What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Nexus713

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport (Sedan)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
sides too, this is the HFP kit for the sedan, you can get it installed at your local dealership if you want.
Thanks! I was checking HFP kit there and it’s expensive ? I mean i get guarantee that it will fit my model, color etc and quality should be decent as well, i might think about it to be honest because it looks way cleaner than ebay/amazon not painted lips/skirts ?
Sponsored

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks! I was checking HFP kit there and it’s expensive ? I mean i get guarantee that it will fit my model, color etc and quality should be decent as well, i might think about it to be honest because it looks way cleaner than ebay/amazon not painted lips/skirts ?
it is indeed more expensive, but like you said the fitment and paint finish is 100%, and for quality, it's the same materials as your stock current body sides and bumpers for example...it's all parts produced directly at honda's factory (somewhere, don't know which one...)

the front ones for your car is different than his tho because it's a 2020 it has a different front bumper......it's this piece which has a 2 tone paint job and looks sick imo:
https://www.collegehillshonda.com/2016-2021-honda-civic-sedan-accessories/08F01-TBA-.html

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1623384090054

The front and rear are 306$ and the side skirts are 667$ so the kit is 1279$

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Got my DC Sports USB installed, and what a difference that alone makes to cancel out the body roll!

20210610_184319.jpg
If you think the front strut bar made a difference in reducing body roll, wait til you install the rear sway bar. ;)

Seriously though, the strut bar definitely helps with stability up front and steering feel but doesn't touch body roll. You'll see a huge difference in body roll reduction with that beefy RSB installed.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you think the front strut bar made a difference in reducing body roll, wait til you install the rear sway bar. ;)

Seriously though, the strut bar definitely helps with stability up front and steering feel but doesn't touch body roll. You'll see a huge difference in body roll reduction with that beefy RSB installed.
Body roll issue is mostly due to poor factory suspension setup...the stock suspension is so plush and soft, and high perched that as soon as you start pushing the car you feel like you're gonna tip over and the tires are screeching...a good set of tires and a "lower by about an inch and around 30 to 40% stiffer suspension springs" does wonders...

Strut bars are cool but the tires and suspension is where you gain the most in terms of confidence in the handling and sporty driving characteristics or your vehicle.

The rear of the car feel very light when entering corners at high rate of speed, and i notice a fair bit of over steer too...which is unsettling to say the least in a front wheel drive car with no handbrake...if you overcook it and the rear detach, you're gone...so i think a rear bar might help out...i might check for one in the future...

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The rear of the car feel very light when entering corners at high rate of speed, and i notice a fair bit of over steer too...which is unsettling to say the least in a front wheel drive car with no handbrake...if you overcook it and the rear detach, you're gone...so i think a rear bar might help out...i might check for one in the future...
Yansag...

FWD vehicles tend to understeer from the factory. Not sure how you are inducing unsettling oversteer. And if you are already feeling oversteer like you mentioned, a bigger rear bar would actually make it even worse.

Last edited:

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"lower by about an inch and around 30 to 40% stiffer suspension springs" does wonders...
My BC-BR coils are already ordered. I'll be dropping it to delete the wheel gap, which should lower my CG enough to really bite the corners.

I won't be installing a rear strut bar unless I see a problem after the coilovers are installed. Those are a little invasive, and I'm sort of out of room behind the seat. ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20201013_163940

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Seriously though, the strut bar definitely helps with stability up front and steering feel but doesn't touch body roll.
Oh, I am definitely expecting even more out of the RSB, and an exponential improvement once the coils are in. I really just meant that the front bar helped plant the front of the car a bit better on the cloverleafs. It felt really good at 40mph vs feeling like I need to let up at 30mph before.

MachoGrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB ST (FK7)
Country flag
Had these old wheel caps sitting around and was about to throw them out because they didn't fit my rims.. then I thought to myself, what if it will fit that black cap for my tow hitch.. let me know what you think lol .. dumb or cool , I'm listening!

20210605_180735.jpg

20210605_180706.jpg

20210605_191147.jpg

20210605_191259.jpg
Genius. Looks good!

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Have made a few modifications over the past few months.

- Lowered on Eibach Pro Kit
- Superspeed RF06RR in white 18x8.5
- Caruse FK7 Aero V.2
- waiting on the smoked white Unity side markers to complete this summers mods.

Next summer may include the HKS Legamax Premium exhaust and 27won CAI.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210612_104056
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Inked20210612_104144_LI

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag