First Name
ZT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk2 type R
Country flag
Hi guys, hope you are all well,
My car recently developed a sort of knocking noise near the crank area, which i have been told it might be a rod knock at its very early stage.

Some back ground information:
The car is a 2015 fk2 With 49k on the clock.
The noise, starts about 1k miles ago and hasn’t got any worse as far as i can tell.

1. It only makes the noise after the car warms up and appear the loudest between 1.7k rpm to around 2.8k rpm When reving at idle.
2. and, to make the noise louder, if I start to accelerate the car on 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, and hold the rev or increase the rev at above rpm, i get the same ish rattle noise but louder.
3. he noise also disappear if I press the accelerator harder.
4. It doesn’t make any noise before the car reaches operating temperature, also doesn’t make any noise on idle warm or cold.

what does it sounds like to you guys? My thoughts are
1. Pulley noise
2. Chain noise
3. Bottom end noise

Any input is appreciated.
Here is a video of the noise
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Sorry buddy, this is the 10th gen 2016-2021 forum. Some of us may be able to give you some guidance but probably isn't the best spot.

OP
OP

ttony1314

First Name
ZT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk2 type R
Country flag
Sorry buddy, this is the 10th gen 2016-2021 forum. Some of us may be able to give you some guidance but probably isn't the best spot.
thanks,but hence they have the same engine, i thought somebody should have some info on them.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
thanks,but hence they have the same engine, i thought somebody should have some info on them.
I'd suggest posting this question on the main/general CTR forum. And maybe mention that the engines are the same - which, honestly, I wasn't aware of (although I am not particularly well-versed in CTR history).

FYI, this "General Automotive" forum is one of the lesser-traveled subforums. A moment ago, 4 people were viewing this forum, while 263 were looking at the main CTR page. Point is, if there are any civicx-ers who can help, they'll be more likely to see your thread over there.
Sponsored