Want to buy Axxess AX-DSP-HON2 T-harness

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wanted to see if anyone has one for sale that they might not need anymore. They’re discontinued now and impossible to find. If you have one laying oround, I’ll gladly buy it from you :)
Sponsored

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
Just wanted to see if anyone has one for sale that they might not need anymore. They’re discontinued now and impossible to find. If you have one laying oround, I’ll gladly buy it from you :)
I just got one here:
https://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/ax-dsp-hon2.html

They seem to be the only place with it in stock at a reasonable cost.

Seeing as we both have 2020 Sport HBs, do you know if this is the proper harness since it seems like it’s the only trim with this configuration (7” touchscreen and all the Honda Sensing stuff but no premium audio)? Or is there another Honda model with a similar config where its Metra harnesses will work on a Civic?

OP
OP
bay_hatch

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got one here:
https://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/ax-dsp-hon2.html

They seem to be the only place with it in stock at a reasonable cost.

Seeing as we both have 2020 Sport HBs, do you know if this is the proper harness since it seems like it’s the only trim with this configuration (7” touchscreen and all the Honda Sensing stuff but no premium audio)? Or is there another Honda model with a similar config where its Metra harnesses will work on a Civic?
I ended up buying a premade extension harness off ebay for $16

https://www.ebay.com/itm/24Pin-Full...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This worked for my needs of tapping to get a signal without splicing into the factory harness

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag

https://www.ebay.com/itm/24Pin-Full-Pins-Wire-Harness-For-Honda-Accord-Aux-CD-Changer-Navigation-15CM/124236161861?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This worked for my needs of tapping to get a signal without splicing into the factory harness
So this lets you get into the speaker wire leads (by snipping and tapping) to insert an amp or signal processor without any effect on Nav or the interface?

OP
OP
bay_hatch

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So this lets you get into the speaker wire leads (by snipping and tapping) to insert an amp or signal processor without any effect on Nav or the interface?
Yup exactly. It just extends your factory harness to the radio.

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll be picking one of these up, now to get some labels made and a wiring diagram to be found

kundu

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag

https://www.ebay.com/itm/24Pin-Full-Pins-Wire-Harness-For-Honda-Accord-Aux-CD-Changer-Navigation-15CM/124236161861?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Wow! Where was this a year ago?! I literally bought a HON2 just to tear it apart and make this exact extension cable. Buying this one from eBay would have saved me so much time and money. Dang! Great find.

OP
OP
bay_hatch

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow! Where was this a year ago?! I literally bought a HON2 just to tear it apart and make this exact extension cable. Buying this one from eBay would have saved me so much time and money. Dang! Great find.
I'll have to say I went crazy trying to find an alternative solution to the HON2 harness since it was sold out everywhere. I even tried to create my own harness from two Metra pieces and ended up blowing my radio fuse. Alternatively, aliexpress has a good amount of harnesses similar to the HON2.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the one thing i will mention about this Ebay piece, in my experience, the clip that holds it into the radio, is not strong enough to bend properly, and pressing down on the release clip just bends the clip, not enough to detach it from the radio, so you may need to get a screwdriver in there to pry it down - i don't have any pictures of it but it was enough to make my finger bleed and me asking for assistance from a family member during the process of trying to figure out what was wrong.

Here was my Harness i made, color coded for my own recognition - not color coded to vehicle colors. I definately measured and marked the cables 5 times and cut once on the brown cable just to make absolutely sure. But these wires ran to my high low output converter which sits on my Airbag module in front of the shifter - The little box with the 2 Neon Yellow plugs in it. - perfect spot for it to be held in place with some velcro
Honda Civic 10th gen Want to buy Axxess AX-DSP-HON2 T-harness PXL_20210521_194711504

Honda Civic 10th gen Want to buy Axxess AX-DSP-HON2 T-harness PXL_20210521_212653611