Newly available quick adjustments for TSP Stage 1 and Stage 2 Tunes! (Throttle Responsiveness and Padding)

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
As of today this is only available for Si models, which are all fully supported at this time. We can look forward to KTuner offering these options on non-Si ecus on future updates.
it’s available the k20c2 6 speed now....
Just downloaded the ktuner ver 1.09.10
Now with throttle padding ...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Nice! Thanks for sharing that with us.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As you may already be aware, the turbo responsiveness setting is exclusive to non-Si models. While it is not applicable for the Si update, it is certainly something we are looking at for the non-Si variants.
Not to highjack but I hear a non si update may be coming, has it been talked about allowing boost by gear adjustments, like for 1st and 2nd for us CVT users?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Not to highjack but I hear a non si update may be coming, has it been talked about allowing boost by gear adjustments, like for 1st and 2nd for us CVT users?
BBG's been available since day one. :cool:

I'm hoping the new update allows us CVT guys to adjust throttle response and part throttle turbo responsiveness. Fingers crossed. Those two things would really make the TSP tune near perfect.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've actually asked both JR and TSP privately and all I'm basically hearing is that there are many non-Si ECU's to get to (which is true). I asked JR if they could maybe release updates in batches of ECU's.

All I know is, it's a waiting game at this point. :confused:

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I've actually asked both JR and TSP privately and all I'm basically hearing is that there are many non-Si ECU's to get to (which is true). I asked JR if they could maybe release updates in batches of ECU's.

All I know is, it's a waiting game at this point. :confused:
Hats off to them for even making tunes for us but I agree with you. If you could change the throttle and turbo response along with the TSP tune that would be perfect.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hats off to them for even making tunes for us but I agree with you. If you could change the throttle and turbo response along with the TSP tune that would be perfect.
I've asked for allowing us to adjust part throttle responsiveness like we can on the KTuner starter tunes (in addition to throttle response). No doubt in my mind it would improve the sluggish low end feel non-Si owners often complain about.

But I understand where JR is coming from too. He basically said that it might change the character of the tune and that it's the tune designers right to keep it locked. So while we should see the non-Si throttle adjustment, we may not get that part throttle turbo adjustment.

Last edited:

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
It would be interesting if TSP or Phearable did a tune for the K20C2. Though it's probably hard to do that engine along with keep up with the ECU versions coming out for it as the current non-si cars have so many iterations of it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It would be interesting if TSP or Phearable did a tune for the K20C2. Though it's probably hard to do that engine along with keep up with the ECU versions coming out for it as the current non-si cars have so many iterations of it.
There's a couple reasons it won't happen. For one, there's only so much you can do with the normally aspirated engine. For example, KTuner only offers one base map compared to the numerous maps of the turbo models. Hondata doesn't even bother.

The main reason is that from a business point of view it makes zero sense. Look at my tuning reliability thread. Out of nearly 640 tuned cars in the thread, only 19 have that engine. The interest is low, except for a small group of enthusiasts.

Last edited:

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
There's a couple reasons it won't happen. For one, there's only so much you can do with the normally aspirated engine. For example, KTuner only offers one base map compared to the numerous maps of the turbo models. Hondata doesn't even bother.

The main reason is that from a business point of view it makes zero sense. Look at my tuning reliability thread. Out of nearly 640 tuned cars, only 19 have that engine. The interest is low, except for a small group of enthusiasts.
Damn, that’s a low amount of people tuned. To be fair, those cars were mainly made for people who mainly car about going from point a and b. Makes sense.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
any luck for offering TSP Stage-2 for NON Si 1.5T
@Two Step Performance
We appreciate your interest however there is no plan to offer this. We believe that the weaker internals of the non-Si make the flex fuel option require more attention thus we only offer custom tuning for that application.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I also have a 2020 si and It's pretty jerky everytime im off the throttle when rev hang is disabled I'm gonna try medium settings as well.
hey any update on these settings? notice my car is a bit jerky with this tsp tune and was hopping these settings might help alleviate it.
Sponsored