Jbegs2020

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
So i bought some Chinese specials splitter rods off amazon for like 15 bucks. BAD DECISION. Had to pull the bumper off and it was bitch. Long story short the hardware rusted to shit after about 3 weeks fml. Trying to find some good ones that use full billet aluminum and stainless steel hardware. Lmk what you have used/recommend.
Sponsored

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Couldn’t you make them on your own? They look really simple to make with proper tools.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Jbegs2020

Jbegs2020

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks alot man. Not a bad price either. What is the wrench flats option all about
You’re welcome. There are flat spots on the rods that you can use a wrench on to adjust. Not necessary as they are easily adjusted by hand. I opted for them just because I liked the look.
Also, the bolts I ordered were too long for my set up so I ended up using some stainless washers to fill the extra space. Not noticeable and doesn’t affect anything.

OP
OP
Jbegs2020

Jbegs2020

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
You’re welcome. There are flat spots on the rods that you can use a wrench on to adjust. Not necessary as they are easily adjusted by hand. I opted for them just because I liked the look.
Also, the bolts I ordered were too long for my set up so I ended up using some stainless washers to fill the extra space. Not noticeable and doesn’t affect anything.
Sweet bro thanks

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
I'd pay the extra just to get the sturdy ones just so I can install it on the chassis. Bumper rods are rice LOL and doesn't help with downforce

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd pay the extra just to get the sturdy ones just so I can install it on the chassis. Bumper rods are rice LOL and doesn't help with downforce
I can feel my car dive more when I get in throttle, haven’t taken it over 55 lol ?. I need my rods now!

Honda Civic 10th gen Splitter rods E5402A02-E53D-4994-B0D3-37E145F13CFF

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
@ilipac - digging the rgb vibes, would be sick if it's Bluetooth compatible, bring out that inner gamer LOL.

Back on topic: honestly with splitter rods and splitter kits, it's only works best if your splitter is bigger than your bumper and it is accompanied by a wing, canards, and side skirts. Then again I'm basing this off of time attack. Haven't seen a proper vehicle daily with a time attack set up, kids nowadays would say it's rice since they don't understand downforce and all that fun stuff

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@ilipac - digging the rgb vibes, would be sick if it's Bluetooth compatible, bring out that inner gamer LOL.

Back on topic: honestly with splitter rods and splitter kits, it's only works best if your splitter is bigger than your bumper and it is accompanied by a wing, canards, and side skirts. Then again I'm basing this off of time attack. Haven't seen a proper vehicle daily with a time attack set up, kids nowadays would say it's rice since they don't understand downforce and all that fun stuff
RGB vibes? lol it's just colorshift vinyl pinstriping. And this new "lip" extends past the bumper and past the edges of my tires haha - it's definitely pushing air down and around. I will be either getting a aeroflow dynamics splitter or a S Factor Fabrication one (with chassis mounted rods). This one was the cheapest front lip on ebay and I wanted to guinea pig it!
Sponsored