Who wants my BS Type R? Charlotte, NC

erzipperer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 miata
Country flag
*EDIT: Everything is already worked out with the dealer, car is going to someone else. Thread can be deleted. Thanks

I have a deposit down on a Blue Type R for $1,500 over MSRP. The car just came in yesterday and I have had a change of heart so I would like to give dibs to someone on this forum. Preferably local NC resident. Shoot me a message if you are interested and please only do so if you are 100% serious about buying it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why the change of heart, may I ask?

Boba Debt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Long Bed, 2017 WRX STi
Country flag
He probably realizes he will be able to buy the cars he wants at a discounted price in 2-3 years once Honda releases all of the variants.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He probably realizes he will be able to buy the cars he wants at a discounted price in 2-3 years once Honda releases all of the variants.
I could say the same thing about any new car... This is my take: I've been driving typical commuter cars for years now; V6 Accord coupe and now sedan. CTR is new to USA, looks to be fun as hell, and is not terribly priced at MSRP for what you get. When my car arrives at the dealership next week I was told I will be able to buy it at MSRP. If they give me a bad trade offer and try to add ADM then I'll walk away. Not a big deal. If it goes well, then I will have my first sports car ever and I'm sure it will be a ton of fun. We can't just keep waiting for the next best thing because there will always be something better in 2-3 years if you want it brand new.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Why not just give it up to the next person in line? If you were 2nd in line anywhere else and the first buyer backed out only to give it to someone 'they know', you'd be pissed since second in line doesn't mean anything anymore.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
I would love to, however I won't because I would quite possibly be sleeping on the couch for multiple years :-D.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Most likely scenario is that it was a non-refundable deposit and would loose that money if it went to the next person in line
What a load of shit. You people know what you signed up for...

OP
OP

erzipperer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 miata
Country flag
Why not just give it up to the next person in line? If you were 2nd in line anywhere else and the first buyer backed out only to give it to someone 'they know', you'd be pissed since second in line doesn't mean anything anymore.
"If ya ain't first, yir last." Mind your own business.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just personal financial reasons. I am sure I would love the car, wanted a Type R Honda since I was 16.
Always better to be wise with the money. Your avatar says you have a 2017 CTR :(

Boba Debt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Long Bed, 2017 WRX STi
Country flag
I'm wondering if this guy is trying to get more then his deposit to let someone else buy it.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Mind your own business
Yet, posts a deposit takeover on a public forum without wanting to be scrutinized for it. Give me a break.

OP
OP

erzipperer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 miata
Country flag
Yet, posts a deposit takeover on a public forum without wanting to be scrutinized for it. Give me a break.
I'm not sure what satisfaction you get out of scrutinizing someone else's situation when you don't have any facts but if it makes you happy, I feel bad for you. I am just trying to help out fellow enthusiasts looking for a car.
Sponsored