2JZ-CJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si Sedan Crystal Black Pearl
Someone please snap a picture of polished metal if you see one! Tough choice between that and aegean blue for me.

Soldat1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback, 2008 Honda Fit Sport
At this point (having not seen one in person) it's a tough choice between black, red, and white. I would really like to see the polished metal metallic, but I think that could also be a contender. As stated before, something just looks off with the aegean blue to me. And at least in the photos, not liking the sonic grey pearl at all.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice pics everyone!!! My dealership says I should have a black/black EXL-Navi in from the 23-27... Seeing as these are hitting lots, I may have it in tomorrow when I get to work... hopefully it is there... I wanna check out the hatch pretty badly since the CTR will be based on it and that is my next car...

209Bodian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic Si
Yea, I'm having a hard time making up my mind. I'm so ready to pull the trigger on one of these EX models, although I could wait a month and get a Sport w/CVT, which my local dealer says is currently being built. The downside to the Sport, is obviously the lack of features, the biggest one for me being, no sunroof. I can live without the other stuff. Additionally, in case some hadn't heard, Honda recommends premium gas for the Sport trims. The bigger wheels, awesome rims, underbody kit, center exhaust (which sounds awesome btw), leather wrapped steering wheel are what's drawing me in. The paddle shifters should be fun too. According to my local dealer, the manual Sport models will be pretty hard to come by, and there aren't currently any in production for my state (Texas). With that said, there is still the thought in the back of my mind about the possibility of an Si hatch. Just today, a guy claiming to work for Honda Parts, who commented on Honda Pro Jason's FB post, claimed to "KNOW there will be an Si hatch, as well as Type R." I'd be pretty bummed if I prematurely pulled the trigger, only to later find out there will indeed be an Si hatch.
Just from what you said, I would wait. Do you have to buy a new car ASAP?

xcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Flat grey paint, a lot of manufacturers are doing it.
The rear is inconsistent with the front, similar to the WRX hatch.
What happened to the ridiculous exhaust?

Last edited:

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone buys a hatchback with the EX-T/EX-L style wheels (but more gunmetal than my EX-L Sedan's) and wants to swap straight up - let me know. I much prefer the darker wheels for my WOP.
Sponsored