2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
As @chiefbrody mentioned, you're looking up the hatch. Coupe and hatch have "normal" pricing, but for the the sedan that part has an error in their database, which of course propagated to all the outlets/dealers.
I have a friend on another Honda forum that "knows people at Honda". Whether or not he knows the right people who can correct this is yet to be seen, but I'm going to gather up information on prices and parts numbers this evening to send to him and see if he can help. I'm hopeful, but not confident. I'd like to have OEM parts.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Will do. I'll know once @dmitri i posts it up.
Still waiting for them to finish/ship it... They were "on skeleton crew" for a while, then on the 28th supposed to have been fully staffed/back to regular work schedule, and said they would ship by end of the month. Last email communication was on Aug 31st where they apologized (again) for the delay and said "we'll ship it ASAP!"

I'll ping them again re. status/shipment confirmation/tracking number (if available) in a couple days if I don't hear anything by then.

I think I'm beginning to get used to the plastic bits sticking out from the passenger side door panel and console, they are gradually appearing more and more like a genuine/original feature of the interior design... Until my wife gets in the car and asks when those are getting covered... :)

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Wait so can we install the sport touring arm rests on the Si sedan?? Or are Sedan owners completely out of luck?

OP
OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I don't know for sure, but I think I read in the main forum a while back that someone tried and they didn't fit... :confused: They are different part numbers AFAIK.

squareback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si sedan, plus a bunch of Hondas and a GMC tow vehicle
Country flag
Wait so can we install the sport touring arm rests on the Si sedan?? Or are Sedan owners completely out of luck?
The hatchback arm rests do NOT fit the sedan. I have no idea why the sedan parts are ridiculously priced while the coupe and hatchback parts are normal. It's stupid, and it's the whole reason we have to go through this aftermarket process.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As some of you might know I've been looking to replace the cloth armrests (both on the front doors and the center console) for a while.

Options considered:
  • Get correspondent Honda leather parts from the EX-L or Touring.
    • Problem: as mentioned earlier, Honda's price for the door armrests for sedan is (presumably erroneously) several times that of the price for the same parts for coupe and hatch. Plus, it's vinyl/fake leather.
  • Get a local upholstery shop to do a custom wrap.
    • Problem: quoted several hundred (close to a thousand) dollars. No-thank-you.
  • Find a third-party wrap online.
    • Problem: the car is so new that there aren't many choices out there, and most I found (on eBay) seem cheap and the sellers look kind of dodgy, and most are apparently in China/Hong Kong.
So as I mentioned on this thread earlier, I contacted redlinegoods.com (who seem to have a really good rap) and they said they'd work with me to make them "for free". By "them" I mean the two "side" pieces of the console, and the front door armrests -- they do already make/sell the center piece of the console.

The "for free" part included me sending them the actual parts so that they can take all the measurements and test-fit, and also writing up the "how-to" guide with pics that they can put up on their website.

So on Saturday I took both of them off (for the passenger side only, since they are both 100% symmetrical) and this morning mailed them to RedlineGoods who, as it turned out, is located in Poland. Wasn't a cheap shipment (this was via USPS International Priority Mail), but they seemed like really nice and reasonable folks in the email exchanges, so I just went with that; pretty much on good faith...

upload_2017-7-24_11-16-24.png

upload_2017-7-24_11-17-59.png

They said it'll take them about a month, so I'll be without the two armrest pieces for a while, but I almost never have passengers so it should be fine.

I will update this when I have the parts back, and will also post the "how to" pics and guide here. (Took me about 30 minutes, and it's my first-ever door panel removal, so it actually was much easier/faster than I expected.)

Anyway, just thought I'd "keep track" of this little endeavor here on the forum, and keep y'all updated, since if this does work out -- there'll be a nice real-leather option for our cars, that would be reasonably priced and (presumably) of very good quality.
Honda Civic 10th gen Working with redlinegoods.com on custom armrests arm rests

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These are 2017 Type R L an R arm rests Alcantara wrapped.. hope this helps!

OP
OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
These are 2017 Type R L an R arm rests Alcantara wrapped.. hope this helps!
Thanks, but several people (one, by @squareback, is just a couple of posts above) mentioned that hatchback's armrests don't match the Si sedan... I would imagine the same to be true for Type R.
Sponsored