Worse thing you done to your Honda

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
I clipped off the tail pipes at 2.5" to put Chinese tips on, 2000mi. later a weld broke and it rattles when cold, went back on e.bay to buy a replacement and I don't see them, dang.

they are black, have a screen and are the offset style, if you see them look me up please.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ohh Billy, don't be letting the cat outa the bag now! Close, the sick red one with the quad tips, "XSE" super grocery getter :dance:that baby looks like a beast
IMG_0618.JPG

:love:

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
IMO your expectations are unrealistic. Cars are never going back to the way they were in the 90s. If you want the tin-can glass-bubble go-kart feel you'll just have to keep the old ones around too...This new Civic is basically a TSX / Accord size car. Compared to the 8th/9th gen, this chassis is a MASSIVE improvement in ride quality, lower NVH, power, fuel efficiency, saftey, looks (imo, although the 8g coupe looked pretty cool to me)...

I'll keep my S13 and S14 for when I wanna blast around town and make noise lol.
Looking back, I should have picked up a Subaru Brz instead

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
According to Cars.com, there aren't many used 2016's for sale. That seems to be a good sign.

accordingtocivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I decided to install front door Polk speakers to get rid of some nasty distortion, but that led to more noticeable rattle in the back. Bought $120 aftermarket Polk rear-deck speakers 3 months ago for my '98 Honda Accord that I realized I will no longer be driving in a couple months as I plan on checking out/buying a 2017 Civic Touring around Spring Break. Part of me wishes I had just dealt with the sub-par sound until then and not thrown another $200 worth of speakers in my car ($80 for the front speakers); would've saved cash, obviously, and the headache of sort of partially wrecking one of the rear-deck speakers. Not exactly the worst thing done, per se, more like the most regrettable, but still.

MebaneMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
IMO your expectations are unrealistic. Cars are never going back to the way they were in the 90s. If you want the tin-can glass-bubble go-kart feel you'll just have to keep the old ones around too...This new Civic is basically a TSX / Accord size car. Compared to the 8th/9th gen, this chassis is a MASSIVE improvement in ride quality, lower NVH, power, fuel efficiency, saftey, looks (imo, although the 8g coupe looked pretty cool to me)...

I'll keep my S13 and S14 for when I wanna blast around town and make noise lol.
It is bigger than my '83 Accord hatchback, 86 HP engine. My big complaint are the seats designed for midgets(insert asians).

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic EX, 2016 Honda EX-TL Rallye Red
Country flag
I'm trying to figure out mistake people have made with their Honda new or old it could be anything little or big so people can avoid doing it please feel free to share what you done lol
I wash my car at the self wash because I don't want to risk anyone or anything scratching her.......I put the spray nozzle too close (apparently depth perception is not good) and accidentally scratched the paint. :(:( Immediately took her to the body shop and they fixed it while I waited. :headbang:

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
Should have leased it instead and be able to get rid of it after 3 years
Ouch. Perhaps, I am lucky, but I absolutely LOVE my Civic and that's the first car I can say that for including vs my Miata and our far more expensive Pilot. Leasing on the Civic actually IS a good deal since depreciation is so very low: I should know, I'm leasing mine :)

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'm trying to figure out mistake people have made with their Honda new or old it could be anything little or big so people can avoid doing it please feel free to share what you done lol
I've said this many times before in other threads but here for your benefit. Worst thing was not doing the oil changes myself. As I own the 1.5L turbo and the dealership put at least 4.5 quarts in, when 3.5 is called for. Also when I took it to Valvoline the girl in the pit did not put the 2 front screws on the bottom plate and it came down on the interstate.

The dealership removed my 4/48k (full refund) and gave me 96 month platnium for free, and Valvoline replaced the complete shroud and cover plate free of charge and a free oil change.

But still, i do all my changes from now on. Got a nice set of Rhino Ramps from my bro for christmas, and use Mobil 1 full synthetic 0W-20 and K&N filter. Valvoline put the old filter on so tight I had to literally rip it apart with channel locks until it would grip and turn.

Never trust anyone to do your basic maintenance, then even when major operations need to happen, take great care to find liscensed professionals who care about the work they do.
Lets face it, these mechanics get paid diddly squat, they don't care about the welfare of your vehicle for even minor maintenance issues. This is your new car, so lets keep ut running that way, okay?

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
D
I wash my car at the self wash because I don't want to risk anyone or anything scratching her.......I put the spray nozzle too close (apparently depth perception is not good) and accidentally scratched the paint. :(:( Immediately took her to the body shop and they fixed it while I waited. :headbang:
Did you take a picture if so I would love to see it because I do the same thing because it's winter time here can't wash it at home because it's way to much work lol

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've said this many times before in other threads but here for your benefit. Worst thing was not doing the oil changes myself. As I own the 1.5L turbo and the dealership put at least 4.5 quarts in, when 3.5 is called for. Also when I took it to Valvoline the girl in the pit did not put the 2 front screws on the bottom plate and it came down on the interstate.

The dealership removed my 4/48k (full refund) and gave me 96 month platnium for free, and Valvoline replaced the complete shroud and cover plate free of charge and a free oil change.

But still, i do all my changes from now on. Got a nice set of Rhino Ramps from my bro for christmas, and use Mobil 1 full synthetic 0W-20 and K&N filter. Valvoline put the old filter on so tight I had to literally rip it apart with channel locks until it would grip and turn.

Never trust anyone to do your basic maintenance, then even when major operations need to happen, take great care to find liscensed professionals who care about the work they do.
Lets face it, these mechanics get paid diddly squat, they don't care about the welfare of your vehicle for even minor maintenance issues. This is your new car, so lets keep ut running that way, okay?
That's the next thing I need to learn how to do I've watch video on how to do a oil change for the Civic I'm just a little scared I might fuck it up my first time owning a car but I'm a just go to my dealership and see how much it coast and ask if I'm allowed to watch because your right people don't treat things like it's their own they just do it for the money no matter good job or not

TinoMills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought that stupid all fit pro lip kit. spent an hour prepping for glue and it fell off 2 weeks later. The edges of the bumper arent all one level so it was never flush. $70 down the drain.

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic EX, 2016 Honda EX-TL Rallye Red
Country flag
D

Did you take a picture if so I would love to see it because I do the same thing because it's winter time here can't wash it at home because it's way to much work lol
I did not. I almost cried. But the body shop guy was a miracle worker and the scratch, which was about 5 inches long - is absolutely gone. And of course, I still wash my car myself but I am very careful now.

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did not. I almost cried. But the body shop guy was a miracle worker and the scratch, which was about 5 inches long - is absolutely gone. And of course, I still wash my car myself but I am very careful now.
yeah I'm very careful even when I park my car and I see someone parks to tight I take a picture of the plates just in case I treat my car like a baby
Sponsored