Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Coggin Deland Honda in FL
They've been charging hard markup since spring 2017 and have never changed. I remember them being very contentious toward me in 2018 for offering MSRP on a red CTR they had for nearly 12 months in their showroom. Generally speaking, any Coggin dealer in FL is the worst to deal with in my experience. Actually, one of the first CTR owners on the Civicx forum bought a CW 2017 in the spring of 2017 from Coggin Honda Jacksonville, $10k ADM he paid (he said so in his post). That is par for the course at any Coggin dealer.
Sponsored

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
I’m in disbelief these cars are still selling way over sticker for their entire production cycle.... has this ever happened before on any other cars?
I guess it comes down to gullible buyers believing the lies these dealers spew out of their pie holes....
We also have dealers here in Texas doing the same shit as FL & CA.
To make matters worse, most add unwanted accessories on top of the ADM! It’s insane & upsetting.
I really wish it would all stop. I’m guessing it will for the conservative looking next gen. I’m not interested based on the interior alone.... so average & dated looking.
Rant over..... travel if you need to for a deal. That’s what I did and may do it again if I can find an LE at a decent price.... not looking good though

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I’m in disbelief these cars are still selling way over sticker for their entire production cycle.... has this ever happened before on any other cars?
I guess it comes down to gullible buyers believing the lies these dealers spew out of their pie holes....
We also have dealers here in Texas doing the same shit as FL & CA.
To make matters worse, most add unwanted accessories on top of the ADM! It’s insane & upsetting.
I really wish it would all stop. I’m guessing it will for the conservative looking next gen. I’m not interested based on the interior alone.... so average & dated looking.
Rant over..... travel if you need to for a deal. That’s what I did and may do it again if I can find an LE at a decent price.... not looking good though
The only time I've heard of markups just being the norm is with some of the Porsche GT cars and certain exotics. Maybe for Shelbys and shit like that too. But for a Honda? It's nuts......anyone old enough to remember if this was happening with ITRs back in the day?

I've been on my soap box for months urging people not to settle paying markup on regular CTRs.....but I honestly can't say the same thing to someone looking for an LE. It's doable (less so now that many have rolled out) but extremely difficult.

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
The only time I've heard of markups just being the norm is with some of the Porsche GT cars and certain exotics. Maybe for Shelbys and shit like that too. But for a Honda? It's nuts......anyone old enough to remember if this was happening with ITRs back in the day?

I've been on my soap box for months urging people not to settle paying markup on regular CTRs.....but I honestly can't say the same thing to someone looking for an LE. It's doable (less so now that many have rolled out) but extremely difficult.
I almost bought an Integra Type R in 98. They were difficult to find, but there were no markups. Most sat on the dealer’s lots. They were pushing the GSRs pretty heavy at the time. The $24k was too much for me at the time as I was just beginning my career. I bought a 1999 civic Si instead.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag

Back in 1999, was looking for an odyssey because my first son was due. I called every single Honda dealer from Ventura to San Diego and all of them had huge markups on a soccer mom minivan. Their reasoning was, “they’re hot and everybody wants them.” I recall telling one of the reps this a family hauler and not an S2K that also had a markup. He just shrugged and said someone will pay for it.

Fast fwd 6 months and I was able to purchase a 2k odyssey from Royal Honda in Louisiana at 1999 invoice and had it transported to So Cal at no additional cost. 20 years later and they are still pulling the adm game.

chrisz5z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Type R - Boost Blue
Country flag
Back in 1999, was looking for an odyssey because my first son was due. I called every single Honda dealer from Ventura to San Diego and all of them had huge markups on a soccer mom minivan. Their reasoning was, “they’re hot and everybody wants them.” I recall telling one of the reps this a family hauler and not an S2K that also had a markup. He just shrugged and said someone will pay for it.

Fast fwd 6 months and I was able to purchase a 2k odyssey from Royal Honda in Louisiana at 1999 invoice and had it transported to So Cal at no additional cost. 20 years later and they are still pulling the adm game.
Unfortunately this means that yes, someone will pay for it

NJ Drive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag

I paid MSRP for my 1998 Integra Type R #765, which was purchased through Princeton Acura here in NJ.

At that time, there were plenty of dealers asking over sticker for 1997-1998 CW ITRs, and the same again for the 2000-2001 FBP & PY ITRs.

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As i said in my previous post, I almost had a heart attack with what they were charging for the Limited Edition Civic Type R, Phoenix Yellow. $25,000 in ADM alone plus dealer add ons. I could understand maybe $10-15,000 mark up but $25,000. That is crazy town level mark up. I am not sure if the dealership actually wanted to sell it or discourage the casual buyer or something.
Totally nuts in my opinion.

jcfishel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R #44709, 1993 300ZX Twin Turbo
Country flag
This guy is the reason dealers do ADM. At least he openly admits to paying 10k over, which at the time was probably a good deal.

Turbo65

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Add Jay Wolfe Kansas City to the shit list, I bought my my 19 there at sticker and my wife bought a new RDX last December so I thought they would at least talk. They have a LE on the floor for 79K and wouldn’t move a penny.

Tiitime

First Name
TT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Country flag
California dealers playing too many games. The first price is crossed out asking you to put down info for best pricing. And their best pricing is the same price they crossed out.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 3221A69D-B3AE-4022-A9D2-E7A5935FAA9B

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Play the game back Offer them MSRP and you got a sale today. Cant hurt what can they say no?