Thuseefc - Mugen Si

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My sole purpose was to clean up the engine bay and get that plastic tank out of the engine bay.

However, I have seen a few instances where the fk8 has had ruptured plastic tanks at the seam in race applications.

I'm aware this is not for everyone but those that are interested can make this work in the non R platforms.

—------------------------
This is from Radiums page:

Because of continuous and intense heat cycling, plastic coolant tanks have a reputation of failing over time. Fortunately, the rugged 2-piece Radium Engineering replacement is CNC machined from aluminum and anodized for increased longevity. And because aluminum is a superior thermal conductor material, heat transfer is further improved. Additionally, the metal construction is robust enough to use in racing applications.

This FK8 Type-R kit directly replaces the plastic Honda tank without making permanent modifications to the vehicle. A specially designed mounting bracket secures to existing threaded holes and Radium adapter fittings interface with the factory lines. The tank functionality remains the same as the OEM cooling system.
20-0427_Installed.jpg

NOTE: Laser engraving and fitting color may differ from what is shown in these pictures. Contact Radium Engineering for more information.

The Radium Engineering Coolant Expansion Tank has proved itself over the years in many applications all over the world, in race and street vehicles. The internal volume of the Radium Engineering Coolant Expansion Tank is equivalent to the OEM tank resulting in no coolant loss. The internal design features two chambers with cross-over passages at the top and bottom. The coolant tank also has an internal swirl feature aiding in deaerating the system.
Coolant_4.jpg

NOTE: The OEM 1.3 Bar Honda pressure cap can be re-used.
I totally get doing it just for the looks I'd do it too haha. I wasn't aware of the possibility of coolant tanks rupturing so good to know it's also functional if you track.

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I totally get doing it just for the looks I'd do it too haha. I wasn't aware of the possibility of coolant tanks rupturing so good to know it's also functional if you track.
Yep. I havent seen many but definitely something you can look into if you ever see your tank showing dry coolant around the seem where the top and bottom half fuse together.

Plus I love the level indicator haha.

Pielo7

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Surprising you dont have the Mugen wing, anyway your car is a work of art.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did a thing and installed the oem front grill garnish haha! Not bad at all! Just clean and sticks on with 3m pre applied tape.

20210426_183046.jpg

20210426_184145.jpg

20210426_190022.jpg

20210427_173342.jpg

20210505_200412.jpg
What’s the part number for the garnish?

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Surprising you dont have the Mugen wing, anyway your car is a work of art.
Haha I been contemplating that may have to give it a shot to see how it looks in person. In the pictures they used it doesn't really look too appealing.

And thank you for the kind words!

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you sir!
You're welcome! If you do it make sure the grill is clean. Stick it down and apply painters tape. Let it stay like that for a day or two and make sure it's not raining in the next day or two as well haha.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're welcome! If you do it make sure the grill is clean. Stick it down and apply painters tape. Let it stay like that for a day or two and make sure it's not raining in the next day or two as well haha.
Oh yes for sure. I’m going to get a quote from my uncle who works at a auto parts supplier. If it’s not over $200 I’ll grab it. Then I’ll clay bar to make sure there no grime or dirt that prevents it from sticking proper. Thanks for the tips!

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh yes for sure. I’m going to get a quote from my uncle who works at a auto parts supplier. If it’s not over $200 I’ll grab it. Then I’ll clay bar to make sure there no grime or dirt that prevents it from sticking proper. Thanks for the tips!
Good luck. I like the added touch! Worst case you can always wrap it for a cheaper option too!

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good luck. I like the added touch! Worst case you can always wrap it for a cheaper option too!
Good idea! I will look into that too. I hope jets vinyl makes them :headbang: so I can order it with the chrome delete kit

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicSi2019
Country flag
Could you post the measurements for your suspension? I did my installation for my Tein but I kinda don’t like how it rides. Just wondering how much preload you have and how much thread you have showing. If you can show your measurements that would give me an idea please and thank you

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could you post the measurements for your suspension? I did my installation for my Tein but I kinda don’t like how it rides. Just wondering how much preload you have and how much thread you have showing. If you can show your measurements that would give me an idea please and thank you
Hey,

Whats wrong with the ride? the preload once it was installed all I did was make sure there was no spring movement so adjusted it just enough so the spring is snug.

For the ride height I think I have about 1-1.5 inch drop remaining.

My overall ground to top of fender arch right in the middle of the wheel is about 24 to 25 inches.

Hope these help, I love the way mine ride.

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicSi2019
Country flag
Hey,

Whats wrong with the ride? the preload once it was installed all I did was make sure there was no spring movement so adjusted it just enough so the spring is snug.

For the ride height I think I have about 1-1.5 inch drop remaining.

My overall ground to top of fender arch right in the middle of the wheel is about 24 to 25 inches.

Hope these help, I love the way mine ride.
Did you follow these?
If not and if you don’t mind can you let me know your measurements for A,B,C,D for front and rear?

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si 96024B45-5FA3-425D-93EE-B4D842422241
Sponsored