Why I chose a Civic EX-T over a Q50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Coupe, 2017 Juke
Country flag
So my old lease is up and I was looking for lease deals. Last week I drove the Honda and yesterday I test drove the Q50 3.0t Signature AWD. (999 down, 289 month, 1,600 in fees.)

The Q pulled really hard. A real beast. AWD really put down the power well, but it was rough around the edges. Engine was rough, cabin noise was higher than I think a car at this price point should be, and it was lacking features as well.

No remote start, no heated seats, no digital MPH display on the dash, no apple play, no lane assist or any new safety features. The real kicker? No spare tire! Run flats and roadside assistance?!? Yea, ok. I live in New England. Screws in your tires is a way of life here.

Anyway, after all said and done, price was the ultimate factor. The Q worked out to 380/mo for 39 months with nothing out of pocket, and the EX-T coupe is 247/mo for 36 months. Oh, and I have 12k/yr on the Honda, only 10k/yr with the Infiniti.

So, I pick up my new Aegean Blue coupe tomorrow. No regrets, baby.
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw a Q60 on the road the other day. Starts at 34k or something. Way overpriced.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Good choice. The Q series is just underwhelming as a package, especially when you compare it against the competition.

basilpesto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring 2D OWP
Country flag
Good choice. The Q series is just underwhelming as a package, especially when you compare it against the competition.
As a package, yeah, but the curb appeal though. It's a real head turner, but then again, so is my civic :thumbsup:

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
As an Infiniti owner I don't think you really can compare price of an Infiniti to honda. But that's beside the point. Both cars you chose to look at are great in my opinion. But what doesn't make sense to me is I'm pretty sure everything your saying the car doesn't have it does, they may have stuck you in a base model. Also infiniti from a business perspective while it wrongs the consumer I guess, don't know how to phrase it, they want to hold their cars value higher so their lease would be for less miles. For nothing down at 389 that's not bad in my opinion, but that couldn't have been top of the line q50.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Remote start and heated seats come with the Premium Plus Package.
A spare tire is available with the Spare Tire Package.

It's also supposed to be easy to modify to get power near the 400HP version, and 0-60 in the mid 4's.

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
Remote start and heated seats come with the Premium Plus Package.
A spare tire is available with the Spare Tire Package.

It's also supposed to be easy to modify to get power near the 400HP version, and 0-60 in the mid 4's.
Ahh ok. I get what u guys are saying for the name that comes on the car infiniti the package is shitty