Winter driving

Chadsama

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord lx
Curious how many of you guys/gals are getting a winter wheel setup vs getting a winter beater?
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'm getting a winter wheel setup.
Honda Civic 10th gen Winter driving upload_2017-8-21_9-57-54

Haven't picked wheels yet.

HeathRorie

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
I know I'm going down to 18s. I just haven't decided if I'm going to get all-season tires on the 18s and keep them or try to swap back to the 20s after the snow has passed. Curious what everyone else is doing. I live in Denver so the snow gets bad.

SpicyMcFatburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1976 Datsun 280Z
Country flag
I might be the opposite of everyone else, but I'm getting snow tires for the 20s and hopefully getting a nicer set of 18s or 19s for warm-weather duty. Ohio's winters can be bad, but they're inconsistent. I'm more concerned with being a stock wheel on potholes during the warm months, so I'd like to go down in wheel size and run a better performance tire with a larger sidewall.

SalemTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own: ‘17 PMM CTR, 2013 White Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Live in wet country with a small snow storm here & there. Going to change out to 19's w/all seasons (that got a good wet rating) for the winter months then back to the stock tires for summer. We got good roads here so not too concerned about potholes. Did take the conti's off the other day and found very small pebbles embedded into the tires working there way into possibly causing a flat! "Damn these are soft tires" So, I'll be checking for that every once in a while to get those removed. Otherwise I'm ready for winter, bring it on. Noooo wait summer stay for a couple more months pleeeeeeese.
Honda Civic 10th gen Winter driving IMG_0838.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Winter driving IMG_0840.JPG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Si
Live in wet country with a small snow storm here & there. Going to change out to 19's w/all seasons (that got a good wet rating) for the winter months then back to the stock tires for summer. We got good roads here so not too concerned about potholes. Did take the conti's off the other day and found very small pebbles embedded into the tires working there way into possibly causing a flat! "Damn these are soft tires" So, I'll be checking for that every once in a while to get those removed. Otherwise I'm ready for winter, bring it on. Noooo wait summer stay for a couple more months pleeeeeeese.
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0840.JPG
Have you ever ran these tires before? I have had multiple sets on my former CRZ and on my current Si. Great tire for the price if you ask me...

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0840.JPG

I’m considering too A/S tires instead of winter ones. It is not too much of a gamble with a good set of A/S during winter time here in Chicago. I have had good experience with the Conti DWS & the 06 one, but it is so tempting to drive this car in the snow with snow tires, I’m sure the car will feel on rails. But if doenst snow, you get screw with a mushy tire that under perform under regular clean roads conditions. #weatherforecastsucks :D

OP
OP

Chadsama

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord lx
I know I'm going down to 18s. I just haven't decided if I'm going to get all-season tires on the 18s and keep them or try to swap back to the 20s after the snow has passed. Curious what everyone else is doing. I live in Denver so the snow gets bad.
I'm in the same boat as you. Debating on getting 18s with a/s or winter. I Live in New England.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'm in the same boat as you. Debating on getting 18s with a/s or winter. I Live in New England.
Damn the way the roads are in and around Boston, I think you have to go 18's. I was up there in Feb and so glad I flew in and didn't have to subject my car to that abuse. Even the interstate has skateboard sized craters.

OP
OP

Chadsama

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord lx
Damn the way the roads are in and around Boston, I think you have to go 18's. I was up there in Feb and so glad I flew in and didn't have to subject my car to that abuse. Even the interstate has skateboard sized craters.
Man I try my best to dodge potholes but you can't dodge them all, it's so painful when you hit one unexpectedly. Super paranoid about denting the wheels. The roads here suck!

Acurately

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3G Acura TL, 1G Acura MDX
Country flag
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0840.JPG
Nice, how do they look on a car? any pictures?
Sponsored