Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Oh, sorry. I own a stereo shop and ordered it directly from Metra. It is brand new, and should be out in circulation pretty soon I would think.
Desperately waiting on an update. I asked my local shop, they say they are very hesitant to order in any active “Metra” components
Sponsored

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The video is uploading now. So far, everything has been good with the kit. They took care of the TPMS problem. Unfortunately for the Fk8 crowd, it doesn't sound like they will be including the rev match, etc. If someone wanted to let them borrow their car, those features might be able to be included.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think I’m going to risk it.
I was ready to trade the car because of the poor entertainment stack/slow heater hvac controls

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Here is the video. I tried to show the kit and menu functions. So far everything has worked as it should. Someone commented on the hard buttons on the side. I actually like them, it makes it easier to adjust the fan speed up and down without having to focus on the touchpad.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've seen mention of the backup camera being able to be disabled, does this unit have the ability to display the backup camera input on its own screen rather than passing it on to the double DIN head unit?

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It says you can do that. I had already swapped my factory camera for an aftermarket one, so I haven't been able to test that out.

I've seen mention of the backup camera being able to be disabled, does this unit have the ability to display the backup camera input on its own screen rather than passing it on to the double DIN head unit?

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It says you can do that. I had already swapped my factory camera for an aftermarket one, so I haven't been able to test that out.
I keep forgetting that most 2DIN units don’t need to integrate their cameras with anything - simply tap off of the reverse light wire/back-up lights and good-to-go

Last edited:

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The interface in this kit gives you all the wires you will need for reverse, speed sense, brake, etc. It even includes the necessary extension for the FM antenna. I wanted to retain the factory XM antenna, so I bought a factory cable and cut the end to make an adapter. Works great, and I didn't have to add an additional antenna.

I keep forgetting that most 2DIN units don’t need to integrate their cameras with anything - smoky tap off of the reverse light wire/back-up lights and good-to-go

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Beautiful .....simply beautiful. If this was specifically designed to meet all of the Type-R's needs it would be a must have.

Hell167

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Doesn't look like the video was of a fk8. Are the connectors in the fk8 stereo same as the others?

Anyone with an fk8 willing to try this?

CharlieTangoRomeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 SGP CTR
Country flag
In some regions the LE does not have an infotainment system, just a giant flat black blank switch in its place. I wonder how the LE handles things like TPMS reset and Rev Match settings.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
In some regions the LE does not have an infotainment system, just a giant flat black blank switch in its place. I wonder how the LE handles things like TPMS reset and Rev Match settings.
Find an EUDM LE owners manual. It should mention it in there. I wonder if you can trigger TPMS from an OBDII.