Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$39,000
-$2,208 6% PA sales tax
=$36,792 selling price

That's about $2,000 over MSRP - perhaps he purchased some accessories or a warranty, but that would seem strange for a salesman to do.
Yeah that makes sense, but $2,000 is better then the $20,000 ADM i saw here in Arizona.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I wouldn't buy another one if same thing happened to me . Maybe CTR is just not a lucky item to him . My $0.02 .

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so.. anyway to part out his car or does he surrender it to the insurance company or something?

uokrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic WOP Ex-T, 2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
Country flag
This just pisses me off. Same thing happened to me with my 8th gen SI. People need to start paying attention and get off their damn phones! What sucks more is that I live in Michigan with a no-fault insurance state. Even when you are not at fault, your insurance pays to fix your car and your rate goes up. If I can't see your headlight, you're too close!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
so.. anyway to part out his car or does he surrender it to the insurance company or something?
Based on the photos and perhaps even more unfortunate to the buyer, I don't believe the car is a total loss - especially if there was no airbag deployment. Unless there is major frame damage that cannot be pulled back into spec, it looks to be about a $15-20K repair job - not enough to total a $35K car.

If it is totaled, it belongs to the insurance company who may give him the option to retain it, but people rarely do that. It's a lot of hassle for most people to disassemble and sell individual parts and come out ahead.

If it's not totaled and considering this guy is a car salesman, I bet he dumps it as soon as he can. Look out for R-03390! The "R" stands for "rebuilt". ;)

Right after the 2nd gen Ridgelines went on sale last year, a guy bought a $43K Black Edition. Days later at 400 miles, he was rear-ended by a distracted girl driving a Red Bull company vehicle who pushed him into another vehicle. The front and rear of the Ridgeline required rebuilding at a cost of $25K. Insurance would not total the truck and Red Bull would not replace it.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...ne-2g-2017/137809-well-did-not-take-long.html

Last edited:

CHAMPIONSHIPWHITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRZ,S2000,CTR,PASSPORT
Country flag

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good question, I guess I can ask him. He did have to fly right? is it possible he needed to take care of financing and maybe plan the trip to go out there?
Yeah it could be possible I know this just happened yesterday, he left sometime in AM and was driving home in the evening when the accident happened.

IamMrRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 HRV, 18 Wrangler JK, 17 Wrangler JKU, 07 Pilot, 06 Chevy Express, 02 Chry PTC, 01 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Country flag
This just pisses me off. Same thing happened to me with my 8th gen SI. People need to start paying attention and get off their damn phones! What sucks more is that I live in Michigan with a no-fault insurance state. Even when you are not at fault, your insurance pays to fix your car and your rate goes up. If I can't see your headlight, you're too close!
We have no-fault in MA also. What no one tells you is that when you receive your notice of premium rate increase you challenge it and go to court. You tell the judge what happened and he can award in your favor then the insurance company cannot raise your premium. I mean it is insurance after all and we pay for years with no claims. They should pay when something happens and it is not really your fault even if the no-fault rules kick in and your company pays out. I wish I knew this 20 years ago. For what it is worth to you.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 V6 6 SPEED COUPE ACCORD
that car isnt totaled.
The insurance company will find a place to have it fixed with a rental for 3 months while they fix the rear end and front then reblend the gray paint.
It will never look the same with a factory paint job.

I have had a suspension completely ripped out from hitting a 3 ft curb in a celica when some jackass slammed on his brakes. The car was worth 25k but USAA managed to say it was repairable at 22k

I guess i was a young stupid bastard to believe this and accept it. What was funny too is when i got it back to test drive it the steering wheel when turned either left or right would just stay there and not turn back. The mechanic said this was normal WTF.
Been driving for over 20 years and never had a major accident with another vehicle. If i were this guy i would have taken the ambulance and sued the mother F. for 15k on top of my crashed car