Civic 2016 Touch Screen Not Working

otaknap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016, RDX 2008
Country flag
I have a Civic 2016 that's past the warranty period. My touchscreen stopped working and I'm not sure how to fix it.

The screen turns on (sometimes flickers) but I can't touch the screen nor does the side panel work. I tried holding the Power Button for 10 seconds or more but nothing happens.

I suspect it has something to do with my wife's phone that was connected via USB. Does anyone know what the ST in the display means? I've never seen it on there before. My next step was to try unplugging the battery or opening and closing the fuse. Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic 2016 Touch Screen Not Working IMG_20210730_182211
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Try removing fuses 19 and 20 from under the hood for 5 minutes to hard reboot the head unit.
No. Start with a hard reset by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Then start yanking fuses if that doesnt work.

OP
OP

otaknap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016, RDX 2008
Country flag
Thanks I'll try those fuses tomorrow. For some reason I thought I had to remove the accessory fuse under the steering wheel.

I already tried holding the power button for 20 plus seconds and nothing happened.

Any idea what the ST means though?

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My 2016 cvt coupes touch screen was sorta wonky. Would click like im tapping in it. And always when i was far away and using my gps

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought the ST stood for stereo.

OP
OP

otaknap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016, RDX 2008
Country flag
I thought the ST stood for stereo.
Ah didn't think about that. I don't ever recall seeing it before. When my phone is connected via bluetooth, it shows ST TXT which is why I didnt think that it stood for stereo.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Ah didn't think about that. I don't ever recall seeing it before. When my phone is connected via bluetooth, it shows ST TXT which is why I didnt think that it stood for stereo.
There's a bunch of codes on the screen that I don't know what they mean. I couldn't find them documented anywhere. But I think each one is separate, not related to the one next to it.

Fasha

First Name
Fasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2015
To hard reboot the head unit, remove fuses 19 and 20 from under the hood for 5 minutes.

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try removing fuses 19 and 20 from under the hood for 5 minutes to hard reboot the head unit.
Thanks for this! My screen was working fine till today morning when it stayed off despite trying the trusty 'turning the car off/on' technique. Even the touch controls weren't lighting up, nore was there any power to the usb port that is for android auto.
Was pretty sure it had to be a blown fuse but gave this a go and it works fine now!
Sponsored