When does "Turbo Boost" happen? How does it feel? Top Speed....?

rjcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
In these cars it's pretty smooth, I don't really feel a huge bump as it picks up. I had two fords before this, an escape and a fusion with turbo and it was more noticeable. I don't necessarily think more noticeable is better, it's just a different setup.
Sponsored

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had to pass a car yesterday, really pushed it... first time I had to do that. The thing took off, it was great...

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Had to pass a car yesterday, really pushed it... first time I had to do that. The thing took off, it was great...
Why do you suppose the dual set up lost over the single scroll turbo? Maybe the problems associated with the Mazda RX-7 1994? They could have loaded our cars with two and put in a turbo boost mode when both work at same time and Marketed it as V-Tech boost overdrive for the "new generation" ...

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone have a boost gauge in theirs?
I'm guessing it hits full (stock) boost before 3k rpm.
It does not, it has something called boost ramp rate and full boost doesnt actually hit until way up in the rpm band. Before being tuned my max I would see on the ext was 14.5 psi and that was MAX when I would let off the accelerator.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag