What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

moistener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Replaced my Eibach Pro-Kit springs with Tein Flex Z coilovers as I wanted to improve handling, and have adjustable camber and ride height. I was hesitant when ordering these coilovers as I used to have a set of D2 Racing coilovers and they were terrible for daily driving (typical Taiwanese-made, super stiff, useless dampening settings, etc.). However, I'm thrilled with how these coilovers ride and perform. Looking back, I should have just purchased the Tein Flex Z's from the start.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) DSC04826-Edit
Sponsored

FunkMasta

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Added a few accessories:
  • Anti-glare Convex side mirrors
  • Gloss Black Mugen style side mirror caps
  • Gloss black door handle covers
  • Rallye Red Lower Door Garnish to cover a deep scratch
  • Downforce top wing spoiler from Primitive Performance

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210717_152038

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Screenshot_20210720-153026_Photo Editor

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210630_110610

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210506_110216

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic touring, 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine came with Continental TX’s. I looked at Continental’s website and it said the DWS 06’s fit but not the DWS 06+’s. Is there a difference?
Not size wise or anything to do with fitment, they just changed the compound to make it a bit better, you’ll be good to go

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Finally got around to taking some pictures after new brake setup.
(HFP Cross Drilled Rotors + Endless Super Street M-Sport Pads)
This concludes my build. Saving up for the new BRZ/GR86 :drool:

HFP FK7 (11).jpeg

HFP FK7 (13).jpeg

HFP FK7 (14).jpeg

HFP FK7 (16).jpeg
Is there a part number for the rotors?

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed these nice bright LEDs tonight. The beginning pictures show the older lights on the left side and the brighter ones on the right. Brake lights and reverse lights are now brighter. Brake lights noticeably brighter but not blinding bright and reverse lights are significantly brighter, almost blinding bright like headlights. Brake lights are the Diode Dynamics HP11 while the Reverse lights are the TypeRLEDs Signature Reverse LED-X.

CivicLED0.jpg

CivicLED1.png

CivicLED2.png

CivicLED3.png

CivicLED4.png

CivicLED5.png

CivicLED6.png
Where did you get that break bar on the spoiler?

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally got to install my suspension parts. Today was the BC-BR coilovers, Skunk2 rear camber kit, and I replaced the Accord end links I bought when I installed my Whiteline RSB with adjustable Whiteline end links. Overall drop of 2" based on door handle method. Loving the handling those coils give it! Plus I got the swift springs so you feel almost no difference. When I first installed, front was nearly 1" taller than the rear, so I adjusted it down (jealous much, spring folks? LOL) ;)

I know people will ask/wonder, so my BC setup is:

15 dampening front and rear (no reason to change so far)
Swiftsprings
6K load Front, 5K load rear (BC default)
Standard height (not ultra low)
I can see where I need the rear camber aligned, but it caused no noticeable difference for toe or caster. Still drives a straight line!

I also removed the 20mm spacers I had on there so I wouldn't have to worry about rubbing (which it would have)

Before and after:

1.jpg

1.jpg
Looks great!

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
I didn't do this today but I'm hoping to get the time to install them today instead. These are just the usual reflector LEDs everyone uses but I really don't like the idea of hardwiring into the taillights since it'll make it more difficult to remove the bumper in future.

Instead I made a little harness that will be hardwired to the taillight and it has a 4 pin Deutsche connector on it. The LED in the bumper has the corresponding plug so it's quick and easy to remove while also keeping that factory harness appearance. Some plastic sleeve and tape will go on once everything is soldered in too, so the wire colours won't be visible. ?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Screenshot_20210721-082509

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nope this was never the case. Only the Sport Touring hatchbacks and Touring sedans have them.
wait, so Touring sedan has FULL LED taillights (turn signals, reverse, brake etc)?? can they be retrofitted in LX and upper trims?
Sponsored