Who's a Five Footer Here?

drauma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX (6MT), 03 Civic LX (5MT-gone)
Country flag
My wife is 5’ flat, maybe a touch shorter. She didn’t bother coming with me for the test drive, and now we have the issue that she can’t see, because the car is so much bigger. When the seat is at its highest, she’s at eye level!

Are there any comfortable pads which could raise the seat height? There are a lot on the market, but I prefer word-of-mouth since I don’t have a lot of time for window shopping.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Knoxgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX T
I may be about an inch taller than your wife and have the same problem with almost every car I've driven, with the exception of my various Civics and my Subaru. Can't recommend any comfortable pads but was wondering if she played around with different seat and steering wheel settings. In my 2016 Civic EX T, I initially had my seat at its highest setting with the seat fairly close to the steering wheel. I could see fine but felt cramped against the steering wheel, which is set low. I found I could see perfectly and sit more comfortably when I moved my seat back a notch or two, lowered the seat a bit, but put the seat back almost straight up.

OP
OP
drauma

drauma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LOL she actually uses one of the kids' seats when she's in the passenger seat. She's literally eye level to the top of the dash with the seat raised up!

Hugh Jazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I use to have an aunt that used a square couch pillow to set on when she was driving. She was short too. Cheap& easy. :dunno:

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have a height problem (72"), but as a pilot I have to spend hours sitting.

I have a pad from: http://gelcoproducts.com/

I've used it every work day for 10 years and it still looks like new. I have the silicone pad for comfort, but they have a variety of products.

It may be a bit expensive, but it's truely a case of getting what you pay in their case.

Skips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda fit
Exactly 5 foot here I bring the seat all the way up and that's usually enough for me. Haven't had any issues :)

quixote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I'm the same as Knox and she's right. A notch back, at the tallest height and the back of the seat tilted all the way up. I don't know why they restricted how high the seats can be raised but this isn't perfect, even with setting it up this way.

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
5'3".....seats are great. Still have a few notches to go before the seat is all the way forward. I have it cranked fully down to the floor and still have good height/site lines.

Knoxgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX T
The weird thing for me about sitting at the highest seat height was that the left arm rest was way below my arm. I could see great, but the arm rest was level with my leg. So, I lowered the seat a pump or two and straightened the seat back, which I think is the key. It's not perfect but better.

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Wait...our seats can adjust higher? or are we talking about forward? I have a LX so maybe that option isn't avail in the LX

bcthai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 1.8EL
My wife is about 5 feet and with the power driver seat all the way up, she still has trouble seeing. Hence, she's not allowed to drive it until I get a cushion. Any old cushion that gives her a few more inches will do, I reckon.

OP
OP
drauma

drauma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wait...our seats can adjust higher? or are we talking about forward? I have a LX so maybe that option isn't avail in the LX
Mine is an LX and it's manually height adjustable.

It could be psychological for my wife as well. She's used to our minivan and our old 03 Civic which was a lot smaller. I've suggested playing with pillows and cushions from the house and she hasn't jumped at the idea. She just may not be comfortable with the sight lines in this car. I've completely lowered the seat AND cranked it all the way up to compare. Feels like two different cars! I'm 6' flat, for the record.
Sponsored