First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It retains the camera stuff, and can even display camera output on the hvav touchscreen. Door locking stuff is still programable through it. I don't think the audio info on the center binnacle shows up anymore, I will check. Rev matching, via the radio?
TPMS reset is still being worked on.
Please give us a review! Either in this thread or a brand new one here (remember, this mod isn't R-exclusive)

I'm very interested in rev match + TPMS. Those things are what would make me hesitate to replace the awful stock head unit.
Sponsored

Hell167

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Did you get any errors come up on the dash? Does the dash info like boost guage, throttle/ brake display, fuel economy still work?

Rev matching and other systems setting is unimportant if you can still change the setting. It's more important that it retained the setting you want and continues to be enabled or disabled the way you set it.

How about a video review?

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I will do a full review of the kit. I am waiting to see what happens with the TPMS situation first. I want to give Metra a chance to fix it before I review it. As far as the stuff in the center of the cluster, yes, those all work. Heck, they worked when I had the radio out and the LX HVAC controller in.

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
just got a new update file from Metra and doing the 3x reset, the light did come on and off. So the TPMS seems to be taken care of.

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
They are looking into the fk8 revmatch feature.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Still would like to see more....please show us a video review if you can. i am super on board with this

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I will make a video, I wanted to give them a chance to get things fixed before hand.
Your statements show a lot of integrity, can you tell me anything of the backlighting? Does it suit the existing lighting, does it dim with instrument panel lighting when asked to do so? I also dislike the slow boot-up time of my stack and HVAC controls. My OEM display is acting up/flickering and Honda doesn't have a replacement - plus I want so badly to put a better double-DIN HU in there

Hell167

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Please include the parts numbers to the kits you purchased for the amp connection as well. I think once your review is out I will be doing the same. So tired of this ridiculous infotainment system honda released

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just the dash kit for me. The rest of the audio has been upgraded as well.

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Quoting this for visibility because it hasn't been answered yet
Oh, sorry. I own a stereo shop and ordered it directly from Metra. It is brand new, and should be out in circulation pretty soon I would think.
Sponsored