Ji Librando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Oldsmobile Achieva
hory fuck man I never realized how ugly that ILX front end is tho lol. Well at least thats my opinion. :O

Backstrom

Threads
Reaction score
A lot of these picture sets look staged by Honda. Which makes the choice of ILX front end even more curious, I guess they are having some fun with the media.

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
Missed this thread before so whats the consensus -- this is the 5 door hatchback but with an ILX front end for camouflage purposes?

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Missed this thread before so whats the consensus -- this is the 5 door hatchback but with an ILX front end for camouflage purposes?
It's definitely an ILX front end, but I'm not so sure it's the 5 door hatch. Some places are saying it is a different 'fastback' model.

Gili Greg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Just like Toyburu pictured above, this is simply a mule and the body nothing to do with the final production car

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
Hopefully in the coming months more and more photos will reveal the final production model. Im excited!!
I think we can expect a similar front to the already revealed coupe and sedan. What i'm most curious to see is the rear design - the hatch part. That'll really determine how good it looks.

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
What I'd like is them to take the new Type R and work off of that. Understanding it won't be as aggressive and won't have all the cool aero bits, but that is a fine looking piece of machinery and if it aint broke....

Miguel

Threads
Reaction score
Are they really going to keep the ILX costume on until they finally reveal it? I was hoping to get a real glimpse of the car. It seems silly to wrap it up in ILX skin when the patent drawings are out and the Concept more or less showed what the front end will look like.
If Honda wants to build up interest they'll probably do the whole prototype camouflage strip tease thing and reveal bits and pieces at a time.

Hoodedrat86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crz
The recent article that was just leaked showing the different models and engine options says its a 5 door touring civic....... Im like 90% sure its not hatchback like the ones before cuz if it was itll b just like the type r just without all exterior styling and on honda.com they mention every car thats coming out this fall and never did they mention a hatchback they just said 5 door its gonna fall into the category of the crosstour basically

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
The Crosstour is likely the least liked Honda of all time. To think they might consider a Civic version would just show that there are still clueless idiots employed at Honda

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
The Crosstour is likely the least liked Honda of all time. To think they might consider a Civic version would just show that there are still clueless idiots employed at Honda
I don't know that I'd go as far as saying it's the least-liked, but it definitely didn't sell well. Honda's IMA products were/are (CR-Z) pretty disliked as well. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just can't see them doing a crosstour esque civic hatch... it doesn't make sense for the European and japanese markets where traditional hatches sell like hotcakes. People there want the most usable space possible, and honda can do that, the HRV and Fit are perfect examples of honda's dedication to small cars with cavernous interior storage. It makes way more sense that they continue with the split rear window design of the current euro hatch (and the previous euro hatch) or do away with it and do an even more traditional hatch rear like the fit, golf, mazda3, etc. I don't see them doing what essentially amounts to a liftback sedan if it doesn't offer any more storage space than a tradition sedan...
Sponsored