Who is here paying 50k for a civic?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I don't think anyone on here will admit to it for fear of being flamed... could we have a no-flame rule on replies to this question?

OP
OP

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
I understand the 10k adm if this car was only produced one year and only 1000 or so cars. Type R is not a "limited" model, its just another line up in the Civic family.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP, set up an anonymous poll...I think we can do that with this board format...
set it up like
MSRP
+0-2000
+2000-5000
+5000-8000
etc etc and see what the breakdown is.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Its probably some celebrity thats too good to be seen at a Honda dealer..... Jay Leno? Or did he get one already?

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
Just because you can't fathom people paying 10k ADM, doesn't mean you should consider it stupid for others.

Can you get this car for a lot less? Sure - but you might have to wait.
Is there a good reason why they spent the money? Yes, it was a hard to obtain car for some. If you joined late, you would've never seen any light if you wanted MSRP.

10k Is disposable for some. One person around here paid 10k ADM, but they also had an M3 amongst other things. 10k in a 150k~ already spent on vehicles... see how less significant that becomes?

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
I started saying what I'm going to say on other threads lately as I have seen a lot of us bashing people willing to pay high ADM. I was doing it too but honestly, I don't think we're being fair.

For sure, I feel bad for those that are paying high ADM because they bought into the "you're never ever going to be able to get one unless you pay $15K extra" dealer BS, but that isn't the only reason people are paying ADM.

Some of us are paying ADM because they just have to have one NOW! The hype is such that this is really for many the only way to get one. Not everyone was able to secure an MSRP deal months ago. Some that did even had their DB dealers back out on them! The way I'm starting to look at it now, is that if you paid ADM that shows me your passion for this car is even higher than mine... and mine is off the chart.

Instead of making these people feel bad for paying ADM, maybe we should congratulate them for their passion for the car. Let them enjoy their damn cars! We sure as hell aren't having as much fun sitting here wishing for one as they are driving one.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't know from experience, but I'd guess the person paying 10k adm is probably also the same person who will daily the car, park it among other cars at the grocery store, and take it to the car wash weekly. I can't imagine anyone paying extra to exclusively race the car because 5-10k buys a lot of consumables.
Sponsored