preeble

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
T4R
Country flag
I just took delivery yesterday of #5412 in Championship White and live in the Lehigh Valley, PA (1 hour north of Philly). I was so excited about the car and playing around with it that I didn't take pics. Will post once I get off my cloud...

I called around to a bunch of dealers within a 150 mile radius (NYC, Long Island, NJ, PA) with no luck finding a dealer to sell me a car at retail. I don't have a relationship with my local dealer - if I did I would have tried hard to leverage my purchase history to get the car for as close to retail as possible. Alas, I did pay a $4k ADM. About half the dealers I interacted with were steadfast on charging a $10k ADM and the other half were looking for a $5k ADM. In the end, a car is worth what a buyer is willing to pay and I am OK with paying what I did.

I am a noob to the performance Honda world and am excited to dive in. I won't be modifying the car extensively and will only be driving it in 'fair weather', but I will enjoy the warm week ahead of us in the Northeast! So far, I'm liking the black lug nuts and the clear side markers.

One question for the group here - I'm not sure if this has been addressed. Are the car numbers sequential? In other words, was my 5412 produced right after 5411? Does anyone know what the worldwide 2017 model year run will be (my manufacture date was 7/17 on the door sill).

Besides that, I'm liking the fact that I can connect two devices to the car via Bluetooth (one for phone use and one for music streaming). I also like that my Yeti fits in the cupholder! Best of all, the car is a hoot to drive, even when taking is easy for the first 600 miles.

A couple of dislikes: I would have liked Homelink for my garage door (I will just have to mount a clicker to my visor), a 12V socket in the back seat would have been nice and the bass response in the car is terrible (I've seen the thread about replacing the sub with a new speaker, so I may try that). I get it - all of these add weight, something which is not good for a sports car (that is why I didn't gripe about the lack of a dimming rear-view mirror, lane change assist, parking assist and ACC).

Again, will post pictures once I get around to taking them, but super excited to be an owner!
Sponsored

TypeRDoc

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
I just took delivery yesterday of #5412 in Championship White and live in the Lehigh Valley, PA (1 hour north of Philly). I was so excited about the car and playing around with it that I didn't take pics. Will post once I get off my cloud...

I called around to a bunch of dealers within a 150 mile radius (NYC, Long Island, NJ, PA) with no luck finding a dealer to sell me a car at retail. I don't have a relationship with my local dealer - if I did I would have tried hard to leverage my purchase history to get the car for as close to retail as possible. Alas, I did pay a $4k ADM. About half the dealers I interacted with were steadfast on charging a $10k ADM and the other half were looking for a $5k ADM. In the end, a car is worth what a buyer is willing to pay and I am OK with paying what I did.

I am a noob to the performance Honda world and am excited to dive in. I won't be modifying the car extensively and will only be driving it in 'fair weather', but I will enjoy the warm week ahead of us in the Northeast! So far, I'm liking the black lug nuts and the clear side markers.

One question for the group here - I'm not sure if this has been addressed. Are the car numbers sequential? In other words, was my 5412 produced right after 5411? Does anyone know what the worldwide 2017 model year run will be (my manufacture date was 7/17 on the door sill).

Besides that, I'm liking the fact that I can connect two devices to the car via Bluetooth (one for phone use and one for music streaming). I also like that my Yeti fits in the cupholder! Best of all, the car is a hoot to drive, even when taking is easy for the first 600 miles.

A couple of dislikes: I would have liked Homelink for my garage door (I will just have to mount a clicker to my visor), a 12V socket in the back seat would have been nice and the bass response in the car is terrible (I've seen the thread about replacing the sub with a new speaker, so I may try that). I get it - all of these add weight, something which is not good for a sports car (that is why I didn't gripe about the lack of a dimming rear-view mirror, lane change assist, parking assist and ACC).

Again, will post pictures once I get around to taking them, but super excited to be an owner!
congrats. #4079 black here. NJ! Good luck with it !

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)