What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Corey2k8g

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
So I'm not sure where to post this. But this came up in the "general discussion" search. But I was wondering the exact comparison and compatibility with the EX front bumper and the SI/Hatchback bumper. Looking to get one since I messed up the bottom of mine with a million holes. Plus I think it looks killer. If an admin can move this post to the proper thread if need be. I'd appreciate it.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Screenshot_20210502-161228_Instagram

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210425_163955

MachoGrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB ST (FK7)
Country flag
Changing out my lighting to LEDs was the first thing I did on mine. I got the JDM red leds on Amazon that were at least as bright as the upper segments, and made the whole thing look evenly lit. For some reason it now says it doesn't fit my car but I know that's wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Ex..._rd_i=B00PHVYEC2&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_m_rp_18_sc
That's a good tip - thanks! I had not considered "red" bulbs as the original is clear, but I can see how that might help now that you mention it. I was very satisfied with the turn and reverse results, but the brakes were... whuummmmp whump mediocre. I will try some red!

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Picked up some future upgrades.
Waiting for hub rings.
(Yes, I will be painting the Homelink...ha. Was a good deal on the wrong colour.)

16204157531181.jpg
16204157330690.jpg
Dude... The rally wheels are gonna look tough!! ?

FK7_Fever

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic FK7 Sport, 6-speed Manual, White
Country flag
I did my front emblem today, but am still waiting for my black SPORT badge to arrive.

I have the black civic badge, and am doing something special with a new TOURING badge I bought.

I like the badges because they break up all that uni-color blank field on the rear end.
May I ask where you got the black sport badge? Looking to badge swap as well but can’t find any sport badges anywhere and that’s the only thing holding me back

JoshFK7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Nothing major done today. Just gave her a good wash and swapped out the chrome Honda emblems for some gloss black Emblems.

3A26FDAE-8D92-4D01-A5FC-A283C806C1DB.jpeg
DCDD679E-E0CF-429C-A047-ADEDFCFE1609.jpeg
B0112B27-C183-4722-833F-74D72BA985EE.jpeg
Anybody else enjoy washing their own car?
When you removed the rear H emblem, did the tabs break? I heard after removing the emblem and the tabs fall into the trunk causing it to rattle a bit. I want to replace my emblem with the black one, but this is a concern of mine.

Corey2k8g

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Carbon wrapped my shifter trim and my door handle trim. Turned out pretty sweet! More than likely going to do the other silver door trim piece and the reading light bezel.

92597655-6DBB-404C-BB70-D79722D98E29.jpeg

248A20F3-A4AD-4A5F-A820-AB420AD1AFAF.jpeg
Your sport is my econ button ? I want sport mode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
When you removed the rear H emblem, did the tabs break? I heard after removing the emblem and the tabs fall into the trunk causing it to rattle a bit. I want to replace my emblem with the black one, but this is a concern of mine.
None of the tabs broke off of the rear emblem when I removed mine. One tab did break off of the front emblem, but im not really concerned about it making any rattling noises.

robertk328

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
None of the tabs broke off of the rear emblem when I removed mine. One tab did break off of the front emblem, but im not really concerned about it making any rattling noises.
The front is the one with the clips, so it will almost defintely break unless you do it by removing the grill, and ultimately the clips. The back one is held on with adhesive, though it still has the posts to make sure it's aligned/centered/etc. so you should be able to remove it without breaking anything.

Been thinking about making a sweet necklace with mine ?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) another-bb

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
May I ask where you got the black sport badge? Looking to badge swap as well but can’t find any sport badges anywhere and that’s the only thing holding me back
College Hills Honda, like all of the other black emblems.

P/N is 08F20-TBA-100C

I am starting to see them at multiple sites now, but CHH has been selling them for a while now.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which carbon fiber vinyl wrap did you use? You use some sort of heat gun or something there? I tried using the highest hot setting from a hairdryer and that did not work with the wrap as it will not form or stick at all.
you gotta clean the plastic real good. hand soap followed by isopropyl alcohol usually works for me. heat guns are pretty much essential for wrapping. $20 or so at a harbor freight will get you one that will get the job done.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't worry about the tabs. I'm not sure the capture rings are installed on the back.

As for the front, the 3M tape will hold the new one just fine. I recommend buying 0.5" 3M VHB (Very High Bond) foam tape, and filling in the "H" to the edges to give it the right amount of hold. Make sure you clean the car surface with alcohol first too.

Here is a picture of my OEM rear emblem once I added the 3M. The 4 thin (non-3M) strips around the edge are all that were included.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210509_201251
Sponsored

Last edited: