Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

The Hornet

First Name
Joy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda civic Type R Limited Edition
Country flag
I guess I can't believe my luck. Was negotiating with a local dealer who had an ADM of $25,000 and happened to get a call from another local dealer. Got the Limited Edition for $55,000 at Sussman honda in Roslyn. I truly wonder if they knew what they had. It wasn't even roped off.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I guess I can't believe my luck. Was negotiating with a local dealer who had an ADM of $25,000 and happened to get a call from another local dealer. Got the Limited Edition for $55,000 at Sussman honda in Roslyn. I truly wonder if they knew what they had. It wasn't even roped off.
Congrats! What badge did you get?

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R 2020 Toyota Supra
Country flag
At this point I’d say yes you got lucky considering dealerships are asking crazy markups now . I was asked for a 5k markup for an LE and I said no. If I knew I would have taken that deal.
Enjoy the new ride .

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Add Victory Honda in San Bruno Ca
I went there to see if they had a regular Type R and the sales rep was nice enough to help me look for one .but they didn’t have it , they would have let me order it in their system but I was hesitant so I told them to call me when they had one in stock because they didn’t have the color I wanted .
So as I was leaving he introduces me to his manager and he was like we’re not getting the car you have to order it and we bring it here , since we have many dealerships all across the US, he also told me, just so you know there’s a 10k markup on it . I was like yup I’m not paying ADM , and he was like a lil beatch. He was like yeah , good luck with that . I walked out and didn’t look back ...

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
If you paid any ADM even on an LE, you didn't get a good deal. Try to sell it when the car market cools a bit if you don't believe me.

I know of at least one dealer here in the northeast who was willing to sell me an LE at MSRP. Others have gotten theirs at sticker too.

Stop calling marked up cars a good deal.....

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you paid any ADM even on an LE, you didn't get a good deal. Try to sell it when the car market cools a bit if you don't believe me.

I know of at least one dealer here in the northeast who was willing to sell me an LE at MSRP. Others have gotten theirs at sticker too.

Stop calling marked up cars a good deal.....
I think the price will be the same regardless ...... it’s not gonna change wether you paid an ADM or not...Even 2017’s are selling above msrp still ...
Whoever got their cars at msrp . Good for them .
I wish I did

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I think the price will be the same regardless ...... it’s not gonna change wether you paid an ADM or not...Even 2017’s are selling above msrp still ...
Whoever got their cars at msrp . Good for them .
I wish I did
This is the case for almost anything right now. Low supply + car fever = way inflated prices. When things cool off, no one will recover any ADM on these cars unless it's way down the road (similar to S2Ks and ITRs)......at which point, with inflation, they still lost money.

Even MSRP isn't a "good" deal....its retail price. I talked to a kid at a local cars and coffee who bought his right at the start of covid for $31K OTD with like 8K miles on it. That's a pretty good deal and prices will get back there again as the only factor that has changed from then to now is covid.

No knock on anyone who paid ADM, I've also paid doormen just to cut the line and it was worth every dollar to me. But its delusional to think that amidst this car crazyness, a marked up car is a good deal just cuz it sells right now.
Sponsored