What's your purchase price?

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Oh you guys were talking about Focus I guess.

Ford Focus RS is practically $40,000 USD once properly equipped.
Golf R starts at $39,375 USD
STi ranges between $35,195 and $39,995 depending on trim.

With that being said, considering how the Type R has been in the dark for 20 years in the US, has significant hype behind its release, and on a rumor that it would be manufactured in less units than said competition, I don't understand how people are thinking why Honda would UNDERCUT it's competitors by $5000...

Focus RS in Canada comes loaded at $48,418 with wheel packages and everything standard.
Golf R is $40,695 base. Tech pkg is $1,945
Sti is $37,995 to $45,395 depending on trim.

In Canada I wouldn't be surprised at a $45,000 MSRP for the CTR
Yeah bud, the Focus RS. Regardless I'll be Ok with anything under 40k US. If it's over that, I'm not gonna be too happy, and I think there're a lot of others who feel the same way.
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah bud, the Focus RS. Regardless I'll be Ok with anything under 40k US. If it's over that, I'm not gonna be too happy, and I think there're a lot of others who feel the same way.
There's a decent number of loyalists that will jump on the hype train and gobble it up at 40k-50k USD.

Objectively, much better ways to spend your $$$ at that price. I'd never buy a $50k Civic, regardless. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Oh you guys were talking about Focus I guess.

Ford Focus RS is practically $40,000 USD once properly equipped.
Golf R starts at $39,375 USD
STi ranges between $35,195 and $39,995 depending on trim.

With that being said, considering how the Type R has been in the dark for 20 years in the US, has significant hype behind its release, and on a rumor that it would be manufactured in less units than said competition, I don't understand how people are thinking why Honda would UNDERCUT it's competitors by $5000...

Focus RS in Canada comes loaded at $48,418 with wheel packages and everything standard.
Golf R is $40,695 base. Tech pkg is $1,945
Sti is $37,995 to $45,395 depending on trim.

In Canada I wouldn't be surprised at a $45,000 MSRP for the CTR
Golf R and Focus RS both start at about 36.5k

The reason Honda has to undercut their competitors is because all of them are AWD. Most people in the Midwest who don't have other vehicles and if they only can have one,will choose AWD drive.

That being said if the CTR is over 40k before ADM I will be getting a 2018 Subaru WRX STi.

That also being said pretty sure it will be under 35k.

I'm still hoping April release for US...

@Billy4202 im think 10-1% of people may pay 40-50k. Most people even enthusiasts will not.

Last edited:

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
With it being front wheel drive and 40 horse over a focus ST it better be in the $28k-$30k range base price.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
With it being front wheel drive and 40 horse over a focus ST it better be in the $28k-$30k range base price.
It won't be. The Sport Touring Hatchback is $29,295 MSRP so there is NO WAY the Type R will be in that price range.

I'm personally thinking it will be between $35K - $38K.

Regards,

BA...

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It won't be. The Sport Touring Hatchback is $29,295 MSRP so there is NO WAY the Type R will be in that price range.

I'm personally thinking it will be between $35K - $38K.

Regards,

BA...
This...

I'm hoping sub 35k maybe 34.5k one can hope...

I read somewhere a Honda exec saying the price will be a very good value.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A focus ST isn't over 300bhp+, has no Brembos, heck it barely has a wing.

The ST is supposed to be more inline with the Si, a comfortable daily driver that's still fun in the twistys.

It also doesn't come with 20"s bruh...

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
The last generation Type R has 54 more hp than the ST....... Confused as to were this 40 came from

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
The last generation Type R has 54 more hp than the ST....... Confused as to were this 40 came from
I just remember the ST having 270 torque. I'm not sure if they will bump the K20C1 power, I would think they will. 295 I think it makes.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Golf R and Focus RS both start at about 36.5k

The reason Honda has to undercut their competitors is because all of them are AWD. Most people in the Midwest who don't have other vehicles and if they only can have one,will choose AWD drive.

That being said if the CTR is over 40k before ADM I will be getting a 2018 Subaru WRX STi.

That also being said pretty sure it will be under 35k.

I'm still hoping April release for US...

@Billy4202 im think 10-1% of people may pay 40-50k. Most people even enthusiasts will not.
That is how I see it in a perfect world. But Im sure that the first couple of months it will be prohibited the dealers asking price.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I just remember the ST having 270 torque. I'm not sure if they will bump the K20C1 power, I would think they will. 295 I think it makes.
306hp 295tq, you can't even begin to compare an ST to this car though.

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
The ST feels dull and muted compared to my Evolution X. I just see the FWD being the worst problem, it will just plow first and second gear corners and have atrocious wheel hop at launch. The prototype shows 245 tires, maybe with trofeo r or cup 2 it will hook up fairly well.

Tests of the FK2 say the turn in is amazing, with best steering feel in the electric power assist class. It won't power slide but it should perform well on my favorite twisty route.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
Why cant you? the Focus St will do 90% as well as the Civic Type R on the road, and for way cheaper. 305hp is too much to fully utilize in a FWD unless conditions are PERFECT. If the surface is wet, Focus St will be right with the CTR all day.

CTR will remain the car to have for die hard Honda fans and enthusiasts. The CTR will be the most track focused FWD car ever sold in NA, which is great and all. But what im saying is that FWD has diminishing returns performance wise as you add power. This is why a car like the Focus ST can absolutely compete.

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
Why cant you? the Focus St will do 90% as well as the Civic Type R on the road, and for way cheaper. 305hp is too much to fully utilize in a FWD unless conditions are PERFECT. If the surface is wet, Focus St will be right with the CTR all day.

CTR will remain the car to have for die hard Honda fans and enthusiasts. The CTR will be the most track focused FWD car ever sold in NA, which is great and all. But what im saying is that FWD has diminishing returns performance wise as you add power. This is why a car like the Focus ST can absolutely compete.
The focus suffers bad from the open diff. You can't do anything in second gear in the car forget first. If you have trofeo r tires and 75 degree weather the type r might hook in second on perfect pavement. The focus won't handle like the type r. The front end on the type r has all the goodies, unfortunately the rear end looks stock civic

biggtiny

BiggTiny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Put a deposit down on Thursday, and the dealer said they're assuming around $33,000 and they are getting 2, a black and a white one, but didn't know which one they would be receiving first, but are expecting to receive one around May-June timeframe
Sponsored