Which car was 2nd on the list?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3699
  • Start date
  • Watchers 45

Deleted member 3699

1. I am just curious as to which car did your civic model beat out? Excluding a different trim. What did you almost go for?

2. What was the defining reason/factor?

Mine was the 2017 Subaru BRZ. The car is tops in my books to drive but the cost was too high. Thousands more pre taxes than my OTD civic. One day though. One day.
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I saw the concept, I honestly didn't even consider another brand. But I'm biased, I've driven only Honda's since 1985. I would have never bought the 8th or 9th gen, hated the styling.

bsirk3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EXL with sensing Ordered.
I currently have a 2007 CRV and was looking to get something a bit less mom-ish yet still practical. I started looking at the HRV but just couldn't get myself to love it. I knew the hatches were coming so I waited...so glad I did. Just ordered my '17 hatch EXL with sensing, WOP/2 tone.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3699

When I saw the concept, I honestly didn't even consider another brand. But I'm biased, I've driven only Honda's since 1985. I would have never bought the 8th or 9th gen, hated the styling.
I didn't think I would either And then I wound up with an '08. The look grew on me but I did find it a lil bubbly. I wished I had gone for the late 8th gen which offered a better looking front end. I liked the look of them and still do.
The 9ths just didn't interest me...thank goodness for the X's

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I had a BRZ (2013) but sold it after a few months. IMO the S2000 is more fun, unless you need the extra practicality (rear seats, bigger trunk) of the BRZ.

I was considering the 2016 Chevy Volt because it's pretty comparable to the Civic, feature-wise, and the thought of almost never having to stop to buy gas was nice. But at the time (March 2016) it wasn't available with some of the tech features that were must-haves for me like adaptive cruise control. It is now, but I find myself really loving my Civic even after six months, so I think I'll keep it a while.

HondaGirl999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
For me it was between the Mazda 3 hatchback and the Civic. I still like the Mazda, but there was something about the Civic that I just fell in love with that I didn't feel with the Mazda. I have no regrets and would pic the Civic again in a heartbeat.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^^Same. Was eyeing a Mazda3 hatch for the better part of a year, just couldn't pull the trigger. Then the Civic came out, I test drove one weekend I was bored, and couldn't get it out of my mind. Wanted to wait for the hatch, but I'm not exactly patient lol.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2016 Accord Sport. Was actually kind of a tie between that and the Civic Touring, but after looking at both, i felt like I was getting a lot more for my money with the Civic

PenguinMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan, CosBlu
The 2017 Impreza Sport. Came out later than I expected and did not have some basic features like remote start in the higher trims. Also, no improvements to the engine :-/

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
1. Hatch sport
2. Hatch non sport
3. sedan
4. crosstour, Acura tsx wagon
5. lexus is250, Infiniti g37

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
Before I learned about the turbo models, I was probably going to get a Fit. I had a 2012 Fit Sport. I had test drove one when the new ones (2015) first came out and I liked the extra power and more features. I liked the 9th gen Civics, but I just didn't like the power. I felt like the Fit had more features for the price, and it felt to me at least, about the same as the Civic, performance wise. I ended up with a Civic EX-T and I will never downgrade to a Fit or lesser engine again.

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
I wanted cheap and reliable. Didn't like the Focus, so it was the Civic or Mazda 3. Spent 3 days in the city, taking them out of to wn overnight and taking one dealetships' offers to the other - back and forth (yes, driving the competitors car).

Prices were very very close. The mazda was a bit more fun to drive, slightly more comfortable, and has a better GUI. But i got the Honda for the greater cargo space, quieter ride, and the dealer took off another 1500 and tossed in winter tires & rims, block heater, all weather mats on the last day. Though most if that was offered after i decided, and before I told them. I just wanted to see what else they could do. But man, the salesperson i dealth with was a real bitch. I had a word with her sales manager after everything was signed. The mazda guy was great, and worked so hard to get me what i wanted. I actually felt a little bad telling him no.
Sponsored