Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Black alcantara with red stitching. I'd say they fit nicely!

Honda Civic 10th gen Working with redlinegoods.com on custom armrests 2017_honda_civic_type_r_5_2560x1440
Sponsored

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They may fit the design, but it sounds like they won't fit physically in the Sedan and Coupe.
The door arm rests yes are two sized but for the console L and R armrest the ones in the screen shot will fit any new Civic those are on my next to do list as the stock fabric ones kinda suck

OP
OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
So I finally got the package (Thursday) and went to try and install things today.

Here are the "parts" as I received them (one of each, the symmetrical/complementary pieces and the center of console are not included) -- side of console on the left, door handle in the center and padding for it on the right:

Honda Civic 10th gen Working with redlinegoods.com on custom armrests upload_2017-9-30_19-4-2

The leather quality is really good, it's soft, and the color ('black') and stitching match the interior perfectly.

So I started with a door handle (with padding).

Took a bunch of "installation pics", but I don't think they are relevant here. I used some strips of double-sided tape to hold things in place, so that I can "stuff" the padding in and align everything the best I could.

Let me just show you where I stopped working on it, my sorry-ass "end result":

Honda Civic 10th gen Working with redlinegoods.com on custom armrests upload_2017-10-3_14-47-57

Here's the other side:

Honda Civic 10th gen Working with redlinegoods.com on custom armrests upload_2017-10-3_14-48-30

I have no idea what to do with those corners and bends, and that crinkle at the center of the top image. This is the first time I ever did anything like this with leather; I don't have any skills whatsoever in this area. As a side note, I think going with padding on that piece was a mistake, because the right side (on the top image) of that piece is so thin, it's very hard to make it fit properly.

After seeing that mess, I haven't even tried to do anything with the side parts of the console. They are even narrower and more strangely-shaped than the door handles, with even tighter/smaller corners at the edges.

So then I finally decided to install the console's center piece. And once I saw it, I immediately realized the mistake that I made from the beginning -- I should have started with this part, not with the "new stuff" (the side parts). My reasoning was, "they're selling the center piece already and people are happy with it, so I'll do it last because it'll be the easiest." And I was right -- it installed just fine, took me about 20 minutes (with a couple of leather cuts to accommodate the clips, and some double-sided tape to hold a few loose parts in place on the inside), and it looks great! This pic isn't doing it much justice (bad lighting), but here it is anyway:

Honda Civic 10th gen Working with redlinegoods.com on custom armrests upload_2017-9-30_19-12-45

(sorry about the duplicate, can't delete...)
Honda Civic 10th gen Working with redlinegoods.com on custom armrests upload_2017-9-30_19-20-16

However
, had I looked at that piece first, I wouldn't have even tried to start doing anything with the other ones. It made me realize that the other parts all have a serious problem.

Let me show you what I mean.

Here's is the center piece, and the part on which it goes:

Honda Civic 10th gen Working with redlinegoods.com on custom armrests upload_2017-10-3_14-48-58

See those extra stitches (red arrows) that they made to shape the leather parts to fit the curved edges of the console piece?

Well, here's what I got for all those other 4 side pieces (just showing one as an example, but they're all like that):

Honda Civic 10th gen Working with redlinegoods.com on custom armrests upload_2017-10-3_14-49-28

The leather at the edges is completely loose, there is no stitching at all to match the curvature of those edges!

It really looks like an unfinished product has been shipped.

I hope they took all the necessary measurements and can finish it properly with the data they have, because I would really hate to have to send those parts back to them again for further fitment/completion of work. Although if that's the only way, I would probably do it again, but only if they reimburse my shipping costs this time, because I haven't done anything wrong on my end, and I'd be looking at up to two more months of waiting.

I've been really looking forward to receiving/installing this, and I have to say I'm rather disappointed. At least the center piece is in place with leather on it, so that's good news...

I still want to make this work somehow, but the only way I can see it happening with the pieces I have here would be to go to a professional upholsterer locally, which would cost way too much (i.e. I can't afford it), which was the main reason why I went with these guys in the first place.

[Most of the above is basically a slightly-edited version of an email I sent them earlier. Will let you know what they say.]

P.S. :mad::banghead::(...:)

P.P.S. Edited to re-insert the images...

Last edited:

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Country flag
Looks really good I have these same pieces coming also in the next couple of weeks hopefully! Well I meant I have all the ones for the door arm rests, I didn't buy the one for the center console yet but I see what you mean.

OP
OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Looks really good I have these same pieces coming also in the next couple of weeks hopefully! Well I meant I have all the ones for the door arm rests, I didn't buy the one for the center console yet but I see what you mean.
You have "these same pieces" coming from where, redlinegoods.com?

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Country flag
I bought mine on eBay along with a lot of carbon fiber interior parts but they come slow boat from China apparently. I will post after I receive everything and install the parts.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dang it! This sucks to hear that you are disappointed with the quality of work on the pieces. Definitely not good to hear. The only pic I can see is the center console the others pics are not showing up. Can you re attach them again? @dmitri

Really interested to see what they say. I was waiting to see how it turned out for you so I can order mine. And also, you having to wait another 2 months for any modifications is crap by them. Seriously. You started this process beginning of August and we are now into October. I hope they make it right.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
This sucks to hear that you are disappointed with the quality of work on the pieces.
I'm really hoping they just mailed incomplete work by mistake somehow. Just to reiterate -- the leather quality and the "main" red stitching is great; just the extra stitching at the edges (to give it proper shape to "hug" the parts) is missing.

The only pic I can see is the center console the others pics are not showing up. Can you re attach them again?
I'm not sure how to do that; if I try to delete/re-attach, I'm pretty sure I'll have duplicates... I can see them fine (presuming they attached OK) -- anyone else has a problem with them? I can try to PM you the pics separately...

And also, you having to wait another 2 months for any modifications is crap by them.
To clarify, that was one of the possibilities I suggested that might be taking place. I'm hoping that is not the case obviously, and that they took all the measurements they needed to make the parts already.

Will post here as soon as I hear anything.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also can't see half the pictures on desktop or mobile.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure how to do that; if I try to delete/re-attach, I'm pretty sure I'll have duplicates... I can see them fine (presuming they attached OK) -- anyone else has a problem with them? I can try to PM you the pics separately...
Yeah can you please PM the pics so I can further see what you are talking about. Since only two pics show.

jian9007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So I finally got the package (Thursday) and went to try and install things today.

Here are the "parts" as I received them (one of each, the symmetrical/complementary pieces and the center of console are not included) -- side of console on the left, door handle in the center and padding for it on the right:

upload_2017-9-30_19-4-2.png

The leather quality is really good, it's soft, and the color ('black') and stitching match the interior perfectly.

So I started with a door handle (with padding).

Took a bunch of "installation pics", but I don't think they are relevant here. I used some strips of double-sided tape to hold things in place, so that I can "stuff" the padding in and align everything the best I could.

Let me just show you where I stopped working on it, my sorry-ass "end result":

Honda Civic 10th gen Working with redlinegoods.com on custom armrests {filename}

Here's the other side:

Honda Civic 10th gen Working with redlinegoods.com on custom armrests {filename}

I have no idea what to do with those corners and bends, and that crinkle at the center of the top image. This is the first time I ever did anything like this with leather; I don't have any skills whatsoever in this area. As a side note, I think going with padding on that piece was a mistake, because the right side (on the top image) of that piece is so thin, it's very hard to make it fit properly.

After seeing that mess, I haven't even tried to do anything with the side parts of the console. They are even narrower and more strangely-shaped than the door handles, with even tighter/smaller corners at the edges.

So then I finally decided to install the console's center piece. And once I saw it, I immediately realized the mistake that I made from the beginning -- I should have started with this part, not with the "new stuff" (the side parts). My reasoning was, "they're selling the center piece already and people are happy with it, so I'll do it last because it'll be the easiest." And I was right -- it installed just fine, took me about 20 minutes (with a couple of leather cuts to accommodate the clips, and some double-sided tape to hold a few loose parts in place on the inside), and it looks great! This pic isn't doing it much justice (bad lighting), but here it is anyway:

(sorry about the duplicate, can't delete...)

However
, had I looked at that piece first, I wouldn't have even tried to start doing anything with the other ones. It made me realize that the other parts all have a serious problem.

Let me show you what I mean.

Here's is the center piece, and the part on which it goes:

See those extra stitches (red arrows) that they made to shape the leather parts to fit the curved edges of the console piece?

Well, here's what I got for all those other 4 side pieces (just showing one as an example, but they're all like that):

The leather at the edges is completely loose, there is no stitching at all to match the curvature of those edges!

It really looks like an unfinished product has been shipped.

I hope they took all the necessary measurements and can finish it properly with the data they have, because I would really hate to have to send those parts back to them again for further fitment/completion of work. Although if that's the only way, I would probably do it again, but only if they reimburse my shipping costs this time, because I haven't done anything wrong on my end, and I'd be looking at up to two more months of waiting.

I've been really looking forward to receiving/installing this, and I have to say I'm rather disappointed. At least the center piece is in place with leather on it, so that's good news...

I still want to make this work somehow, but the only way I can see it happening with the pieces I have here would be to go to a professional upholsterer locally, which would cost way too much (i.e. I can't afford it), which was the main reason why I went with these guys in the first place.

[Most of the above is basically a slightly-edited version of an email I sent them earlier. Will let you know what they say.]

P.S. :mad::banghead::(...:)
It does suck that you got the unfinished parts. I quoted your post with this reply so you could see that for most of us, we can only see the first three pics (one of which is a duplicate, as you know, since you referenced it as such in the original post).

OP
OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Really weird because I see them fine, here's the scaled-down screenshot of your post above:

Honda Civic 10th gen Working with redlinegoods.com on custom armrests upload_2017-10-3_14-45-5

Imma try re-inserting them though, hopefully that'll work...

P.S. Done; and I think I know what happened there -- that was a copy-paste from my email and looks like instead of copying the images it instead copied links to their Gmail attachments, which of course nobody else could see but me... If that was the problem, y'all should see them now in the above/original post.

Last edited:

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for uploading them again. I do see what you are talking about, but this got me thinking. Their work isn't mass produced but instead customized so to speak so each order is handled individually. Could it be that you just got a bad one? You pointing this out to them works out regardless but I could see them sending you a replacement for it or at least a discounted price.

Do they provide the tape and such to install this or is that something you used personally? I know right now I am starting with the center console and once I see how that works I wanna do the arm rests. The leather might just need time to stretch out but that bend on the arm rest would bother me lol

I also know that when I was e-mailing them they were very quick to respond. They won't start selling these until you upload the installation guide, right?
Sponsored