Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R 2020 Toyota Supra
Country flag
It wasn't a steal, it's money down the toilet. You made the right call this third time.....not so much the previous two. Not to pick on you but all that wasted markup, only 2-3 years later, two Rs later, and you're already looking to move on to a BMW lol.

I can afford to take some of these ADM hits I read about on here yet no way in hell would I give some dealer a dollar over what I know others can get the car for. No one just gives me money, I won't return the favor with my hard earned cash.

Guys......don't fall for hype and give in to car fever. Wait it out and, new or used, you'll find something for a fair price. Hell, I spoke to some kid at a car show this past weekend who got his used for a steal pre-covid and is already looking for the next cool thing to replace it with......its how some people are wired. Many examples like that will pop up used when car prices cool down.
Yup . No more adm , I’m just saying, considering the dealers are asking 70k now , 25k more than what they asked me for it when I went to try to get one.
Don’t take me wrong, if I find another R at msrp lll buy it .
But as it stands I’ll buy an M2 comp before I over pay for an R again.
Sponsored

wmo168

First Name
Mr M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Country flag
Atamain Honda (MA): $14k ADM
Hall Honda (VA): +$10k ADM
Tenalfy (NJ): +$10k ADM
Rossi (NJ) - Say they are not selling and are taking offers..?
Are these ADM for LE? If so thata a good
I know man. It was near Fontana Ca
Now I beat myself because it was such a steal I guess. 5k over and I didn’t want to pay it
Yup . No more adm , I’m just saying, considering the dealers are asking 70k now , 25k more than what they asked me for it when I went to try to get one.
Don’t take me wrong, if I find another R at msrp lll buy it .
But as it stands I’ll buy an M2 comp before I over pay for an R again.
I have a buddy who own 2 R (17, 19) and trade the 19 for the 20 M2c and then he traded the M2c after 7 months back to a 21 BB

Oongie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 STI and 2003 RSX Type-s
Country flag
Are these ADM for LE? If so thata a good

I have a buddy who own 2 R (17, 19) and trade the 19 for the 20 M2c and then he traded the M2c after 7 months back to a 21 BB

Non-LE =(

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
What a shame .
I, like a Dodo paid 7k markup on my 2017 CW when it first came out. At the time I was ok with it because it was the first year and I wanted the car not needed it .
I look back and I’m like, what a silly move on my part.
Next year on my 2018 I was like I’m
Not paying mark up for it, guess what, silly me paid 3k over . I look at it now and I’m like yup that’s 10k down the drain.
I was gonna buy another R but I’m like, with these dealer markups nope, they’re not getting me again .
I was gonna get a LE but the dealer didn’t budge on their 5k markup , now I’m like , it was a steal I guess considering dealers want 70k and more.
Now I’m done with Honda , gonna get either a (BMW)Supra lol or a M2 comp since the R’s are heavily marked up .
SMH
I honestly don't even feel like they're worth the markup either. I heard there's a lot of people trading in their R's for a Supra with no regrets. Its great car just wish Toyota would give a manual so I'll hold out until they do. Saw one the other day on the road and it truly is a beautiful car and with a awesome motor. Maybe I'll give into the automatic one day since everybody raves about it that has one.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
I honestly don't even feel like they're worth the markup either. I heard there's a lot of people trading in their R's for a Supra with no regrets. Its great car just wish Toyota would give a manual so I'll hold out until they do. Saw one the other day on the road and it truly is a beautiful car and with a awesome motor. Maybe I'll give into the automatic one day since everybody raves about it that has one.
I guess like anything - it depends. If you need a 4 door with a hatch; kinda like a one car to do it all - the CTR is a tough car to beat. Offers gobs of. performance and after market support as well as being practical to give good gas mileage and to be able to take your family.

But I agree - if you don't track the CTR and you don't need 4 doors - the Supra is hard to beat - the aftermarket support is solid and the looks are really nice. And the power that those cars can put down with simple bolt-ons and a tune - wow. Personally I would wait to see what the new Z brings out - it will have a manual and a twin turbo setup sooo....there might be more options out there if you are willing to wait. :)

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup it’s not worth the mark up at all.
But like I said if I find another R at msrp I’ll def buy it and if not an M2 or Supra it is . I will keep my 2017 for sure though!

Manatee Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si; Toyota Avalon Hybrid
Country flag
I have gotten to watch a new Supra doing autocross events a couple of times and I can tell you that he is faster than stink! That automatic in the Supra shifts so fast that it is beyond amazing to see him run the courses. He runs around the track like a vacuum cleaner stuck on rails.

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

sac18771

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 FXT, '08 MX5, '15 BRZ
Country flag
What do these dealers think?
that the apocalypse it’s coming and you have to buy an over priced civic ?
Lmao
For the regular civic I’m thinking they’re thinking about supply and demand. There’s no supply and there’s demand... they can’t exactly make sales quotas so they gotta make money another way. The Toyota dealership across the street from them has a lot that’s almost empty....Elk Grove Honda has a good bit of vehicles....also they’re selling a 2018 civic si for like $32k. 17k miles.
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. CAE4A8A3-998F-425C-B0B1-B52EB612BF7B
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 84F362C9-3DCC-4342-8958-E02E8558F0B8
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 8008B930-0941-4EE3-B3BA-C324734CFAB5