Why are there Honda Haters???

GT Content

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSX
Honda is such a good manufacturer, but there are haters out there. I just wanted to let you guys know in this video my perspective on Honda haters. What do you guys think?

Sponsored

Yosemite Sam

Honda was my first car brand and probably my last!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I wasn't really aware of the hate until I started getting more involved with the car communities online. In general out in the real world all I hear is positive things about Honda!

CanineGunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
I've gotten a lot of flak for choosing a Honda. Got into several arguments with family members about it. They seem to hate Honda just because it started in Japan.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
I usually just point at their Japanese TV set.:) There's a hate group for everything nowadays...

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same reason there are Subaru, Evo, Audi and BMW haters. But it's hard to hate a cheap car that you can turn into a 10-12 second quarter mile rocket.

Tuishimi

Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, Rally Red, 6 spd manual
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen the "haters" that comment in car magazine reviews of the civic and just youtube channel civic reviews in general. Some of them are brutal. And you know what? I don't care. lol!

Yosemite Sam

Honda was my first car brand and probably my last!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I've seen the "haters" that comment in car magazine reviews of the civic and just youtube channel civic reviews in general. Some of them are brutal. And you know what? I don't care. lol!
Yep, apparently I am driving the ugliest car that was ever designed, next to the Prius of course! Oh, and don't get them started about the fake plastic vents. OH THE HUMANITY!! Am I the only one that understands beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my taste in cars should mean diddly squat to any other person on this Earth and vice versa?

Astray50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hmm, I don't think it's just those points either that do end up creating the type of hate for any brand. There's also the idea that because of how some drivers are with their "style" of driving (being really aggressive, causing potential accidents, tailgating as such examples) and by chance that they are also driving a Honda (or any make really) that also reinforces the hate for a particular brand. Seems to be a bit more common in my area with this scenario.

DrGiggleFr1tz

I love me some hatch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
You hear people rag on them all the time online, especially Civics. Most of the time it's VTech jokes. Usually the haters will always agree though that they're cheap to fix and reliable

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
I hate haters. :innocent: