What features do you wish the Civic had?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
In complete agreement with:
Hatchback Si​
Manual hand brake​
Power folding mirrors (got spoiled in Japan)​
Traction control disabled by default​
LSD​
Would add:
Variable, intermittent wipers​
Better sound proofing (I've done the doors so far)​
Adjustable side bolsters​
Better fit between panels (still have to adjust my hood)​
Sponsored

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hatchback Si​
Manual hand brake​
Traction control disabled by default​
LSD​
Would add:
Variable, intermittent wipers​
Better sound proofing (I've done the doors so far)​
Adjustable side bolsters​
Better fit between panels (still have to adjust my hood)​

+1 on the handbrake. I still find myself grabbing for it after parking lol. You'd think it'd be cheaper for Honda too, but who knows.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Traction control disabled by default
Probably not allowed by FMVSS. Despite the few that would prefer it this way, it would make the vast majority less safe.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Probably not allowed by FMVSS. Despite the few that would prefer it this way, it would make the vast majority less safe.
True.

Though I just wish fully disabling it didn't involved that stupid "pedal dance".

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
We got power folding mirrors here in Europe too. You might be able to pick up a used set and retrofit them easily enough.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
I'd love to be able to tilt the seats to elevate the front a little, or at least have some sort of thigh adjustment on the seat base. I'm actually looking into seat transplant options from other cars because I just find ours so uncomfortable now. I have my eye on some e46 M-Sport seats that I think would be great in there.

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
For the Type-R, just a few things. But these are pretty minor to me in the grand scheme of things.

1. The ability to have a custom drive mode. Veloster N has it. The ability to have comfort steering/suspension and a sport+ drivetrain would be nice.

2. If you're going to include all of the safety features in the 2021 Type-R, why not just add the Blind Spot Monitoring? Not like I really want it or need it, but seems kind of silly.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Agreed. But
We got power folding mirrors here in Europe too. You might be able to pick up a used set and retrofit them easily enough.
Hmmm ... mine was built in the UK, just have to modify the wiring for left hand drive?

tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
it depends if the PWMICU was reflashed or not. The 2 front door window controllers are LIN bus controlled. Example, in EU, some civics can roll up windows via keyfob. That means NA variants were reflashed to disable that. In any case, to get the power folding mirrors working, you might need to change the power window controller (switch controller), and hope that the sunroof is still working (thats also LIN controlled, operated by passenger PWMICU)

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I'd love to be able to tilt the seats to elevate the front a little, or at least have some sort of thigh adjustment on the seat base. I'm actually looking into seat transplant options from other cars because I just find ours so uncomfortable now. I have my eye on some e46 M-Sport seats that I think would be great in there.
I find a lot of seats do not have thigh support. I bought the EX-L trim in order to get a power driver seat so I could adjust the tilt & it helps a lot. I wish they had a model with a passenger seat that tilted.

Maybe you could find a used power seat from another Civic & swap your seat covers onto the power frame. That way it will all match. I did that on another car.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I find a lot of seats do not have thigh support. I bought the EX-L trim in order to get a power driver seat so I could adjust the tilt & it helps a lot. I wish they had a model with a passenger seat that tilted.

Maybe you could find a used power seat from another Civic & swap your seat covers onto the power frame. That way it will all match. I did that on another car.
Yeah I had the same idea but it seems powered seats either aren't offered here or just aren't very common. Mine is pretty much the highest spec excluding the Type-R and the seats are pretty poor.

I've had a lot of BMW's in my time too and the E46 Sport seats are some of the best I've used so I think I'll look at fitting a set of those. They're dirt cheap these days too. :)

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've said it before and I'll say if again. If a $16k hyundai can get a heated steering wheel. What the F. Can't a $30k honda?
-40 in edmonton and there are drivers in a car half the price of mine with happy hands.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Brakes88
Yes, a heated steering wheel is something I keep dreaming of. Since you're talking about Hyundai, what I like most about them is that many of their standard trims come with cooled front seats.

@latole
I have a compass in the speedometer screen, maybe your Honda dealer can unlock that feature?

Honda Civic 10th gen What features do you wish the Civic had? Honda Civic 10 built in Compass

I can easily access it with the steering wheel buttons:

Honda Civic 10th gen What features do you wish the Civic had? IMG_20210520_115134

Last edited: