First Name
Keon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T 6MT
Country flag
Hi CivicX community!

I am in need of new shocks/struts on my EX-T(100k miles with noticeable ride softness) and have been looking around to see what might be the best replacement option. Since I do not plan to lower my car (I live in an area where it snows quite often and this is my year-round car), I decided to look into OE-style replacements. It had seemed that KYB and Bilstein B4 shocks/struts were my only options until I stumbled upon this thread which mentioned that the Bilstein B6 was available in the European part catalogue. I had to see this for myself, and indeed the B6 as well as the B14 PSS are available for the non-CTR models. Indeed, this news release mentions that these parts were available since May-June 2020. Part numbers are as follows:
Front B6 L: 22-291752
Front B6 R: 22-291769
Rear B6: 24-291743
B14 PSS: 47-282177

Honda Civic 10th gen Bilstein B6 Struts and Shocks 1614723267655

Honda Civic 10th gen Bilstein B6 Struts and Shocks 1614723291376

However, I could not find a US retailer which had these in stock. I reached out to Bilstein North America and got a response about covid and production issues:
Honda Civic 10th gen Bilstein B6 Struts and Shocks 1614723589721

Honda Civic 10th gen Bilstein B6 Struts and Shocks 1614723609699

I also could not find these in stock at any of the usual US retailers like RockAuto, TireRack, Summit Racing, even Amazon. I reached out to TireRack to see if they might stock these anytime soon and I will keep this thread updated with the response. However, I did notice that these are listed on some European retailer websites. After some more searching, I decided to purchase the set of front and rear struts/shocks from nsb concept. The links to the parts are as follows for those interested:
Front L B6
Front R B6
Rear pair B6

The prices seemed reasonable and were lower than those from other Euro retailers. The only snag was the 86.19 euro shipping and handling from France o_O
Honda Civic 10th gen Bilstein B6 Struts and Shocks 1614723983314

Anyways, I will keep this thread updated with any news from TireRack as well as my ordering status and eventually a review of the B6 shocks/struts once I get them installed.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be honest 86 euro shipping from France to the USA is cheap.That isn't even $100 .If i would buy this from the USA they would charge me $200-300 shipping Cost.
(I looked around for some Tein shocks in the past)

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
I hope this works! Definitely keep us updated!

My EX hatch is approaching 110k miles now too so its time for replacement soon.

OP
OP
keonjoe

keonjoe

First Name
Keon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update today from TireRack:
Honda Civic 10th gen Bilstein B6 Struts and Shocks Screenshot_20210303-184448_Gmail

It also seems that the French site I ordered from does not have the parts in stock as my order shows up as "restocking". Will probably be a few days-weeks before the next update.

OP
OP
keonjoe

keonjoe

First Name
Keon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update today from the French retailer:

"Following your request for a deadline, we approached our supplier and the latter indicates to us a supply within our warehouse for 04/30. Once the parts have been received, your package will be processed and shipped the same day by our logistics department. "

Will update once again once I receive shocks/struts.

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6-Spd Manual
Did you ever purchase this? I’m looking to change my shocks too.

OP
OP
keonjoe

keonjoe

First Name
Keon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you ever purchase this? I’m looking to change my shocks too.
Yes, they are currently out of stock and the retailer mentioned that they are expecting them 4/30, after which they will ship to me from France.

In the meantime, I did end up picking up some si springs from a member on here since I wanted to match the stiffer shocks with a set of (slightly) stiffer springs while retaining near OEM ride height. This is my daily and I drive it year round in Chicago traffic/snow and I visit Indy every other weekend so daily drivability is a big factor for me.

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, they are currently out of stock and the retailer mentioned that they are expecting them 4/30, after which they will ship to me from France.

In the meantime, I did end up picking up some si springs from a member on here since I wanted to match the stiffer shocks with a set of (slightly) stiffer springs while retaining near OEM ride height. This is my daily and I drive it year round in Chicago traffic/snow and I visit Indy every other weekend so daily drivability is a big factor for me.
I live in Rhode Island but there hasn't been much snow. When there is the car seems to be fine even when lowered. I'm sitting on Eibach Sportlines. I'm waiting to see how well these go on and feel because I was going to pull the trigger on the B4's but I saw that the B6 were available for our platform.

It was weird that you were able to find the rears. I was unable to see a part number for B6's for our rears only the B4's.

OP
OP
keonjoe

keonjoe

First Name
Keon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I live in Rhode Island but there hasn't been much snow. When there is the car seems to be fine even when lowered. I'm sitting on Eibach Sportlines. I'm waiting to see how well these go on and feel because I was going to pull the trigger on the B4's but I saw that the B6 were available for our platform.

It was weird that you were able to find the rears. I was unable to see a part number for B6's for our rears only the B4's.
Ah yeah it was rough for me this winter with street parking and 2+ft of snow on the ground. Not something I want to deal with again. Also if I recall correctly the Bilstein shocks have internal bump stops which make lowering not really an option. If you want to run with lowering springs with Bilstein, the B8 are the way to go as the internal bump stops are different from the B6.

It did take quite a bit of digging around, but the parts are listed in the euro catalog with the same chassis code. Also if you ctrl-f through the news release link mentioned in the original post you can see that the front and rears were announced at the same time for this platform. Either way, I will update this thread once I get my hands on these.

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah yeah it was rough for me this winter with street parking and 2+ft of snow on the ground. Not something I want to deal with again. Also if I recall correctly the Bilstein shocks have internal bump stops which make lowering not really an option. If you want to run with lowering springs with Bilstein, the B8 are the way to go as the internal bump stops are different from the B6.

It did take quite a bit of digging around, but the parts are listed in the euro catalog with the same chassis code. Also if you ctrl-f through the news release link mentioned in the original post you can see that the front and rears were announced at the same time for this platform. Either way, I will update this thread once I get my hands on these.
Yeah the problem is the B8’s are unicorns for our platform.

That made me come to the conclusion if everyone runs OEM with lowering springs there shouldn’t be a problem running a higher quality shock/strut. A lot of other German cars like Porsche’s and BMW’s are doing it without any issues for years.

Bilstein > OEM.

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport Manual, 2007 Honda S2000 (STR)
Country flag
4.30 has come and gone, any updates?

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport Manual, 2007 Honda S2000 (STR)
Country flag
Booooooo.... I was hoping these might materialize this spring after waiting for years for Koni not to deliver.

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up buying Tein Coilovers paired with their EDFC Active Pro. Needed to replace shocks these horrible shocks.

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
I'm waiting for something too.

I'm hitting about 115k in my hatch now
Sponsored