Why do you cover/blur your license plate?

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see people posting photos all over the internet and their license plates are covered up or it's blurred and i don't understand. What are you hiding, it's on your car and everyone you drive past as well as everyone who sees your car in person sees it. Whats the purpose of hiding something that is shown off in public for anyone to see? It's just a license plate not your social security number lol
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I requested not to blur plates and didn't go well. LOL

As I said on my thread, if I love your CivicX I would like to have a copy to save, a collection.

I just find it ironic especially the last few years with social media exploding, sharing every detail about their lives but not their plates. As they say to each own.

I still don't get what one can do with my plates, seriously reporting a hit & run? Okay.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
In this day and age of social engineering, you can't be too safe lol.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I see people posting photos all over the internet and their license plates are covered up or it's blurred and i don't understand. What are you hiding, it's on your car and everyone you drive past as well as everyone who sees your car in person sees it. Whats the purpose of hiding something that is shown off in public for anyone to see? It's just a license plate not your social security number lol
no one with any brains would show their license plate on line.

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
I thought it was so you could avoid paying tolls (theft) and avoid red light tickets.

Otherwise, in my mind, if your in public, there's no expectation of privacy. If the government wants to track my every move in a manner more efficient than a physical person following me, so be it. It means they are do the same with actual bad people committing serious crimes, and that makes me feel safer. Is it a slippery slope, yes, potentially, but that why we have the ability to vote for all the representatives that control funding of these projects and organizations that operate the equipment.

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Because I don't want anyone on an online Forum to be able to look me up. Yes anyone you drive by in person sees it but there is no way to connect that to a Forum unless you have your user name on a bumper sticker or something.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not really a big deal to me. I’d like to run into someone from the forums in person. That would be nice. I post on many type of forums. Privacy can be an issue to some and I respect that.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Report a hit and run with your plate number
Somebody called mine in and said I was driving my WRX in the median . Of course I wasn't but got stopped and questioned none the less.:crazy:

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Not really a big deal to me. I’d like to run into someone from the forums in person. That would be nice. I post on many type of forums. Privacy can be an issue to some and I respect that.
I'm up for a get together

Honda Civic 10th gen Why do you cover/blur your license plate? crazy-person

OP
OP
RallyeeRedAZ

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
no one with any brains would show their license plate on line.
But it still confuses me that anyone in public can see it. Every time you're at a red light do you watch everyone behind to to make sure they cant see your plate or they aren't taking a photo of it?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
not sure how many people are affected by this, but i have seen images of my car used in ebay postings without my permission. i have also seen several memebers from this forum with thier civics images used on ebay postings for chinese sellers, not sure if they asked their permession or not.

point is, if someone is gonna use my picture without permission, i would rather not have my license posted on a site like ebay for the whole world to see.
Sponsored